Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 07:49 AM
nitro _ burner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so does the 160mah pack have better properties than the stock 150mah? i know that you will say check the continious burst ans the c ratings, but i honstly dont get all that stuff, all i need isa yes/no answer.
Cheers.

Edit, hey Nubbins how did you ghet the car in your first pic to sit so high, its looks like a micro monster truck, have you ajusted the suspension?? if so how??
Old 05-06-2007, 07:58 AM
nitro _ burner

hey BTW everyone, ive got a couple of zip-zaps one has a 2 cell batt, (the cells are the same as in the micro t) and the other a 1 cell, i was going to hook one up t my micro t charger, would it charge it?? or would it blow up[&:]??
lol ive tried charging it while it was in the car (its a plug the car in wait for the light to turn off and go, kinda cheap toy) and it only gave me a tiny run time, but when it was running it would to wheelies for a good 30 secs and then go flat.
Btw its a on road car, with one of those tiny motors, heres a link.
http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Racer-Re.../dp/B000PCZCMO
tell me if it will work.
Cheers
Old 05-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Nubbins

ORIGINAL: nitro _ burner

so does the 160mah pack have better properties than the stock 150mah? i know that you will say check the continious burst ans the c ratings, but i honstly dont get all that stuff, all i need isa yes/no answer.
Cheers.
I don't know much about batteries either, so here's pretty much everything I know about them and the ones we are running.

From what I understand, the higher the mah a battery has, the longer its runtime will be. If you're looking for how much speed will be added, you need to pay attention to the voltage... the batteries we got are awesome (link in my above post with all the pictures) and work really well. They're about $22 apiece. They're 7.4v 250mah batteries. That said, my buddy got some super cheap cells from China for about 4 bucks apiece and then soldered the packs together himself. They're only 200mah, but they seem to last just as long and the cars go just as fast with them as the 250mah.

As for the charger we got for these new batteries, here is a picture of it:

We paid $39 for ours, but I found this link where you can order them for $32... no idea how reliable this source is and I don't remember where we ordered ours from. Apache 2030 Smart Charger.

So far, the chargers have worked flawlessly on both sets of battery packs we've bought. The speed of our cars has at least doubled with the battery packs... couple those with bearings and the larger pinion gear and the car is damn near uncontrollable... it's awesome! The charge on the batteries lasts a good 20 minutes even when you're driving the hell out of them.

The charger will come with a male end JST connector for attaching to the battery and you will need to buy an additional male JST connector for your car and a female JST for each battery you buy. You will have to solder these JST connectors onto the battery and your car's ESC... and be VERY careful not to allow the + and - exposed wires from your batteries to touch one another... cover them with electrical tape as soon as you have soldered the connections. You can find JST connectors at your local hobby store (we got ours at Hobby Town USA for about $2 apiece).

Edit, hey Nubbins how did you ghet the car in your first pic to sit so high, its looks like a micro monster truck, have you ajusted the suspension?? if so how??
I'm not sure... I didn't do anything special with it. I think maybe it's just a perspective thing. My bodywork sits higher on the car now that we've got the new lipos in it because the connectors are a bit larger than the stock ones... I can only fasten my bodywork on with the front clip and the back end of it rides freely to provide more space for the additional wiring and connectors. That might be why it appears to sit higher than a normal Micro T.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:30 PM
wst50

Definitely going to have to get a Micro-T. £45 from my LHS, for a tidy little indoors basher. Another £30 sees me going very quickly, and another £15 sees me repairing the suspension and so on...
Old 05-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Frozen72

My stock electronics fried over the weekend and I was wondering if I should get them again, get a brushed esc, or save up a go brushless. I'm not worried about the speed I'm happy with how fast it's now.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:11 AM
nitro _ burner

if your happy with the stock speed, just go with the stock esc.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:16 AM
nitro _ burner

also thanks for the reply nubbins, but does anyone now if hooking a 2 cell pack up to the losi quick charger will work??
Cheers
ORIGINAL: nitro _ burner

hey BTW everyone, ive got a couple of zip-zaps one has a 2 cell batt, (the cells are the same as in the micro t) and the other a 1 cell, i was going to hook one up t my micro t charger, would it charge it?? or would it blow up[&:]??
lol ive tried charging it while it was in the car (its a plug the car in wait for the light to turn off and go, kinda cheap toy) and it only gave me a tiny run time, but when it was running it would to wheelies for a good 30 secs and then go flat.
Btw its a on road car, with one of those tiny motors, heres a link.
http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Racer-Re.../dp/B000PCZCMO
tell me if it will work.
Cheers
Old 05-07-2007, 05:19 PM
LeoH

I also installed aluminum shocks from Hot Racing... those came back out yesterday after one in the front and one in the rear began to bind and get stuck either fully extended or all the way compressed. They're pretty much crap... you need oil in them if they're going to work properly. So if you're thinking about it, then don't... the stock suspension works just fine.
so what kind of oil can be used in them? and how much of a difference does having oil in them make?

thanks
Old 05-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Frozen72

I guess that I'm going to use the stock electronics till I get my React radio then I'm going BL.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:10 PM
BOBCAT45

Hey guys i am getting ready to put bearings in my micro t is there any thing that i need to no before i tear into it. how hard is it to put them in the rear ? I no that the front ones look easy but didnt no how to put the back ones on. could someone give me a quick tutiral on the back bearings. Does putting bearings in make it steer better and roll better? Let me no.
Bobcat45
Old 05-07-2007, 08:30 PM
maxxdout

the rears are very easey. you just take off the wheels and the rear tirod and take out the driveshafts and outdrives. then you take out the bushings and replace them with bb's. i didnt do this in my micro-t yet, but my mini-t is pretty much the same.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:09 PM
jvs8864

bearings is a must.
all you do is take off the rear wheel. and where the shafts connecting to the wheel are, pop those little circular busings out and put the bearings in
its a *snap*
Old 05-07-2007, 11:38 PM
nitro _ burner

DONT GET THE HOT RACING SHOCKS!!!! get the atomic shocks, because they take the optional spring sets and actually take oil/grease. the HR shocks arnet made to hold oil and the shock body is much bigger than the stock so only the springs it comes with will fit.
ORIGINAL: LeoH

I also installed aluminum shocks from Hot Racing... those came back out yesterday after one in the front and one in the rear began to bind and get stuck either fully extended or all the way compressed. They're pretty much crap... you need oil in them if they're going to work properly. So if you're thinking about it, then don't... the stock suspension works just fine.
so what kind of oil can be used in them? and how much of a difference does having oil in them make?

thanks
Old 05-09-2007, 01:57 PM
jvs8864

alright everyone, the time has come for me to sell my micro T.
its not that its broken or i dont love it but i just dont have the time so im gunna start selling some of my RC things

im curious what everyone thinks i should sell it for.

micro T:80$

threaded axle shafts:17 $ shipped

Atomic BB motor: 20$ shipped

Ball Bearings: 12$ shipped

all together new some one would be paying about 130 for all this, it has about 10 packs in it, what does everyone think i should sell it for??
thanks!!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:16 PM
joeyblaze

bro the motor is 10 bucks

you going to take loss reguardless, but i think 80 for all is a good price
Old 05-09-2007, 02:23 PM
coleholley

ORIGINAL: jvs8864

alright everyone, the time has come for me to sell my micro T.
its not that its broken or i dont love it but i just dont have the time so im gunna start selling some of my RC things

im curious what everyone thinks i should sell it for.

micro T:80$

threaded axle shafts:17 $ shipped

Ball Bearings: 12$ shipped

all together new some one would be paying about 130 for all this, it has about 10 packs in it, what does everyone think i should sell it for??
thanks!!
Probably around $65-70 because most R/C things go for about half of what the person has in it.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:15 PM
jvs8864

ORIGINAL: joeyblaze

bro the motor is 10 bucks

you going to take loss reguardless, but i think 80 for all is a good price

ok BRO

notice it says 20 shipped

i got it for 13 with 7 shipping
i realize im gunna lose money, i was aiming for like 85-90

might seem like alot for the micro T, but if the buyer was gunna make those upgrades anyway, they will save a lot of money
Old 05-09-2007, 09:27 PM
murawskiallen

hey guys how about how much run time do are you guys getting with the stock battery on a single charge?
Old 05-09-2007, 09:33 PM
maxxdout

it seems to be getting worse but around 5 mins but if your on a street pulling full throttle without letting go, 7 mins about.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:56 PM
murawskiallen

yeah with rechargable batteries the runtime goes down as you charge it more and more, i bought mine second hand and i get about 4-5 min inside my apartment, i just wanted to know how much the battery had been used before i bought it.. anybody know any tips on increasing run time???
Old 05-10-2007, 06:19 AM
nitro _ burner

If you feel like it go back over the thread, this "how do i get longer runtimes" has been disscucced many times on this thread. otherwise get the ball bearings, go through the whole car and check for, hair, binding, needing oil/grease etc.
ORIGINAL: murawskiallen

yeah with rechargable batteries the runtime goes down as you charge it more and more, i bought mine second hand and i get about 4-5 min inside my apartment, i just wanted to know how much the battery had been used before i bought it.. anybody know any tips on increasing run time???
Old 05-10-2007, 12:10 PM
drabnor

ORIGINAL: murawskiallen
anybody know any tips on increasing run time???
put a lipo in it
Old 05-10-2007, 03:21 PM
drabnor

got my brushless finished finally, still waiting for my 2 cell lipo so ive been putting around with the 1 cell, its just screaming for more voltage. its slower than stock with the 1 cell lipo but still moves around. gonna try the 4.8v nimh pack i got from killer hobbies in it tonight when i get home.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:51 PM
murawskiallen

what parts of the car do you guys grease up? just the diff i assume??
Old 05-11-2007, 05:47 AM
nitro _ burner

bo yah yo!!! i just got my atomic bb motor from thetoyz, and this thing rocks!!! it much higher revvs and more torque (based on one cycle) i also got the rear optional spring setand put the hardest springs on the rear and the medium one the front, although there for the rear they work fine for the front. Also one of the softest settings springs was all streched and a bit bent beyond use, so ill order some more stuff from the toyz and ask them to throw some more springs in if its possible.
BTW Thetoyz if your listening, you have the fastest shipping!!!!!! no joke i ordered from killerhobbies and it took like 3 weeks or so to arrive, but with thetoyz it only took 1 week. well done guys!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.