Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

List your Micro-T Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:29 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: List your Micro-T Problems

The only problem i had was a stripped spur gear along with the treads in the motor that hold it on the car cause the dee dee dee i bought it from always put the wrong screws on the wrong hole[&:] But i got a screw kit and fixed that problem, now i just need to get a motor. And ive had it for quate a few months too.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:50 PM
mikemcnair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an interesting issue........

while making left turns it lifts the inside (driver side) rear tire, and just spins said wheel.

i have tuned a million (1:1 scale mind you) suspensions, and have tried EVERYTHING to stop it from happening, and still no luck. that dam tire lifts during hard cornering.

other than that, a great truck!!! oh, and i ripped up a TON of transmissions as soon as i went lipo. i guess that is the price to pay when you play
Old 11-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Metallover

My Micro T worked great the first 15-20 runs or so. I got the LiPo the same day I bought It and I think I blew my tranny. Half the time when I just plug it in with the stock battery (The LiPo is being replaced) I geve it some throttle and the wheels dont turn and It makes a wailing sound. The Spur/Pinion gears are fine.

Im looking forward to doubling the rear suspension this weekend. Maybe it wont bottom out anymore. Got the rear option springs and doesnt do much on the rear. This should fix it. Dont have a camera - ill post pics of I get a hold of one.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Mad Zero

I have a real bad range problem with mine - literally about 2ft!!

I bought the car on eBay for minus the charger and trasmitter plus a broken antenna. I've replaced the antenna with one off a full-sized receiver (soldered onto the PCB correctly) ran up a standard Tamiya aerial tube and it all seems to work except it has no range.

I was wondering if there are any electronics/radio engineers that are into RC cars on here that can diagnose the problem remotely? I'm pretty handy with a voltmeter and miniature soldering on PCB's and I would gladly sacrifice the PCB in my Micro-T in the inerests of actually solving the problem as, at the moment, my car is merely a desk ornament!

Cheers,
Buzz.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:41 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow, some have had good luck, others huge problem. im getting a micro d/t next friday. i ordered 2 extra stock batteries and a ball bearing set. i might buy a atomic bb motor later, not sure if its worth the $15 or not. i plan on replacing the tie rods with zip ties right out of the box. i hope i dont have any problems with glitching or a bad charger.
i went with the desert truck cause of the more scale looking body, and the wheel/tires look just awsome!
i know the micro t and the d/t are basically the same, so i hope mine will run well.
i though about going with lipos, but 1st was the cost(like $40 for 1 batt and charger, i got 2 stock batts new for $20) and 2nd didnt want to rip up the tranny. plus i only plan on running indoors, so i dont need it to go 20+mph
Old 12-28-2007, 09:54 PM
RCCanuck

your antennae is broken right where it comes through the ESC board...I took my stocker off and added a Xmod antennae and have had no range issues since.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:31 AM
tomcatguy74
My Feedback: (4)

have all the Micro-T problems gone away? There has not been a post since 12/28/07.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:01 PM
gt_man

Hey Guys,

I need some quick help. Im pretty sure now that with the lipo and stock motor i get it fully charged and it turns the wheels but the motor instantly gets stuck on one of the brushes i think. Is there anyhthing i can do to fix this quickly.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:03 PM
rc18kid

for the people with charger problem, the chargers batteries run dead fast! CHANGE THOES AND MOST LIKELY IT WILL BE FINE.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:10 PM
gt_man

Guys, I really need some help with fixing this motor from getting stuck and not going. Pleas help.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:35 PM
hotrodlincoln886

just the got the brushless system for my micro t set it up correctly put in. and if it gets more thn 10 feet from me it glitches like crazy. inside out side doesn't matter where it is more than 10 feet from me it's posesed. any ideas thanks
Old 11-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Kloft

My micro-t ran GREAT!! Well at least for the first day [] I stripped a gear in the differential yesterday. Last night i locked it with model cement just for the heck of it. I havent put the rear end back on yet (think im gonna buy a smaller screw driver set first), but i cant wait to drive it somemore
Old 01-21-2009, 09:22 PM
mazzakilla

Gear mesh was a little tight and the short run times. Does upgrading to a Lipo require any other reinformcements? It's gonna jump from 4.8V to something like 7.4V. All in all, a great little truck.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Wild YFZ 450

Running BL with a 3s lipo.. Well all I can say is..Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff... Did I mention my diff is my problem.. Best Temp.. Fix is to take it apart and throw some Superglue in there it will lock the diff but will work good for a decent amount of time..
Old 01-21-2009, 09:51 PM
maxxin2.5

ORIGINAL: Wild YFZ 450

Running BL with a 3s lipo.. Well all I can say is..Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff Diff... Did I mention my diff is my problem.. Best Temp.. Fix is to take it apart and throw some Superglue in there it will lock the diff but will work good for a decent amount of time..

you either are not shimming it right or something is to tight or loose
Old 01-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Wild YFZ 450

Not at all.. I am shimming it perfect and everything is fine.. Ive built more then enough RC's.. Have you ever ran 3s in ur BL Micro-t( DT )?.. Trying to give advice.. Waiting for a Ball diff or another option for it...
Heres just a vid of it..
Old 02-07-2009, 09:31 AM
cookiebomber451

well, u probably blew the brass bushings inside the tranny, which if they are blown or worn out, there is to much space for the spur gear to spin and probably is moving to much inside the tranny case, which makes it so it won't mesh properly with the other gears inside the tranny case, if this it your problem, u have to buy a whole new tranny kit, and if u do, oil them before u install them back into the case, i did it and i havn't changed them in a year now. hope this helps
Old 02-07-2009, 09:53 AM
cookiebomber451

i have one question and i gotta know this, i was taking apart my micro to clean it out and i mean it was completely apart, and my step brother got a hold and tore off the battery connecter wires, i was wondering can i solder them back on, i gotta know cause i don't wanna go and buy a new transmitter i will show u a picture of where it needs to be soldered, just to let u know this is not my picture to
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79772.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1129402  
Old 02-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Alex73

It should be fine to re-solder, just be careful. Make sure the polarity is correct and don't short circuit it, as it is very small and fiddly.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Wild YFZ 450

ORIGINAL: cookiebomber451

well, u probably blew the brass bushings inside the tranny, which if they are blown or worn out, there is to much space for the spur gear to spin and probably is moving to much inside the tranny case, which makes it so it won't mesh properly with the other gears inside the tranny case, if this it your problem, u have to buy a whole new tranny kit, and if u do, oil them before u install them back into the case, i did it and i havn't changed them in a year now. hope this helps
Not at all I have gone through around 5 full tranny sets its the differential..the insdies of the differential are being stripped out.. You are running the stock electronics.. those are to weak to strip anything.. I am running a BL setup on 3s lipo..
Old 02-07-2009, 09:24 PM
cookiebomber451

well idk now, i tried it, i put the wires on it for the battery, the steering servo chatters but then turn off, i h8 doing this, its so hard, i just don't wanna buy a new reciever, do i have to remove all the left of solder to make it work?
Old 02-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Cheap Guy

The rear pivot (suspension) block could be a little stronger. In fairness, it's a cheap replacement and we were beating on in pretty good, but all it took was glancing blow to break it. Although I'm not a big fan on replacing plastic with metal, this would be a good place to upgrade since it would only affect the suspension arms if it takes a hard hit.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:07 PM
cookiebomber451

i have a question, does anyone have a spare reciever i could buy for like $20, i need it real bad, cause my step dad missed soldering the red wire, and now it short circuited and doesn't work, it actually smoked then didn't work no mores, so im :'( about this plz does any one have one
Old 02-18-2009, 09:17 PM
cookiebomber451

welll your problem could be that your antenna on your reciever could have came unsoldered on the receiver, if this happened, there is a simple fix u can do, if ur intrested in knowing message me and i can tell ya
Old 02-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Cheap Guy

Someone already mentioned it above, but the battery wires to the ESC board separate fairly easily, especially when trying to replace the ESC cover. So far I've had to resolder ALL the connectors to my first two Mircos (battery, servo), and I assume I'm going to have to do the same for the two new/used ones I just bought. I guess the good thing is that my soldering is getting much better, and it solved the performance problem with one of my first cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.