Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

List your Micro-T Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 02:00 AM
ryan2282

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: List your Micro-T Problems

Ive got a problem. Nrand new mini t just quit working only had a half a battery cycle through it. THe steering servo still works but i have no throttle. CHecked all connectors and re charged the battery and still nothing
Old 02-24-2009, 07:15 PM
cookiebomber451

i don't know that much about minis, but the wires that go to the esc and reciever may be bad check them, idk i am a micro and 1:8 losi driver, so i don't know much about the minis, but hope this help a bit
Old 02-27-2009, 02:06 AM
steve307b

I am on my third assembled tranny. I bought this little micro-t on ebay and it ran for a week or so then started howling and not moving, so I got one of those assembled trannys for 15$ and that fixed it. That only lasted for like two batterys. Then started howling again and not moving too much, so now I put in another 15$ tranny and it runs again. I run that little lipo pack. Is that too much power for these things or what. I also have the micro DT running the lipo and it has lasted fine through many batteries. Just dont want to keep replacing trannys. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 02-27-2009, 02:25 AM
Cheap Guy

ORIGINAL: steve307b

I am on my third assembled tranny. I bought this little micro-t on ebay and it ran for a week or so then started howling and not moving, so I got one of those assembled trannys for 15$ and that fixed it. That only lasted for like two batterys. Then started howling again and not moving too much, so now I put in another 15$ tranny and it runs again. I run that little lipo pack. Is that too much power for these things or what. I also have the micro DT running the lipo and it has lasted fine through many batteries. Just dont want to keep replacing trannys. Any suggestions? Thanks
Open up the case, fill it up with grease (I used white lithium) and it should help. The problem is that the brass bushing wear down really fast. If you're thinking about getting the aluminum tranny with ball bearings, many folks say you're still going to have to do a little work with it, by shimming the gears.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:46 AM
steve307b

Ok thanks, I'll try it.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:10 PM
6speednissan

I think my tranny is going to need a swap sometime soon. It sounds pretty rough and grinds, and when I turn one wheel the other spins the same direction. I filled the trans case with Associated Diff Grease before I got my brushless. Hopefully it'll hold out for a little longer with the grease. I may just buy a backup, fill it with grease, and put it away until I need it.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Stampedekid

Stripped my entire tranny on my Micro DT a few months ago. Never bothered to fix it. The cause was the tranny was loose to begin with, the truck has a Losi 10250kv BL motor and BL ESC along with the Losi 3 wire micro receiver and the Losi 2cell 180mAh LiPo, been BL Since September 07 and I stripped the differential, the spur and pinion gear was mulched while trying to tighten the slipper which wouldn't tighten since everything was stripped out.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:33 PM
steve307b

My micro dt is acting a little wierd. When you turn it on with a new battery the wheels spin uncontrolably. Then when you hit the throttle they kind of stop and then work the right way. Also the wheels wont turn to the right or left in the front. I can here the servo working (they do have a servo dont they?) but the steer just wont work. Do I need to replace the ESC reciever or is there just a steering servo in these things I can replace? Thanks for any info.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:30 PM
huck ur rc

when i got mine the thing dident work at all the receiver was totally screwed but i took it back to my hobby shop and they gave me a new one. a few days ago i snapped the chassis on it. ill be upgrading to graphite chassis, lipo, atomic bb moter threaded axles and oil filled shocks also how do u fix the tie rod
Old 03-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Cheap Guy

ORIGINAL: huck ur rc

when i got mine the thing dident work at all the receiver was totally screwed but i took it back to my hobby shop and they gave me a new one. a few days ago i snapped the chassis on it. ill be upgrading to graphite chassis, lipo, atomic bb moter threaded axles and oil filled shocks also how do u fix the tie rod
For the tie rods, a lot of us used small 4" zipties cut to length, with the holes burned through with a pin. I used a micro drill to make the hole.

On your list, you didn't mention bearings, which is probably the best upgrade.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:20 AM
JPerrone

All of a sudden one of the dt's stopped going; motor runs but wheels don't turn. I think it's a diff problem so I remove the cover over the spur/pinion and that area is just full of white dust; the delrin from the spur. Still has some teeth on it but only about half as high as it should be.

Pinion looks fine, but the spur got eaten up. Maybe the slipper was too tight.

I was thinking metal Integy spur for a replacement, but maybe that just means something else will go. If it is the pinion that's fine, its easy enough to replace. If diff, that's more trouble.

Anybody have this problem? Maybe the pinion/spur was not meshed tightly enough

Regards
Old 03-30-2009, 01:06 PM
losi13

I just spend a grip of money basically building a new micro-t from the bottom up. Here's my prob. I went with the new receiver with the 3 wire steering servo and the brushless system with a lipo battery. After charging the lipo and turing everything on the car twitches like crazy. I can't even drive the thing Does anyone have any ideas why it's doing that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:05 AM
tyhodge07

you running a carbon fiber chassis with it mounted to the chassis? if so you need something in between it, wrap the receiver in shrink wrap, which you should do either way. if not, the antenna that comes with it, you may want to change.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:37 PM
ec136

Help! my micro always flips off and the motor shuts down ! another problem is that the steering is glitching and doesent work ! PLZHELP!THXPLEASERESPOND!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Thomas P

Some noice have come up...Like a "Vibration" noice if ya not using ballbearings..it omes inside the tranny...i think. Maybe a drop of oil @the BL motor...
Old 02-05-2010, 09:18 AM
flimwad

i have a problem, i have brushless and only usin nimh. I am using a spektrum sr300 reciever and it cuts out. when i go full throttle, the receiver light turns off. i am using a dx3s
Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 PM
thesoulcrusher

Hi all

Ive been having so many issues with mine.. My ESC keep shutting down.. I'll drive the truck for 1-2mins then it wont go forward or reverse. Losi sent me a new ESC. did not fix it then they sent me a new motor.. Did not fix it.. I then tried an atomic BB II motor.. Same issues... I took apart the diff to check it out.. looks good.. tried all 3 spurs.. same issues..

Anyone know of a better, maybe 3rd party esc/receiver i can throw in this that will work?
I know it is the ESC because if I attach the battery direct to the motor it works fine