Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Lipo Setup..

Old 12-27-2006, 11:14 AM
TheArsonist21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo Setup..

Ok, it seems that Lipo is the way to go. So I am thinking..

Super Brain 977 Charger, so that way I can still use it to charge my 2 11MAH NiMh Packs

and this battery?

http://www.boomboombatteries.com/Pro...de=tp1320%5F3s

Or should I get this one?

http://www.boomboombatteries.com/Pro...TP%5F1320%5F2s

I dont know anything about lipo, do I need balancers and stuff too?

Will a 2C be better then the NiMH packs or should I get a 3c?

Goint to be in a MLST with either a Mamba 25 and 6800 or a Quark 33 and Wraith 7K
Old 12-27-2006, 11:52 AM
xmodder34

Default RE: Lipo Setup..

Both of those batteries are excellent I run them in my vendetta.I use the 3s pack for more top end and power when needed.I am not sure if the fit is good.Check the size of your existing pack.A balancer is nice to have so 5 or so charges you can balance out the voltage.When charging lipos just be attentive and follow the rules.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:28 PM
GravityJunkie

Default RE: Lipo Setup..

I use a Vision Peak Ultra to charge my li-po's. Dunno about the charger your recommended. I chose the Peak Ultra because it is an AC/DC charger at a good price (and others had liked their Ultra).

A balancer is a good addition, but is not a necessary item at first. I just purchased a $25 Blinky balancer and it works great. My 2s lipo that is seen many charges was barely out of balance. However, my 3s li-po which has not seen as many balances was a little more out of balance. I dunno if the 2s pack was closer in balance from the factory, or if a 3s can out of balance faster. Having a 3s go out faster makes sense with the additional cell and all, but I won't know if sure until I balance them again.

I'd also a li-po specific charging containment device. Again, not necessary at first, but it's a wise investment. I currently use a liposack and like it. I haven't had to 'test' it yet, but it's a good security.

2s lipo will be much better than standard packs. 3s lipo will be much better than 2s. I'm running a Quark 33/Wraith 7k in my mlst and it flat out moves!!!