Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official Pro-Pulse Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 12:21 PM
aviator24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Pro-Pulse Thread

HOLLY COW! Ten bucks! Might try to fabricate something. Thank you for the post though!
I broke this off pretty quickly. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:26 PM
pulsenewb

ORIGINAL: aviator24

HOLLY COW! Ten bucks! Might try to fabricate something. Thank you for the post though!
I broke this off pretty quickly. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes! Ten bucks! Yes, mine broke off the third time I ran it. I found a small rubber pipe and cut it to fit and put the screws on the inside of the pipe. So now the screws don't get hit head on.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:28 PM
tjarr001

i like that proline body it looks tight. so how do you like your micro-t
Old 01-02-2007, 12:30 PM
aviator24

The back bumper was a nice replacement, until I broke that one too! Just cannot drive em like I used to...
Old 01-02-2007, 01:54 PM
joeyblaze

so do any 18t wheels and tires fir on the pro pules

does any one have a list of all the parts from an 18t that fit directly on with no mods needed
i also dont use the RS packs, i use a 6 cell 7.2v IB1400 pack which i charge using me Parahan, the truck flys,
Old 01-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Haulin Azz

the list that i have on the first page, only the hop ups i have done are the ones i know to fit. a-arms also are exactly the same.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:25 PM
phaythe

ORIGINAL: Haulin Azz

the list that i have on the first page, only the hop ups i have done are the ones i know to fit. a-arms also are exactly the same.
Since you have confirmed that the arms, turnbuckles and dogbones fit, it follows that the hubs can work as well. Although it is possible that with the front suspension, the carrier and steering block may be still be sufficiently different from the Pro-Pulse such that they would need to be replaced together as a set. Wheels fit, as does the sedan wheel adapter so you can use 1/10th wheels. And you're using RC18 diffs, so diffs are interchangable.

What can -not- be interchanged directly are the motor mounts, bumpers and shock towers.

The shock towers should be easily adaptable with an aluminum plate of proper dimensions and with holes drilled in the proper locations. Three holes in the center of the plate to bolt to the pro pulse chassis, two on either outside edge of the plate to bolt to the RC18 shock tower and allow the ball joint to thread for the turnbuckles to attach. Although this is a crude hack (definitely going to alter the suspension geometry a bit), it should still be stronger than the plastic tower if a thick enough plate is used, but it may result in needing longer machine screws to make it work. Anyone with a dremel tool and a steady hand could make this. Definitely a hack, but a workaround nonetheless.

So the only mystery part left is if the RC18 drive shaft is the proper length and the spur gear attachment point at the right spot on shaft? Obviously the spur gear would need replaced along with the driveshaft as the RC18 uses a hex and Pro-Pulse uses a center pin akin to the Itsy Bitsy Spider as already pointed out. So, does anyone have the parts around to do some measuring?

But I do have to concur, I think this thread is unneeded, so I will also post this in the other thread to keep it all in one spot.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:18 PM
joeyblaze

wow

so RC18T

dogbones
wheels
shocks
arms

are confirmed to fit and work

who produeces the RC18T is it associate?
Old 01-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Mr. Mugen

yes
Old 01-02-2007, 05:55 PM
pimptruck

My friends shock tower broke. Is there aluminum replacement part?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:00 PM
pimptempura

ESC problems. This is the third pro pulse i got (exchanged twice).
First one was a bad shock.
Second was a TX problem
and now the ESC doesn't seem to be working.

I turn on the PP and the Transmitter and the steering servo kicks on but the ESC red LED doesn't go on. Is it fried? I can't return this one b/c i switched the connectors on the Stock ESC to dean plugs.

I am totally new at this so i am looking for someone to point me in the right direction for next steps.

If i need another ESC which one should i get? I want to also run BL since i'll prolly need a new ESC.

Only problem is I never programmed an ESC and would like the car to have braking and reverse. The problem is i don't have any high end TX to program the ESC which i read I might need. Do you think my LHS could help switch it out and program the ESC?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:06 PM
birel19

someone should post pics of their pro-pule, or make a gallery thred. I cant start one cause I dont own one!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Mr. Mugen

ORIGINAL: pimptempura

ESC problems. This is the third pro pulse i got (exchanged twice).
First one was a bad shock.
Second was a TX problem
and now the ESC doesn't seem to be working.

I turn on the PP and the Transmitter and the steering servo kicks on but the ESC red LED doesn't go on. Is it fried? I can't return this one b/c i switched the connectors on the Stock ESC to dean plugs.

I am totally new at this so i am looking for someone to point me in the right direction for next steps.

If i need another ESC which one should i get? I want to also run BL since i'll prolly need a new ESC.

Only problem is I never programmed an ESC and would like the car to have braking and reverse. The problem is i don't have any high end TX to program the ESC which i read I might need. Do you think my LHS could help switch it out and program the ESC?
You should have kept the first one. A shock problem on a truck is minor no matter what it is. At best it would be a 4.00 fix.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Haulin Azz

the bl esc i have was sorta hard to understand, you can program it with the stock radio. i will hopefully have most my upgrades done tomarrow so i will post some pictures of my racing pro-pulse.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:34 PM
CUSTOM0

Yay, i got a video up: [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-A0kmmFTRQ]click for video[/link]
NOTE: i was focused on getting the buggy on film, not my best driving.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:42 PM
pulsenewb

Nice video!! Like the slo-mo effect!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Haulin Azz

i am wanting to make mine into a truggy/ prerunner type truck. then if we move to alabama or florida (hope we do) i will put paddle tires on and have a sweet dune basher! ne way that is a way off though. i want to make this thing crazy though!! i will get some pics today when i finish working on it.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Haulin Azz

birel19 you should get one! By the way guys, i have made custom bumpers for mine front and rear and the work great!! i put coats of shoe-goo on the front one to make it really strong lol!!![&:] I will be racing again this saturday so that will be cool! Now that i have just about every single bug worked out it is handling great and is an awesome racer!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:17 AM
tjarr001

haulin why you tryin to steal my idea? j/k i orderd paddles for the front and back last week and im just waitin for them to come in. i live at jacksoville beach in florida. i bought a vw baja body and paintied it this weekend. ill put up a pic as soon as i get the tires in and put them on. paddles are cheap on ebay like a set of 2 wit rims for 7 or 8 before shipping.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Haulin Azz

lol! i wish we lived down there.[] My tie-rods just came in so most my hop-ups are finished, pics will be taken soon!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:30 PM
xmaxxbasherx

heres mine 2 days old and ready for upgrades as soon as i get paid
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20026.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	589834   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82111.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	589835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94310.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	589836  
Old 01-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Haulin Azz

looks good oh nice vid CUSTOMO
Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 AM
tjarr001

man i finally got my paddle tires, but im kinda disapointed i could have swarn that when i ordered them that they came with rims but they dont so now i gotta stop my hobbyworld on the way home and pic up some rims. ill prob just get the cheap white dish ones and paint them or something. cant wait to put it all together and post some pics
Old 01-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Haulin Azz

ya get the white dish or a set of bling bling chrome![:-]
Old 01-08-2007, 02:42 PM
tjarr001

well i got it all done. i took it to the beach last night and it was bad azz. i took some pics but didnt have time to upload them. ill do it tonight.i cant wait to get either the twin motors or brushless. im really skeptical. i dont want it to go so fast that i cant keep up with it, but then again i like the look of the twinn motors. but i also want to be able to haul azz and whip the competition if the challenge ever arises. so i dunno i may just be patient and see if anyone sells the setup that you have on ebay, then ill pick it up. or maybe i can get my girlfriend to get it for me haha.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.