Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official Pro-Pulse Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 06:13 PM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Pro-Pulse Thread

for me, id go brushless over twin motors. you'll get longer run times and the power is in the batteries. plus i don't think you can run two hot motors on the stock esc.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Haulin Azz

ya go brushless
Old 01-09-2007, 10:59 AM
tjarr001

i think that when you get the upgrade it comes with a new esc that you can hook 2 motors too. but i dunno i might be wrong.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:21 PM
joeyblaze

well i got it all done. i took it to the beach last night and it was bad azz. i took some pics but didnt have time to upload them. ill do it tonight.i cant wait to get either the twin motors or brushless. im really skeptical. i dont want it to go so fast that i cant keep up with it, but then again i like the look of the twinn motors. but i also want to be able to haul azz and whip the competition if the challenge ever arises. so i dunno i may just be patient and see if anyone sells the setup that you have on ebay, then ill pick it up. or maybe i can get my girlfriend to get it for me haha.
how are u running on the sand, doesnt it get up into the gears and make terrible sounds? i ran mine on base ball field for less then i min and i was like oh no...
Old 01-09-2007, 01:44 PM
CrunkRida

Well I'm with Inverted now these things are bad news. I ordered RC18T shock towers... Didn't fit with out some heavy modding. Top plate for the RC18T didn't fit. and last but not least the RC18T alloy dogbones don't fit! [>:]

Old 01-09-2007, 02:33 PM
phaythe

ORIGINAL: CrunkRida

Well I'm with Inverted now these things are bad news. I ordered RC18T shock towers... Didn't fit with out some heavy modding. Top plate for the RC18T didn't fit. and last but not least the RC18T alloy dogbones don't fit! [>:]

The towers and plate have been known not to fit for a long time. I don't think anyone has ever claimed them to fit. The dogbones however, I'm pretty sure are only working for people who have also replaced the hubs with RC18 hubs (which it seems a lot of the modders tossing alloy parts on are doing). I know the ti bones that I have won't work with the stock hubs since they're about 2mm too short, as shown in your photo.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Haulin Azz

mine fit, you have to use the little springs that rc18 use in their diff output, i run the alloy dogbones with the rc18 spring in the output and it works just like it does on a rc18t
Old 01-09-2007, 05:12 PM
CrunkRida

Which propulse do you have the truck? People that have the propulse truck seem to fit fine but I have the buggy. [&o] I used the spring in the diff and it still didn't work.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:15 PM
phaythe

Ah, good to know. I was gonna snag some MIP RC18 diffs, anyone happen to know if their diff kit includes said springs? I'm assuming it is the spring that is part of the #21115 rebuild kit shown to the right of the diff in this exploded view: http://aedownloads.com/downloads/dra...g_18b.mt.t.pdf
Old 01-09-2007, 06:08 PM
phaythe

The only difference between the buggy and the truck are the wheels, tires and body.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:47 PM
tjarr001

joey well when i took it to the beach i didnt have the batt fully charged but it was still alot of fun. i took a few pics but cant figure out how to post them in here, but i think that they are in my gallery if you wanna check them out. yea it was kinda noisy but when i got home i cleaned it off wit a compressor and everything is back to normal.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Haulin Azz

i ran in sand with my brushless, no noise,"gear strippage"
Old 01-10-2007, 10:03 AM
tjarr001

a
Old 01-10-2007, 10:06 AM
tjarr001

so i got my pics in my gallery but i cant figure out how to put them on here. when i am puttin in a reply and i click on the image icon i copy the pic and paste and it dosent come up. i have tried like 4 or 5 diff things and when i am lookin at the pics a window will open but there is no link or web adress to it
Old 01-10-2007, 10:16 AM
tashspop

for posting pics, i just use photobucket works great.

ae dog bones fit just fine in these without mods. i don't use the springs, i use fuel tubing as the springs just didn't work as well for me in any car. the springs that come in the mip super diff kit are for the ball diff adjustment screw, not the outdrives so no it doesn't come with any.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:38 AM
tjarr001

ok i think that i got it this time sorry if they are big. i took them with my cell phone and dont know how to resize them.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:10 PM
any-name-will-do-4-me

What is limiting someone from running dual brushless motors, aside from money?
Old 01-10-2007, 05:07 PM
any-name-will-do-4-me

Another question. On the reciever in the car there are 4 areas to plug things in. 1-aux. 2-esc. 3-steering. 4-batt. Only two are being used, the esc and steering, What would you need a battery one for and what aux. items are there that need a power outlet?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:48 PM
tjarr001

i have seen people with little fans on their motors. maybe you plug it in to one of those. but not sure
Old 01-10-2007, 09:23 PM
tashspop

its basically a standard 3 channel reciever. you only use 2 because you're using it in an electric car. if you where running in something like a tmaxx with reverse then the esc would be for the throtle servo, steering would go there and aux would be for the servo that shifts the trans to reverse. also nitro cars batts plug straight into the esc after passing the on/off switch. somebody correct me if i listed anything wrong(having some shiner bock on my day off work).
Old 01-10-2007, 09:29 PM
tashspop

honestly i believe there isn't really a need to. with my setup, i an simply amazed that the car is holding together as is. bl power is simply unbelievible when compaired to the stock motors these cars where built to handle. i'm running a 300watt wraith 7k motor on 2cell lipo and its just sick. one day i'll venture into 3cell. i can make the car look like somebody ran up and did a foot ball kick off with it almost from a stand still with its violent flipping over. also i can still pull the front up and over from speeds fast than stock. i really don't think dual bl motor's torque would be usible in any way shape or form. even if its a full aluminum optioned car.
ORIGINAL: any-name-will-do-4-me

What is limiting someone from running dual brushless motors, aside from money?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:17 AM
tjarr001

yea the only reason i can think to use dual bl is just for looks, maybe if your puttin your rc car in some rc car show or something lol. whick im sure has been done.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:25 AM
CUSTOM0

ORIGINAL: CrunkRida

last but not least the RC18T alloy dogbones don't fit! [>:]

those dogbones better work!
-Ive already orderd them
-i torqued a few dogbones in half with the dual motor upgrade
-i dont know where to buy replacement propulse dogbones
will xmod spings cut down work as the rc18t springs? I've tried the springs in the diff and they fit just fine.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:33 AM
tjarr001

i herd to use rubber fuel line that is used on nitro cars and a spacer or whatever instead of springs and that works good from what i herd. how do you like the dual motor setup? i am seriously thinkin of gettin one. can you post a pic of what it looks like?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:59 PM
CUSTOM0

well, here is the current state:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.