Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Which brushless system for my RC18MT ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:46 AM
KRO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which brushless system for my RC18MT ?

Ok , so I am sick of my sons brushless Vendetta buggy kickin my but when we race and I want to do a brushless system too .

Whats the best for the money ? He is running a Mamba Comp X 8000Kv system and his buggy is REALLY fast !

Would the Mamba system be OK in this truck ? I want it to be JATO like in performance !

Which brushless system has the most torque ? This is the only thing I dont like about the Mamba system in my sons car , though the Vendetta is pretty heavy.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Which brushless system for my RC18MT ?

ORIGINAL: KRO

Ok , so I am sick of my sons brushless Vendetta buggy kickin my but when we race and I want to do a brushless system too .

Whats the best for the money ? He is running a Mamba Comp X 8000Kv system and his buggy is REALLY fast !

Would the Mamba system be OK in this truck ? I want it to be JATO like in performance !

Which brushless system has the most torque ? This is the only thing I dont like about the Mamba system in my sons car , though the Vendetta is pretty heavy.

hello neighbor... generally with the mamba the lower KV the more torque. but the question is what type of battiers do you run or plan to run? i dont recommend the highest KV setup for track racing because you will never get the full potential unless you have extremely long straight aways. personally if i were you i would go with a QUARk 33 with a mamba 5400kv since your on a track . goodluck!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:28 PM
DaveG55

I've got the Mamba Comp X 8kv in my RC18b and it IS fast. I use an 11.1v lipo and the little thing is nearly uncontroably fast. Back flips and spin outs are possable from 1/2 throttle. I tell ya, it really teaches you throtle control!! I don't race or anything, just play around, so I don't know if that info is helpful for you or not but I enjoy it.
One thing I really like about using the Mamba esc is the "castle link" system that allows you to connect the esc to your computer to set up the esc. It makes set up and changing batteries WAY easier than dealing with the controler to do it. WAY, WAY easier.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I've got the Mamba Comp X 8kv in my RC18b and it IS fast. I use an 11.1v lipo and the little thing is nearly uncontroably fast. Back flips and spin outs are possable from 1/2 throttle. I tell ya, it really teaches you throtle control!! I don't race or anything, just play around, so I don't know if that info is helpful for you or not but I enjoy it.
One thing I really like about using the Mamba esc is the "castle link" system that allows you to connect the esc to your computer to set up the esc. It makes set up and changing batteries WAY easier than dealing with the controler to do it. WAY, WAY easier.
yes the link is nice. but QUARK is a damn nice esc
Old 01-03-2007, 01:27 AM
clockwork1

Can you use a 11.1v lipo with a mamba esc. Oh and A mamba comp x pckg is wat i suggest. Gear it different ways to get your tork and speed. Go lipo if you can. like a 2 cell maybe.