Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Team VTX Truggy Review - Amateur version.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 07:47 PM
UNITED RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Team VTX Truggy Review - Amateur version.

Going to see if I can get one shipped and try it out....should be a large improvement over the .06 stocker.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:50 PM
-Inverted-

Jon can you check your Private Messages.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:18 PM
UNITED RC

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Jon can you check your Private Messages.
Yes..i think i MIGHT have 1, maybe 2. I will have to check. I assume you are putting them in your RC18t?

J
Old 01-07-2007, 10:27 PM
-Inverted-

Actually someone PM'd me asking what motor to put in his Mini-T and I reccomended the Krystal as I always do. But now that you mention it, it would look good in the 18t. Waiting for a certain chassis first though.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Dokioto

United RC (jon?) what servos are you planing to use for this? I would like to now because I will be upgrading the servos in my NEXT some time and I want to now of a pair that will fit and work good.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:38 PM
UNITED RC

ORIGINAL: Dokioto

United RC (jon?) what servos are you planing to use for this? I would like to now because I will be upgrading the servos in my NEXT some time and I want to now of a pair that will fit and work good.
United RC = Jon, yes.

I was looking at them today...and just buy eyeballing them...i THINK a 81mg might fit in. I have one in a box somewhere, so i will try to do some fitting tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Dokioto

Ok... Tell me how it goes.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Dokioto

Trinity Next stock servo SPECS: Length: .88" (22.45mm)
Width: .46" (11.75mm)
Height: .97" (24.6mm)
Weight: .35oz (10 grams)
Torq: 22 oz-in (1.60 kg-cm) @ 6V
Transit Speed: 0.12 seconds/60 degree @6V

Hitec HS-81MG Metal Gear Micro Servo SPECS:

Length: 29.8mm Weight: 12mm Height: 29.6mm (1.17" x 0.47" x 1.16" )
Transit: 0.11sec/60 deg (4.8V) 0.09sec/60 deg (6.0V)
Torque @ 4.8V: 2.6 kg-cm, (36.1 oz-in)
@ 6.0V: 3 kg-cm, (41.66 oz-in)
Weight: 19g (0.67oz.)

I don't know if it will fit....
Old 01-08-2007, 11:49 AM
UNITED RC

I think i found specs that will, but not sure how much of an upgrade it will be:

HiTec HS-56HB:

http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-56hb_sub-micro.html

Dimensions: 88" x 0.45"x 94" (23 x 12 x 24mm)

Torque: 16 oz-in.

Speed: 0.10 sec/60°
Old 01-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: UNITED RC

I think i found specs that will, but not sure how much of an upgrade it will be:

HiTec HS-56HB:

http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-56hb_sub-micro.html

Dimensions: 88" x 0.45"x 94" (23 x 12 x 24mm)

Torque: 16 oz-in.

Speed: 0.10 sec/60°

no the 81mg does not DIRECT fit the servos are sub micro like the rc18t etc... i allthough have made mine fit ,also i have swapped the radio box for the NEXT radio box...

OH i want to make a coment on the alloy as well. it comes very well prepped. sanded and polished unlike the vulcan my vulcan is not very smooth and u can see the die cut marks. which is common but it is very well prepped and polishe don the vtx..

Old 01-08-2007, 03:42 PM
UNITED RC

ORIGINAL: irlsh

no the 81mg does not DIRECT fit the servos are sub micro like the rc18t etc... i allthough have made mine fit ,also i have swapped the radio box for the NEXT radio box...

OH i want to make a coment on the alloy as well. it comes very well prepped. sanded and polished unlike the vulcan my vulcan is not very smooth and u can see the die cut marks. which is common but it is very well prepped and polishe don the vtx..
Irlsh,

Can you please share with me how you did this? Made the 81mg servo fit? I am dying to get a new servo installed.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:01 AM
stewtheman

Well, I took the plunge and ordered the VTX Truggy! I've been reading up on everything that's been said about it and it sounds great. Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried the .095 Trinity in the VTX yet? If it's a direct fit like it looks I may order that soon. What's the big deal about getting the Draked model over the Standard? The way I see it the Draked costs $54 more just to have Adam Drake personally touch it. Or is there something physically different about the two engines? Anyhow, those of you with the VTX please keep us updated on your progress (and irlish, I would also like to know how you mounted the 81MG).
Old 01-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Irlsh

Irlsh,

Can you please share with me how you did this? Made the 81mg servo fit? I am dying to get a new servo installed.

I'm sorry i ddint back sooner.. i didnt put the 81mg in my vtx yet i put it in the vulcan allthough its the same exact setup for steering you can still see it. also i used the NEXT radio box and reversed the server for throttle see pics below!

Old 01-13-2007, 03:58 PM
UNITED RC

I'm sorry i ddint back sooner.. i didnt put the 81mg in my vtx yet i put it in the vulcan allthough its the same exact setup for steering you can still see it. also i used the NEXT radio box and reversed the server for throttle see pics below!
Irlsh,

What benefit do you get when you reverse the throttle servo?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Irlsh

Irlsh,

What benefit do you get when you reverse the throttle servo?

Thanks
ABSOLUTLY NONE! lol but to use the NEXT / Vulcan radio box with the servo the regular way the wire wasnt long enough so i had to reverse it to make it work like how the next is etc...
Old 01-14-2007, 10:00 AM
UNITED RC

LOL.....thanks.

I was trying to figure that out.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:22 AM
stewtheman

So, does nobody know the difference between the Trinity Standard .095 and the Draked Edition? It seems like everyone I've read plans on getting the Draked but I can't see any significant difference. The whole reason I bought the VTX is because I hate paying for a name or status and as of now that's all the difference I can see between the two engines.

So, as soon as I get my truggy, what things should I check? I've read that I should check all screws and apply threadlock as necessary (does anyone know of the real problematic ones?). I also know of the recommendations to replace the radio box, but I'm not completely sure why. Is it primarily to get one that seals out dirt and moisture? The servos aren't the strongest, as often is the case with RTR's and beyond that I don't know of any other trouble spots. Is that it?
Old 01-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Irlsh

ORIGINAL: stewtheman

So, does nobody know the difference between the Trinity Standard .095 and the Draked Edition? It seems like everyone I've read plans on getting the Draked but I can't see any significant difference. The whole reason I bought the VTX is because I hate paying for a name or status and as of now that's all the difference I can see between the two engines.

So, as soon as I get my truggy, what things should I check? I've read that I should check all screws and apply threadlock as necessary (does anyone know of the real problematic ones?). I also know of the recommendations to replace the radio box, but I'm not completely sure why. Is it primarily to get one that seals out dirt and moisture? The servos aren't the strongest, as often is the case with RTR's and beyond that I don't know of any other trouble spots. Is that it?

i agree 100% with you about the names etc...

wish i knew the actual fatcs with the drake motor but i think thats another marketing plea as well having his "NAME" on it etc..

when you get your VTX truggy make sure you RE-TIGHTEN every screw that screws into alloy! with any RTR kits that is a problem.i noticed on mine the first thing to de-thread itself while driving was the bottom hub carrier screw that holds the hubs on for the front end.. other then that i re-tightened all the screws going into allot.. goodluck and let us know what ya think of it when you get it!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:01 AM
stewtheman

Thanks for the advice! I don't know if I'll feel the need to upgrade the engine but I want to be prepared anyway.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:51 PM
stewtheman

Well, I got the truggy today and I am very, VERY impressed! All that shiny aluminum is just beautiful, but the best part is that it just started right up. I was anticipating a little trouble with the engine but it has been perfect through the first four tanks in this 25 degree weather! I also noticed some play in the front wheels, but I haven't noticed any ill effects while driving it. I must say that this thing is very fast, and I haven't even been able to get it in second gear yet! How do you adjust that? I did have some trouble with the radio, but I was expecting that. I've already switched to my JR FM radio and it was even better. If you're thinking about this truggy, you need to get it!
Old 01-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Irlsh

ORIGINAL: stewtheman

Well, I got the truggy today and I am very, VERY impressed! All that shiny aluminum is just beautiful, but the best part is that it just started right up. I was anticipating a little trouble with the engine but it has been perfect through the first four tanks in this 25 degree weather! I also noticed some play in the front wheels, but I haven't noticed any ill effects while driving it. I must say that this thing is very fast, and I haven't even been able to get it in second gear yet! How do you adjust that? I did have some trouble with the radio, but I was expecting that. I've already switched to my JR FM radio and it was even better. If you're thinking about this truggy, you need to get it!

congrats yes it is so much eye candy when you open and see all the nicely polished parts. the wheel play is commone for all the 1/16 buggies with alloy NOT just yours etc.. as far as the 2 speed im convinced they set all the 2 speed from factory to shift VERY high because there were reports in the past of people stripping the gear in dirt when shifting allthough i havnt done so... you can go to www.teamvtx.com register and read info on the forum and get the how to for the 2 speed and other stuff!! yes mine started right up as well i love it still NO leaks etc
Old 01-17-2007, 03:32 PM
stewtheman

So irlsh, are you saying that you have adjusted yours to shift properly and that you haven't stripped anything yet? I figured out how to get it to shift and it works great! However, I broke my first part today, although I hesitate to call the body mounts "parts". Anyhow, that got me wondering if there are any aluminum body mounts available. I haven't found any but has anyone else? Also, Tower has a NEXT aluminum front bumper scheduled for release early February. Does anyone know of any of those in stock right now?
Old 01-17-2007, 08:10 PM
jag09

how does the mini engine hold a tune? because i want to get one but ive had bad experiences with my other nitro truck(jato). is that the lsn or hsn the sticks up through the body?
Old 01-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Werk-It

The Hsn sticks up.

Just wanted to pop my head in and say that I've only heard good things about these trucks. Man do they look sweet! Plus a 2-speed... AND a sweet price?? Done deal.

I reeally regret not making an impulse purchase a few months back when I saw these in person at my LHS!

Old 01-17-2007, 10:16 PM
jag09

man i cant wait to sell my jato. i figured out which mini nitro i want now time to figure out wheter i want a mini-lst or rc18mt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.