Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

WLTOYS 144001 LED port plug ESC

Old 07-18-2020, 01:07 PM
sigfla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WLTOYS 144001 LED port plug ESC

I bought 2 of these for the kids to use. They are amazing and super fast in brushed configuration with a 2s lipo. The ESC however sucks compared to a nice programmable one and you are stuck with the factory radio unless you upgrade. If you go that route its a new ESC, steering servo, and at that point you might as well go brushless (which may require a new adjustable motor mount). In all honesty I didn't want to go that route just to be able to use a nice radio with more features. The car works fine as it is for a very fast $90 basher.

The only issue I found with the buggy was that it generates a ton of heat. The body in stock form was melting in certain spots due to the heat. There isn't much room inside to mount a fan or anything else. My solution was to buy a 550 motor heatsink with fan and use the LED port on the ESC to power it. The fan needed to be removed from the motor heat sink bc it won't fit with the body on. I relocated it to behind the battery standing up so it fans across the top of the battery pack and is held in place by the velcro strap. I used a JST 1.25mm 2 Pin Micro Male Female Connector Plug I bought off amazon with wires attached that I spliced into the fan power wires. When the ESC is on the fan spins. The heat sink is just snapped onto the motor.

After a full pack of bashing at full throttle the car under plate was too hot to touch before. Now I can touch the car no problem as well as the top of the ESC and the motor. Huge difference in heat level.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:09 PM
alanmcleanXxX

Wow I also want such toys
Old 12-17-2020, 05:57 PM
tkJohn

Maybe you can add a fan
Old 01-22-2021, 02:13 AM
tkJohn

it is good as a toy
Old 05-01-2021, 09:47 AM
krasidm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello!
Just one suggestion, I have a Wltoys A979-A upgraded to A979-B version.
Some of the metal parts (aluminium) are not strong enough as the original plastic.
Think twice before any changes!
The following users liked this post:
zustzukies (03-07-2022)
Old 12-19-2021, 04:17 AM
Decock

Default How much volt

How many volts is the led port?