1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL VENDETTA THREAD!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 12:11 PM
jaejw1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: OFFICIAL VENDETTA THREAD!!!!!!!!!

all parts are the same... anderson makes the car.. you can buy the duratrax steel cvd's instead since they come with steel outdrives that is if you plan on keepping the gear diffs..

i prefer the ball diffs.. in which i would buy the durtrax ball diffs and then buy the atomic steel cvd's...

and if you want to be more of a racer on a dirt track,,, invest in the half8th adapters and a set of half8th proline wheels and crime fighter tires.. these are much better than the stock wheels..
Old 02-03-2007, 02:37 PM
airshot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just a quick not to all the Vendetta owners out there, I just recieved mine and not had the chance to race yet, just found a local track and went last nite to see how it was done.. a number of vandetta owners were there, and were doing well I might add. One particular fellow chose to run his stock vendetta in the modified class with amazing results. The modified cars could just barely catch him on the long straits but could not get passed him on the short ones, his driving ability won him the race but that stock vendetta gave all those modifieds a real run for their money!!

Airshot
Old 02-03-2007, 02:48 PM
FlyinGN

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

very cool airshot..

Tire/wheel question..

What wheels out there will fit the detta ?? anyone have any links to site ??? Whats the best place for tires too?
Old 02-03-2007, 03:16 PM
jaejw1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jaejw1

and if you want to be more of a racer on a dirt track,,, invest in the half8th adapters and a set of half8th proline wheels and crime fighter tires.. these are much better than the stock wheels..
rcmart.com has the adapters while towers has the wheels/tires
Old 02-03-2007, 03:19 PM
jaejw1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: airshot

Just a quick not to all the Vendetta owners out there, I just recieved mine and not had the chance to race yet, just found a local track and went last nite to see how it was done.. a number of vandetta owners were there, and were doing well I might add. One particular fellow chose to run his stock vendetta in the modified class with amazing results. The modified cars could just barely catch him on the long straits but could not get passed him on the short ones, his driving ability won him the race but that stock vendetta gave all those modifieds a real run for their money!!

Airshot
he ran a stock detta against mod dettas and won.. hmmm what kind of track is this.. i know for sure that my stock detta was about as fast as a stock 10th scale truck.. but with it modded i FLY past them on the straights,,,, thos guys must have been terrible drivers,, or he is just a god with the detta..
Old 02-03-2007, 03:57 PM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How do you find anything on that site? What would I search for "Vendetta= half8th, half8th=proline adapters"? Or what? I am still not clear on what parts to order. Anderson, Yokomo, ???
Ron
Old 02-03-2007, 04:18 PM
airshot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just to clear up the confusion, the stock vendetta was the only vendetta in that race, the other modifieds were of different brands, that is what made it so neat !!!

Airshot
Old 02-03-2007, 08:35 PM
jaejw1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just to clear up the confusion, the stock vendetta was the only vendetta in that race, the other modifieds were of different brands, that is what made it so neat !!!

Airshot
oh,ok, now that makes a lot of sense...lol
Old 02-03-2007, 10:02 PM
darindotson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 4 stroken ron

How do you find anything on that site? What would I search for "Vendetta= half8th, half8th=proline adapters"? Or what? I am still not clear on what parts to order. Anderson, Yokomo, ???
Ron
The Vendetta is the same as the Anderson MB-4. Just go to Micro RC, and click on the Anderson MB-4 hop-ups- you'll find everything you need there, including the half-8 adapters.

Note that any touring car wheel with a 12mm hex will fit the stock Vendetta hexes, so your choice of wheels is limitless. But for track racing, I would go with the smaller diameter Kyosho half-8 rims and tires.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:22 PM
4 stroken ron

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What size are the half-8 hexes?
Ron
Old 02-03-2007, 10:49 PM
jaejw1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

8.4mm .. http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=21720

or the plastics http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=19788
Old 02-04-2007, 12:36 AM
4 stroken ron

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jay: What type of hubs, axles, adapters, conversion, whatever, do you use that allows you to hold your front wheels on with a lock nut. I don't like the screws on the stock setups. I saw your avatar picture on other sites.
Ron
Old 02-04-2007, 05:24 AM
eamedia

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

if your racing ball diffs are a must... mini inferno crime fighters are ok with brushless... but with the vr3 i prefer the stock tires and wheels, the h8's are too big. i think the stocks look much better too

and im not suprised about that guy winning a mod race with a stock vendetta... my vr3 vendetta is much faster on the track than my mamba rc18b. the vendetta is by far the best handling and funnest buggy ive ever driven
Old 02-04-2007, 08:44 AM
StewPedaso

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 4 stroken ron

ORIGINAL: StewPedaso

Here is a couple shots of mine.

Carpet racer.

It has changed a little since the photos, but not much.

Stew

Stew, Looks good: I run mine on a carpet oval. Love it. That looks like a lock nut holding the front wheel on. What's up with that?
Thanks
Ron
Hey Ron,

Sorry for the long dely.

http://www.one18th.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34197

Stew
Old 02-04-2007, 02:23 PM
jaejw1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i used the same concept but i was using the alum and steel cvd's.. so i had to glue a 2.5mm screw inside and cut off the head with a dremel.. i havent dont this since i have all new cvd's.. i just use a lil loctite and use regular hex head screws..
Old 02-04-2007, 05:34 PM
airshot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just converted my vendetta to locknuts on the wheels, here is what I did... Hit your local hobby and pick up some #4-40 threaded rod, I paid one dollar for a 6" long piece. Also pick up a couple packets of 4-40 nylok nuts..$1.49 for four and a packet of nylon washers for a 4-40 thread. Hit your local ACE hdwe or hobby shop and get a 4-40 threading tap...$ 2.99.. Pull the wheels off and the axles, I am still using the plastic factory units, and tap the hole the wood screw went in about 3/8" then thread the 4-40 rod into the stub with a little dab of blue loctite. Measure 5/16" of thread to hang out and cut with dremel tool. Be sure to put a slight radius/chamfer on cut end of thread. Put the axle back in, it will fit the bearing much better as it has now expanded slightly, mount the hex, a plastic washer then the locknut. I have found the wheels run more true this way and I feel more confident they won't come off.
On the stock wheels you will have to open up the hole slightly to accomodate the 4-40 thread, but the aftermarket wheels already have a slightly larger hole. Not only is it a more positive mount, it really looks sharp !!

Airshot
Old 02-06-2007, 08:29 PM
XTMer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My dtx 1200 pack seriously over-heated. All they covering came off and all the cells look bare. None vented and the pack reads 7.7 volts so do you think they should be fine? It shouldn't harm the esc to try right?
Old 02-06-2007, 08:36 PM
darindotson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just converted my vendetta to locknuts on the wheels, here is what I did... Hit your local hobby and pick up some #4-40 threaded rod, I paid one dollar for a 6" long piece. Also pick up a couple packets of 4-40 nylok nuts..$1.49 for four and a packet of nylon washers for a 4-40 thread. Hit your local ACE hdwe or hobby shop and get a 4-40 threading tap...$ 2.99.. Pull the wheels off and the axles, I am still using the plastic factory units, and tap the hole the wood screw went in about 3/8" then thread the 4-40 rod into the stub with a little dab of blue loctite. Measure 5/16" of thread to hang out and cut with dremel tool. Be sure to put a slight radius/chamfer on cut end of thread. Put the axle back in, it will fit the bearing much better as it has now expanded slightly, mount the hex, a plastic washer then the locknut. I have found the wheels run more true this way and I feel more confident they won't come off.
On the stock wheels you will have to open up the hole slightly to accomodate the 4-40 thread, but the aftermarket wheels already have a slightly larger hole. Not only is it a more positive mount, it really looks sharp !!

Airshot
Excellent mod, and thanks for posting. I know you use the plastic outdrives- mine are hardened steel. I think I'll have to use Jaejw's method with the 2.5 mm screw- there's a nice thread on it on 1/18th.com.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:45 PM
StewPedaso

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Put my electronics all on the other side to give a better balance and lower COG. Need a bit of Velcro or something to hold the battery down. Might do some serious cutting to the battery strap.

Stew
Old 02-07-2007, 08:27 PM
junebug48
My Feedback: (138)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[8D]hi budie,s . StewPedaso look,s clean like that i like it . thank,s .
Old 02-11-2007, 12:48 AM
XTMer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I got a VR3 motor today It is working good but I can't really tell a difference. I am running everything else stock. Will timing the motor give me worse low end and run times and a hotter motor? It also seems like this motor has slightly less bottom end compared to stock. I am running an ib1200 pack. I guess it can't be too much better for 3 more bucks right?
Old 02-11-2007, 01:17 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here are a couple of pics of my new Vendetta. It has the hubs so I can run the Mini Inferno wheels................................

Old 02-11-2007, 07:29 AM
jaejw1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

what are you running on? and where?,,,what is your set up?
Old 02-16-2007, 10:01 PM
junebug48
My Feedback: (138)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[8D]hi budie's . t9dragon what part's did you get to make the mini inferno tire's and rim's to fit and how do's it handle with those tire's on it ? thank's budie's .
Old 02-16-2007, 10:33 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: junebug48

[8D]hi budie's . t9dragon what part's did you get to make the mini inferno tire's and rim's to fit and how do's it handle with those tire's on it ? thank's budie's .
Here is a link to the hub adapters http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_..._name=VENDETTA

I haven't had a chance to run it, due to the rain.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service