Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Driven Productions RC18 Chassis: Updated Info

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Driven Productions RC18 Chassis: Updated Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 06:08 PM
-Inverted-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Driven Productions RC18 Chassis: Updated Info

Delrin is available in white or black.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:08 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Gex_61

Well, I know the toyz has great shipping. I just ordered some stuff and it was here in 3-4 days.

Delrin is white in color, right? I am curious to see how much it will be. I already have a DP gear cover and I havn't had any trouble with the stock chassis so I probably wont get it. I would like to have the stronger arms and wing mounts eventually. If they are sold seperatly.
thetoyz.com carries the DP delrin widetrack conversion arms for the 18T. I believe they are $20 for all four arms.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:09 AM
fhm555

Not to put too fine a point on it, but all you folks complaining about what DP is doing, show us pics of the hopups and chassis packages YOU are producing.

I've only used the rc18 drag link from DP, but it was a simple, well thought out, effective solution to a serious issue with the 18. The quality, fit, and finish of the part were all top drawer and I had zero issues with getting one from them. In the end I sold my rc18 because of the excess flex and the lack of a viable solution for a dirt racing application.

If DP was not a standup company who's goal was to produce a solid performing, bug free product, we would already have a delrin chassis from them. We could then be the people paying to do the remaining r & d and field testing on their products for them. Sadly, this seems to be the rule rather than the exception these days in the r/c aftermarket. Far too many makers produce shoddy junk with no thought toward anything but rushing something to market. They know we have low impulse control and will buy something just because it's touted as the "latest and greatest" thing for our cars. We waste a few bucks on a worthless part, then have to spend a few more bucks to replace the replacement part which turned out to be more hype than function, and the original hack makers still pocket our cash.

I've got no problem waiting for something really good. When DP gets all the I's dotted and the T's crossed, they will release their package.

For those of you who can't wait for a quality item from DP, there's plenty of delrin slabs for sale out there, why not pick one up and carve your own chassis?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Mini_Me

I notice the chassis has neither the standard steering system mold nor a two point (like Pro-pulse) holes. Is it using a center bellcrank like the xray m18t? Im sure my friend who runs a rc18 would be interested.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:43 PM
-Inverted-

ORIGINAL: fhm555

Not to put too fine a point on it, but all you folks complaining about what DP is doing, show us pics of the hopups and chassis packages YOU are producing.

I've only used the rc18 drag link from DP, but it was a simple, well thought out, effective solution to a serious issue with the 18. The quality, fit, and finish of the part were all top drawer and I had zero issues with getting one from them. In the end I sold my rc18 because of the excess flex and the lack of a viable solution for a dirt racing application.

If DP was not a standup company who's goal was to produce a solid performing, bug free product, we would already have a delrin chassis from them. We could then be the people paying to do the remaining r & d and field testing on their products for them. Sadly, this seems to be the rule rather than the exception these days in the r/c aftermarket. Far too many makers produce shoddy junk with no thought toward anything but rushing something to market. They know we have low impulse control and will buy something just because it's touted as the "latest and greatest" thing for our cars. We waste a few bucks on a worthless part, then have to spend a few more bucks to replace the replacement part which turned out to be more hype than function, and the original hack makers still pocket our cash.

I've got no problem waiting for something really good. When DP gets all the I's dotted and the T's crossed, they will release their package.

For those of you who can't wait for a quality item from DP, there's plenty of delrin slabs for sale out there, why not pick one up and carve your own chassis?
Fantastic post. I couldn't agree more with your quote of companies rushing products so us consumers will buy them because it is new.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:52 PM
t9dragon

I would have to say by Inverted saying something about the DP RC18 Chassis before it is ready to hit the market is wrong. I have know about this for about 6 weeks and gave my word that I would not post anything on the forums about it until it was ready to go....................
Old 02-20-2007, 07:06 PM
-Inverted-

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

I would have to say by Inverted saying something about the DP RC18 Chassis before it is ready to hit the market is wrong. I have know about this for about 6 weeks and gave my word that I would not post anything on the forums about it until it was ready to go....................
Well I am sorry you have known about it for 6 weeks, but the President of the company gave me word to let everybody know about the chassis being canceled. Also, who told you about it if you have known for so long, this update is all VERY recent. Are you sure you aren't confusing the chassis with the roller?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:15 PM
DrivenProductions

Alot of people have been very disapointed in us not releasing something sooner.
For that we are apoligetic. However one thing is for sure we do not want to just put out anything.
We want to put out quality parts we can be proud to run on our own cars.
If we make a mistake or something we produce is bad we try our best to fix it.

Inverted asked about the chassis info because he noticed alot of people saying harsh comments about us as a company.
I appricate him helping to get some info out to help our company's image and how we are veiwed as a aftermarket company.

I really enjoy the hobby and wanted to be a part and hope to have DP grow into a trusted company that people reconize for quality parts.

No harm no foul on inverted passing on info I have told him about the chassis with the knowledge he would post it.
We will keep burning the late night hours and get this chassis wraped up as fast as possible as long as quality is not sacraficed.

kind regards

Javier
President
DrivenProductions

Old 02-20-2007, 10:41 PM
t9dragon

Have you ever thought about making the widetrack arms for the Mini-T.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:24 PM
DrivenProductions

Definalty could be a possiblity in the future.
We got a full plate right now getting this roller off the ground.
But doing arms for the mini-t would be a good project.
Well keep it in mind.

We always appricate product sugestions for 18th scale cars.

Team DP
Old 02-21-2007, 03:26 PM
t9dragon

Here are a couple pics of my Mini-T. And you can see why I would like longer arms.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:31 PM
nitroracer20

you guys gotta lay off. Quit the *****in and let the guy do his thing. This is gonna be a one of a kind chassis that as far as I know, no one comes close to in quality. The amount of features in this chassis is amazing and is surely going to be killer, as long as you let him finish the damn thing
Old 02-22-2007, 12:39 AM
NiCad

Javier,

I have seen your name and company put down for this chassis deal on a few sites. I think it total BS. You have responded with much respect. Very admirable. I have your drag link and must say the quality was superb. Not to mention the ingenious design for fixing a major steering flaw in the RC18.

As for the new design, I am impressed and did not expect such a great and elaborate idea on the chassis. Especially after all the negativity thrown at you over the original idea.

I want to be in line for one of these when you get them ready.

best of luck,
NiCad
Old 02-22-2007, 01:35 AM
DrivenProductions

NiCad,

Thanks bro for the kind words they mean alot.

Javier
Old 02-26-2007, 10:09 PM
BRP00

Javier
Any idea of when another run of the draglinks will be produced?
the Toyz are out of stock. Quality product but I need a couple more.

Thanks Andy
Old 02-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Big Green Machine

The DP drag link is awesome. I bet the chassis will be the same.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:10 AM
xjbebop

I'm interested too...
Old 03-08-2007, 01:21 AM
lilfranco

cant wait to see some pictures of this chassis and all the extras it comes with. i wonder how much it will be for the rolling chassis. hope its not too much, but all of dp's products are priced very fair, so i think they will do the same with this product. hmmmm

how much?
Old 04-07-2007, 08:39 PM
miniman007

I checked Driven Pro's website and couldnt find anymore details on the new roller. They must be busy with getting the setup ready for the RC Madness event.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:55 AM
raptornut
My Feedback: (20)

You guys need to give DP Productions a chance, At least they are keeping you up to date on the progress and getting any issues worked out before they market it. I would rather wait and be kept informed rather than all the trouble I went through with the MLST. Building the MLST 2 just proved they rushed out a new truck cause the first one was crap, I'm sure Javier don't want to be embarresed like Losi. they will probably eat a lot of MLST 2's all of us with the original MLST will just buy the better parts for the MLST 2
Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Myhre
My Feedback: (3)

Any update?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Mz

can you just sell the chassis unit alone w/o the a-arms, wing mount, and hexes? would the stock a-arms fit?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:12 PM
bb2120

BUMP... any estimates on a release date?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:12 AM
fugadude

thetoyz.com rocks good choice.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:08 PM
savagedan89

i dont know why people bash on dp its a great company thats trying to fix people problems with quality and for the sake of the hobby i have their drag link and is superb at what it dose now for the people who are complaing why don't you get your lazy butts and try to come up with something that wont have flaws and have just as much quality as dp ok so keep you negative engery from this fourm and put it somewhere else

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.