Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

how bad is water to an ESC and Brushless???

Old 03-21-2007, 08:09 PM
mikemcnair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how bad is water to an ESC and Brushless???

ok, i have to make a new thread of this, since i am freaking out..........

my PP with the CBP brushless just hit water!!!!! am i totally fecked??????

when i plug the battery in i can turn the wheels, but the throttle and reverse do nothing. how bad is the conition i am in?

what other info can i provide you to help you help me??????????

PS, my flame suit is on.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:17 PM
mxracer154

Default RE: how bad is water to an ESC and Brushless???

hmmm...i dont know what your problem is, i ran a mamba brushless in water no problem i also ran my bruhsed in water no problem....check your connections and all and make sure nothing is loose as i have heard brushless motor can handle water
Old 03-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Chiman2

brushed motors are water proof and i know the mambas are "waterproof" but your bl motor and esc im not sure off. have u tried using a blow dryer
Old 03-21-2007, 09:47 PM
minitman
My Feedback: (1)

ok, how is a mamba waterproof? the esc will fry.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Chiman2

pshh. http://www.rcbros.com/reviews/cc/Mreview.wmv if that doesnt prove it to you. nothing will
Old 03-21-2007, 10:12 PM
mikemcnair

ORIGINAL: Chiman2

brushed motors are water proof and i know the mambas are "waterproof" but your bl motor and esc im not sure off. have u tried using a blow dryer

yes, i have. in fact, i saw some corrosion almost instantly, and i cleaned it with a nice nylon brush and nice cleaner. i got the car running again, but now it is full of interferance!!! it is freaking out! it will move, but is cogging SO bad, and it has a mind of it's own with the steering.......

i am at my witt's end.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:26 PM
MaximuM*AltitudE

Water and ESCs is bad, they don't mix at all. Waterproof ones, yes, but still electronics and water do not mix. EVER. I wouldn't be surprised if you fried that Mamba, the ESC is the farthest it could be from waterproof. It's wrapped like and airplane ESC, pshhh. I'd say let it dry out for a few days and give it another go, but you probably fried it.

I seriously doubt anyone drove a Mamba in water and had no problems. It will eventually screw it up.

Never drive electrics in water! Even Nitro cars, servos can get wet, I've done it. Anything can break once water is involved.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:35 PM
-Inverted-

esc is trashed.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:21 AM
mirage-twin

was the reciver hit with water too? if so thats most likely your problem.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:00 AM
damaged123

how the hell does your esc get trashed when that guy can put it in water for 30 minutes put it back in a car and perform well....
Old 03-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Needrcspeed

Ok, first of all...your original post states that you have the CBP brushless. Are you referring to the motor and ESC or just the motor? If both of them are from CBP, contact them and see if they are able to offer any assistance...they are very good to work with.

If you have the Mamba ESC, contact Castle Creations. I have contacted them directly to inquire about running my ESC and 6800 motors in water. They specifically told me that they are waterproof. Basically, the tech at CC informed me that they coat the entire ESC with a clear spray that completely seals it before adding the clear shrink wrap.

Hope this helps...
Old 03-22-2007, 09:17 AM
mikemcnair

it may very well have been hit as well. it is tough to say. the car hit the puddle, and stopped immediately. i am going to europe for a week for work, and will retry the car once i get back. i hope that ammount of time will allow it to dry out.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:19 AM
mikemcnair

ORIGINAL: Needrcspeed

Ok, first of all...your original post states that you have the CBP brushless. Are you referring to the motor and ESC or just the motor? If both of them are from CBP, contact them and see if they are able to offer any assistance...they are very good to work with.

If you have the Mamba ESC, contact Castle Creations. I have contacted them directly to inquire about running my ESC and 6800 motors in water. They specifically told me that they are waterproof. Basically, the tech at CC informed me that they coat the entire ESC with a clear spray that completely seals it before adding the clear shrink wrap.

Hope this helps...

i have the ESC and MOTOR from Cheap Battery Packs, and i have tried to contact them 7 times, via email and voice mail, to no avail. i wish i could get a hold of them, but no luck. [:@]
Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Needrcspeed

ORIGINAL: mikemcnair

ORIGINAL: Needrcspeed

Hope this helps...

i have the ESC and MOTOR from Cheap Battery Packs, and i have tried to contact them 7 times, via email and voice mail, to no avail. i wish i could get a hold of them, but no luck. [:@]
Mikemcnair...you have pm.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:38 PM
mikemcnair

ok, i came home early to work on this dam car before i leave for austria tomorrow. and it may actually be ok. i will update in a little bit.