Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

New to RC..well sort of..

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:18 PM
thenineteenth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC..well sort of..

Around 2 years ago when I was in Grade 6, I was involved in a mentorship program and my mentor introduced me to RC racing. Together, we built a Micro RS4, and I learned lots of things about RC cars. I haven't played with RC cars ever since, and I want to get into it since it is really fun, but I have not gotten the chance to race or anything. What should I do to have some fun with this? Upgrade my original RS4? Build something new?
I raced once during the mentorship program with some of my mentor's friends, and I had a ton of fun. Anyway, I'm just looking for things to get me into RC racing.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 04-26-2007, 10:09 PM
savycharlie

Default RE: New to RC..well sort of..

Well wut kind of car or truck do u have in mind? A nitro pwered but they are fast and hard to start off with and they are like $400 - $500. Now theres electric rc cars that are easy to drive and they are around $150 - $200 depends on the kind u get. And there is a mini t that is made by team losi that is easy to drive which is $100. But also made by team losi there is a micro t, it is $80 dollars. Most of those cars i listed are good. The nitro powered involve alot of work and very technichal to drive and work on. I dont know how much they are in Canada. But if i were u i would start off with a team losi mini baja which is $150. The electronics are better on the mini baja then the mini t. they are made by the same company team losi. And i think they go about 15mph.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:19 PM
thenineteenth

I don't think I should buy a new RC, since I'm sorta low on cash. Maybe upgrading my stock Micro RS4? Lemme post my current setup...it's pretty cheap.

Controller: Futaba T2PHKA
ESC: Futaba MC230CR
Receiver: Futaba FP-R122JE
Servo: Ofna SX-001
Everything else original.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Nasher

I say just keep going with the RS4 unles parts are screce. I recomend that this weekend go to your hobby shop see what they support and go with that.

Nasher
Old 04-27-2007, 02:37 PM
davenraithatha

I just bought a micro rs4 to upgrade to brushless, have you considered this? I hear with a c4 9200kv they will go 65-75mph!!
Old 04-27-2007, 03:16 PM
nbk

I've got an idea
[link=http://aktionrc.com]:][/link]