Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

new Mini Baja servo glitching

Old 06-07-2007, 01:49 AM
jedijingle
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Mini Baja servo glitching

Hello new to the mini cars here, I bought one for my son (3years old) lol and I notice that the servo never stays centered and keeps hunting around the neutral position and occasionally moving off neural like a glitch. I have checked the Tx with a new one and the RX with a new one at my LHS, but still not luck resolving this. I even unpluged the ESC and powered ther Rx up with a seperate pack and it still moves around and hunts. I took it to the hobby shop where I got it and a new car out the box was doing a similar thing, make lots of noise near neutral. Is this normal or sould I send it back to horrizon. None of my planes or helis do this. Mind you my 3 year old will not want to wait the time it takes to get it back from sending it in, so im looking for a solution. Thanks for any input. john
Old 06-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Nasher

Default RE: new Mini Baja servo glitching

It's because they put extra money into it for the radio but forgot to put a better servo in. They're all like that.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:22 AM
phorensic

I disagree. It's not the servo, it's the Rx/Tx. Get a better radio setup. I went with a Futaba 2PH. Cheapest of the cheap and it solved my servo twitching problems immediately. After I put in a much strong servo (Hitec HS-81MG), it had so much torque and speed that the wheels were SERIOUSLY twitching back and forth to the point that it would drain a 2s 1320mah lipo in less than 5 minutes!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:30 AM
jedijingle

Its nice to hear that they are all like that, but it still does not mean it is correct. Sounds like a problem that Losi needs to address and fix. I agree a new radio would fix the problem but I like the 6 channel selectable feature. I called horizon and they said to send in the speed controller. That was before I checked it out and put in a reg Rx pack with the speed controller off the system and the problem still exsited. I think I will be call them again. Thanks guys for your inputs
Old 06-11-2007, 03:07 PM
jedijingle

Still having some issues, anybody else having their steering servo pulsing all the time.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

Yeah, my servo used to twitch all the time. I switched to a better quality FM radio, and while it reduced the glitching considerably, it still didn't stop altogether.
Actually it did stop twitching yesterday, but that's only cause the cheap thing died completely. Going to find a better quality replacement for it now.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:42 PM
CARCOH

jedijingle,

I just picked up a mini-baja on friday for my 4-year old and he has actually suprised me with how well he does with it (he's much better at resisting the full throttle temptation than I am)...our servo twitches a bit also but I switched batteries in the radio (the cheapies it comes with aren't worth anything) and while it still does it a little its no where near as bad as it was out of the box...I notice it most now on smooth floors, like kitchen tile or bathroom linoleum...carpet, concrete, and grass...no twitch...
Old 06-12-2007, 01:59 PM
jedijingle

Guys Thanks for the insite. I spoke with Horrizon today and Will be sending it back in (on their dime and my request) it is BS for them not to take care of this. In working with my LHS on this we tried new everything out of another car and the new car even did the same thing. I have tried new controler batteries also, no help. I agree and have concluded that it is an rx tx problem (junk quality), but it is still not right and we as the consumer should not have to put up with this. If 4 other manufactures can get it right................. so can losi. My 3 year old, will be bummed out about not having his car, but this needs to be resolved. The shocks are leaking also, mind you there is only about 1-2 hours run time on the car on smooth surfaces, so I went to put more oil in them and one of the e-clips for the plunger was missing. So far the quality is not worth the money for what you get. As far as my son is concered we loves it and the beauty is I can repair it, which is why I bought it.

Enjoy guys have fun and lets not put up with substandard quality. Bombard the tech-no-help line with your calls.

I will keep you up dated. John

Carcoh, I took a piece of balsa and taped, little governer stops in place for foreward and reverse, and taped the trim tabs in place. A little self control for the little ones, helps them get the concept of driving down.