Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Please Post Brushless Vendettas!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:08 PM
irockdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please Post Brushless Vendettas!

does any one have an antanea other than the stock one on there dettas? becuz i have a dubro 69 cent one thatis obviously to big and it keeps poping out every time i flip over to do a jump. also, what is the length of the stock antanea, mabey mines to long? mine now is about a foot.[&:]
Old 10-15-2007, 10:52 PM
toyotanos

I used a length of zip-tie fastened onto the wing support, coming up out the front. Works great! I know its cheapish, but I'm into functionality, not beauty.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:56 PM
irockdude

i'll just order some stock antennas, only $1.79ish for 5 with caps. next time i go i'm gonna order abour $60 in replacement parts and another battery,so i dont have to go to the shop every week.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:35 AM
HPIFreak

i just ordered my Vendetta ST and its shipping today. ETA is this thursday. along with it, i ordered adjestable Tie rods and aluminum shock bushings. i plan on racing it on 1/8 scale size tracks ( home track www.medinarcraceway.com ) so what brushless setup should i get? and what gearing? whats the stock gearing that i am going to get? i have been reading lots of posts in this thread and it seems like the permax is the way to go? is that the fastest? whats wrong with the mamba 6800Kv? are there some more aggresive tires avalible for hard packed clay? what about adding lead weights? sorry for so many questions, but i want this little truck to handle really good and go really fast (keep up with 1/10 brushless buggies if possible)
Old 10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: HPIFreak

i just ordered my Vendetta ST and its shipping today. ETA is this thursday. along with it, i ordered adjestable Tie rods and aluminum shock bushings. i plan on racing it on 1/8 scale size tracks ( home track www.medinarcraceway.com ) so what brushless setup should i get? and what gearing? whats the stock gearing that i am going to get? i have been reading lots of posts in this thread and it seems like the permax is the way to go? is that the fastest? whats wrong with the mamba 6800Kv? are there some more aggresive tires avalible for hard packed clay? what about adding lead weights? sorry for so many questions, but i want this little truck to handle really good and go really fast (keep up with 1/10 brushless buggies if possible)
a lot of your questions can be answered in the brushless thread in my signature..

for 8th scale size tracks,, use the permax.. geared at 21/45 also look at my tire thread and it will explain the different tires i use and tested for arious surfaces,,
here is my video on a 8th scale track,, http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...66156303&hl=en

Old 10-22-2007, 04:17 PM
HPIFreak

i couldnt find your tire thread, but nice video! i heard the announcer say "theres the mini over the back jump with NO problems" is there a part number for the permax motor? i want the 3.2mm shaft right? and a robinson racing pinion? is it 48 pitch? and will my vendetta come with a 45T spur? what ESC do you use with the Permax motor? what shock oils do you use for these minis? like 25wt and 30wt? should i get the sway bars? and one more question, can you put oil in the diffs or are they not sealed good enough?

am i getting annoying yet? [:-] its just that i am having a hard time finding the answers to these questions.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: HPIFreak

i couldnt find your tire thread, but nice video! i heard the announcer say "theres the mini over the back jump with NO problems" is there a part number for the permax motor? i want the 3.2mm shaft right? and a robinson racing pinion? is it 48 pitch? and will my vendetta come with a 45T spur? what ESC do you use with the Permax motor? what shock oils do you use for these minis? like 25wt and 30wt? should i get the sway bars? and one more question, can you put oil in the diffs or are they not sealed good enough?

am i getting annoying yet? [:-] its just that i am having a hard time finding the answers to these questions.
tire review http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6000527/t
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNGX1&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...+racing+metric

it comes stock with a 45t spur gear..
after you do the shock mod.. ,, removing everything,, and spray with electric motor cleaner,, and plug 3 of the 4 holes on the shock piston.... this will allow you to use regular weight with no problems,, i use 45wt in the rear and 40wt in the front

i use the mamba esc,, and i like it
Old 10-22-2007, 06:35 PM
walkingcarpet900

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey jae well my esc just burned out
i was using the dynamite mini tazer esc and the ammo 3900 geared at 19/41
it says that the maximum current is 25amps and since the mamba is called mamba 25
i would think that it would handle the motor fine since you used your ammo with the mamba

is there any difference between the quark and mamba 25
any reason why i should pay like 10 bucks more for the quark or not

thanks
Old 10-22-2007, 08:44 PM
jaejw1

the quark has its goods and its bad.. i just hated trying to set the thing up.. it was a nightmare.. the mamba is just so much easier..
Old 10-22-2007, 09:40 PM
walkingcarpet900

aw poo lol
i got the quark
just because when i looked at the setup adjustments and what you could do with it
it looked just the same as the mamba with the castle link
and thats 20$ more
well o well i still here the quark is great

what speeds should i be looking for with IB1400 cells and the ammo 3900
i am not really looking for 'insane' speeds because i mainly got this just to bash around and
race a little with freinds and at my track
Old 10-23-2007, 02:24 AM
Beomagi

If you're not using the software, they're just as easy to set up.
The quark does give a smoother low speed performance on powerful motors.

"programming" the controller is nothing more than getting the controller in a setup mode, and answering yes or no with the controller.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:14 PM
HPIFreak

got my vendetta ST in the mail today. everyting looks good except i didnt get the color i ordered (doesnt matter because i ordered a clear body to paint with it) and the front left shock is missing its spring pirch. i checked the box (ripped everything apart) and the entire area that i opened the box in. its a tiny piece so i doubt ill find it anyway. oh well, should i spend the $5 to get another set, or just add like $10 and get the aluminum shock set lol.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:10 PM
jaejw1

the stock shocks are very good.. if they arent abused.. but if you must replace them.. then go with the alum shocks.. i have had my stock shocks on since having the ST back in january..
Old 10-24-2007, 07:16 PM
rschoi_75

HPIfreak, you can call duratrax's customer support and they will replace the missing part free of charge. they have a good customer support dept.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:54 PM
irockdude

Heres what happened to my detta lately...It died....heres how it all went down...I went out yesterday to play with it and there was snow melting every where so there big deep puddles all over in the gutters (i have old style gutters in my neighborhood) so i was just drving around doing speed runs when my car suddenly stops,most likey just some radio interference(i'm near the free way in my nighborhood) so i turn the steering and my car lags,then takes off into the gutter and gets a car full of water,then i turn it around out of the drive way it was in and it dives into the gutter and gets more water into it,then i drive out into the road just thinking the water will come out when the car stops again..not radio interference this time...then it just takes off into the gutter AGAIN with more water and does like 10 flips and cartwheels into some snow..and stops dead...so..i go to it no big deal it just took off and fliped over..i grab it and try to flip the water off the tires by runing it and it starts laging and it sounds like soming things stuck in the motor then it finnaly moves the tires, way fast and that just spin out of control then it just stops and locks up completely..and the worst part is i set it down and i heard some sizzling and i see smoke coeming from my car and i'm like sh1t! my battery its lipo is gonna blow! so i rip the body off and i rip the battery out and its swelling big time about to blow up to i set it in the road and back away and i begins to settle down...then i looks at my esc...my $70 mamba...and it melted of the sticky tape and looks all fried...so i take every thing home and tell my dad and he still thinks the esc is ok it just melted and burned the shirk tape a bit and the white ground wire just got hot...so my motor is fine and my esc might be ok,but my battery is leaking acid and it smells like a bitter sweet burned smell..the thing is my dad thinks i can still use it..bad idea if i want to blow my car up..it still has 11v in it...any way my cars rusting so i have to dose the whole thing in WD-40...now i realy hope i win the Warhead..sheesh...WATER IS HELL ON RCS AND I HATE WINTER!!!!!! (and for some reason my dad got mad at me...he ONLY put $40 into the car and i put $300..and i'm not mad at all so....i'm just dissapointed in God letting something like this happen...CURSE YOU GOD!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 11:05 PM
rschoi_75

lol.... sorry to hear about that. Definitely toss your battery. You can discharge the lipo fully by placing it in some saltwater for a few hours.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:08 PM
walkingcarpet900

bummer
o well just bad luck
my detta has done those things
too just not a 70$ esc
and a lipo batt =/

hope you can get it fixed!
i would always waterproof the elctronics when u plan on runin in the rain/snow or just puddles
put the esc and receiver in a ballon
seal the servo with silicone
and idk bout the motor

happy new yr
Old 01-01-2008, 01:20 AM
jaejw1

try to not curse god..... in everything u do,,give him praise.... atleast the car didnt catchfire....
Old 01-01-2008, 01:42 AM
walkingcarpet900

ya look on the brightside!
atleast the entire car didnt break
or you dint cause a accident with 1/1 scall cars
with the radio interference
Old 01-01-2008, 02:43 AM
heli-kid

ORIGINAL: irockdude

wait..he doesn't have ALL aluminum..he missing the aluminum body posts![X(]
hes also missing the aluminum antenna mount!lol
Old 01-01-2008, 10:32 AM
irockdude

that acually happened like 3 weeks ago...i just forgot ti post it here...
Old 01-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Frozen72

Will the Novak Mongoose system work in the Vendetta ST. I really want to get a ESC that will let my use a brushed motor and then a bl motor later on.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:44 PM
rschoi_75

who knows. its not even out yet.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:35 AM
walkingcarpet900

the mamba 25
with new firm ware
can run both!