Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

battery charging question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 06:31 PM
hyper701

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery charging question

hi, i have a 1400 9.6v intellect battery in my mini inferno. the charger im using gives the option to charge with either .9a or 1.8a. on the charger instructions it says to use .9a setting for this battery, but it takes about an 1&1/2hrs to charge. what will happen if i use the 1.8a setting, will it charge faster? and will it kill the battery? thanks
Old 08-25-2007, 10:00 PM
GNX5T

Default RE: battery charging question

From what I understand. 1a is 1000mah. Your charger released .9a or 1.8a per hour. At 1.8a you'll will have released 1800mah per hour which of course will decrease your charge time but you will be over charging the battery and will hurt the life of the battery. Stick with .9a. You'll be releaseing 900mah and the battery will get it's appropriate charge and will last a long time for many future charges. If i'm incorrect, please let me know so I don't ruin my batteries.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:27 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: battery charging question

Your pretty much on track and if the charger is a "peak detect" charger that shuts off automatically when battery is full then it'll be ok and should just turn off at about half the time.