Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

interested in mini nitros

Old 08-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Danju

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interested in mini nitros

hi all, im looking into mini nitros for my bros b-day. and im currently looking into the x-ray mini nitro series (dont know which one in particular)..i did a search and found a lot of good things about these cars. but i need a lil more info before i purchase it.

first of all, i do have experience with tuning nitro engines and gas cars. just wondering, the tiny engines are just about same as the bigger engines?
now, on to the Q:
1. is the engine reliable? good enough for begginner?
2. people say this is a tough car, correct?
3. a lot of aftermarket upgrades?
4.what fuel and glowplug do you recommend?
for my revo, i use 20% odonnel race blend and McCoy MC-59.
last Q, what batts does the included starter box use?

i may have more Q later.....thanks
Old 08-29-2007, 07:02 PM
ferrarimk13

Default RE: interested in mini nitros

i have a XRAY NT18, the micro nitro sedan, and i love it! It cost me some, but on the end, its worth it.
to answer the questions...

1. yes, and yes, it starts right up and holds a tune nicely.
2. umm, yeah pretty much, if you're not careful, you can break some of the plastic parts, but thats all basically, ive crashed mine a few times on the track, and only a rear a-arm broke, which is very good. Then there was a "meeting" with the curb, and i dont want to talk about that, lol
3. Not really, and honestly, u dont even need them, sure there are some stuff, but they are irrelevant for this little car.
4. Use a higher nitro content, atleast 25%, and it comes with a glowplug that works great.
5. Well if the starter box does come with it, u dont need to buy it, lol, (i did) but u use a normal 7.2 v battery.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Danju

okay thanks. i just went on there website and it says something like you can use just regular 1/10 scale nitro fuel. i think using 20% would be good....and also can you tell me what kind of glow plug i should use? like just in case i burn up the orignal plug, i know what to replace it with.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Danju

1 more thing: are there any aftermarket engines and tuned pipes you can upgrade?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:30 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like ferrarimk13 said. You really need to use a 25% or higher in the little nitro engines. I have a Kyosho Nitro Mini Inferno 09ST that I run using Traxxas 33% fuel.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:34 AM
ferrarimk13

yeah, it used standard glow plugs, but id suspect they are the hotter ones, like 6 or 7, and u can replace the engine with the picco p-zero which is outrageously fast, but itll cost u atleast $120, and the pipe that comes with it is just fine, its a good car, why do u want to change everything?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: Danju

1 more thing: are there any aftermarket engines and tuned pipes you can upgrade?
Yes, there are...
Old 08-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Danju

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Like ferrarimk13 said. You really need to use a 25% or higher in the little nitro engines. I have a Kyosho Nitro Mini Inferno 09ST that I run using Traxxas 33% fuel.
okay since two people said that already, ill trust you guys....but out of curiosity, why do you NEED higher nitro percentage? im just wondering, im not trying to object.......oh, im probably gonna settle with the little stadium version (nt18t or something?) thanks again guys..