Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

CAN MINI INFERNO HANDLE WRAITH W/OUT MODS??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 01:10 PM
STREETKING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAN MINI INFERNO HANDLE WRAITH W/OUT MODS??

Ok, I got my wraith system in my mlst, and I just blew the losi metal vicous diffs, and I'm just point blank sick of the mlst. It's a weak truck in my opinion, and I can say this because i've had nothing but problems. I mean sure, I have a brushless system in it, but for christ sakes, I have METAL GEARS!! Also, I've bought atleast 2 EXTRA servos, and now THEY messed up! LOSI may make good products, but I don't know about my mlst. Of course this is my own opinion.

Anyway, I'm thinkin of gettin the kyosho mini inferno. Basically, i just want something to put my brushless wraith in. I really don't care what it is!! As long as I don't have to keep upgrading it!! What are some strong vehicles out tha box? ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Jrgunn5150

Default RE: CAN MINI INFERNO HANDLE WRAITH W/OUT MODS??

Anything you slap a Wraith in will need some beef. On the Mini Inferno, the diff's will need to be upgraded, unless you get a ST, those diff's are pretty reliable out of the box. The Mini Inferno still needs a decent slipper.

On my Wraith, 3s, Half 8, I have ST diff's, metal outdrives, cvd's, and a 3racing slipper.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:34 PM
dr_kabuboo

No, the Inferno will need a lot of upgrades to handle the Wraith. I have stripped countless slippers, diffs (including 3Racing heavy duty ones), shafts, outdrives, the whole lot. I now run metal diffs, metal outdrives, metal shafts, delrin slipper and Atomic centre diff (fully locked out).

My Associated RC18B Factory Team is standard out of the box and runs the Wraith just fine but it's only a few weeks old and has not yet been raced so time will tell wether it is the buggy to have.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Jrgunn5150

My rc18mt handles the Wraith with just CVD's and MIP superdiff's.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:44 PM
STREETKING

so the mini inferno st has stronger diffs than the buggy?? alright. if there were a choice to make, which should it be, the rc18t, rc18r or mini inferno st?? Those are basically what i've narrowed it down to.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:26 PM
dr_kabuboo

If I was buying again it would be a RC18 variant. The RC18T allows more space under the body for upgrades.

I still LOVE my Inferno and would not give it up!