Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Losi Mini Slider

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Thunderbird93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Mini Slider

I'm very interested in either the Associated RC18B or the Losi Mini Slider. A friend of mine has the RC18T and after upgrading everything says it can go about 70 MPH. I was wondering how fast the Mini Slider can go by upgrading everything. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:58 PM
18mt_kid

Default RE: Losi Mini Slider

this is a hard question to answer because both are very different cars
Old 09-08-2007, 06:06 AM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: 18mt_kid

this is a hard question to answer because both are very different cars
Well concidering that it is 2wd, and being lighter it will probably be faster be extremely uncontrollable.
Heres a taste of the raw power of the Mamba Comp-X package- http://youtube.com/watch?v=4AKS4AoaB3o
Old 09-08-2007, 07:03 AM
Thunderbird93

Yeah my friend has the mamba in his and that thing is wicked fast. I'll probably get the 18B just so we don't have the same thing. THANKS.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:06 PM
-Inverted-

Unless he is running more then 3s lipo, I highly doubt he is hitting 70 with a Comp-X.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:27 PM
lvblueyedboy

I have both a Mini Slider and the RC18B. I had a Mini T first and hated it. But I finally picket up the Mini Slider when they hit the streets. I have a Comp X in my Slider and it moves and to my surprise it handles really well. As far as 70mph I have not gotten mine that fast, if you run a 3 cell Lipo I am sure you can get it there. I am happy with running the 6 cell factory style batteries. If you do go with the Slider I would recommend you up grade your slipper to the Mini T Pro slipper and install a ball diff. I blew up the factory Diff with the Comp X. I am very happy with the Mini Slider with the Comp X in it. I would make one more recommendation get the USB cable for setting up the Mamba so much easier.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Dokioto

I Would get the RC18B.. Just because it's a little more versatile. The Slider is really meant for dirt oval racing..
Old 09-08-2007, 02:59 PM
-Inverted-

ORIGINAL: lvblueyedboy

I have both a Mini Slider and the RC18B. I had a Mini T first and hated it. But I finally picket up the Mini Slider when they hit the streets. I have a Comp X in my Slider and it moves and to my surprise it handles really well. As far as 70mph I have not gotten mine that fast, if you run a 3 cell Lipo I am sure you can get it there. I am happy with running the 6 cell factory style batteries. If you do go with the Slider I would recommend you up grade your slipper to the Mini T Pro slipper and install a ball diff. I blew up the factory Diff with the Comp X. I am very happy with the Mini Slider with the Comp X in it. I would make one more recommendation get the USB cable for setting up the Mamba so much easier.
You will not hit 70, proven fact. Castle Creations states 60 mph on 3s in a mini-t. The extra 10 mph is quite the steep and unjustifyable (sp). You will need to run 4s.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:35 PM
lvblueyedboy

A couple of things real quick yes the Mini Slider is sold as an oval track car. If you actually owned one the next question would be why not an off road truck? You can buy a stadium truck body for them. It has the same suspension that that Mini T has with a longer chassis. Why not a off road stadium truck? It handles like a dream and it has adjustable shocks and all of that.

Now about it going 70mph if you actually read what the FAQ says “With the stock gearing and a 3cell lip pack, one of our Mini-T's has been confirmed at over 60mph” That would lead me to believe that if you geared it right you could get more then 60mph.

[link]http://www.castlecreations.com/support/documents/Mamba%20Setups.pdf[/link]
Old 09-08-2007, 05:54 PM
-Inverted-

ORIGINAL: lvblueyedboy

A couple of things real quick yes the Mini Slider is sold as an oval track car. If you actually owned one the next question would be why not an off road truck? You can buy a stadium truck body for them. It has the same suspension that that Mini T has with a longer chassis. Why not a off road stadium truck? It handles like a dream and it has adjustable shocks and all of that.

Now about it going 70mph if you actually read what the FAQ says “With the stock gearing and a 3cell lip pack, one of our Mini-T's has been confirmed at over 60mph” That would lead me to believe that if you geared it right you could get more then 60mph.

[link]http://www.castlecreations.com/support/documents/Mamba%20Setups.pdf[/link]
You could not gear it to that without having severe heat problems, it could only be used for speed passes. Not very fun IMO to only be able to drive your car for seconds at a time. Plus it would need a lot of stuff done to the car, a different body, and super stiff springs. The guy at WFRC Challenge started flying.