Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

MLST2 OWNERS UNITE!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:53 AM
maxxdout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MLST2 OWNERS UNITE!!!!!!

Hello,

Im looking at a MLST2 and need some opinions on them. How fast are they stock? Will they handle a mamba 8000? How durable are they?

Is there anything else I should know abou them?

Thanks!
Cody
Old 09-24-2007, 11:21 AM
!burnz

Default RE: MLST2 OWNERS UNITE!!!!!!

The MiniMonster Baja comes with a lipo for $10 more.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:34 PM
maxxdout

oooooooo really? i want that!! thats the one with the buggy vgy right?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:33 PM
VintageMA

All I can say is Don't Do It. MLST is a piece of junk.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:39 PM
maxxdout

Really? I never heard any bad things about it. thew only thing i heard was that the diffs tend to strip in the mlst, but im thinking abou tht e mlst2. DO you have any reasoning behind"All I can say is Don't Do It. MLST is a piece of junk.
"???? And do you even have a Minilst? I dont see it in your sig.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:44 PM
-EXTRA-

ORIGINAL: maxxdout

Really? I never heard any bad things about it. thew only thing i heard was that the diffs tend to strip in the mlst, but im thinking abou tht e mlst2. DO you have any reasoning behind"All I can say is Don't Do It. MLST is a piece of junk.
"???? And do you even have a Minilst? I dont see it in your sig.
w t f lmao@ "All I can say is Don't Do It. MLST is a piece of junk" yes please explain.... anyway's,i have a Mlst and i love it man,Iv upgraded the diff gear's to MIP and havent had a problem since alot of people say the servos are junk but i found out what was wrong with mine,the servo would turn further then the wheels could move and it was putting a load on the servos so i set my D/R down and havent had a problem with them since,im telling you the Mlst is great so im sure the Mlst2 will be even better,there fun to jump in the house and run over your friends Mini T
Old 09-24-2007, 03:48 PM
VintageMA

Yes - I did have a mLST. I spent over $600 in upgrades to get the steering and drive-train to work properly and in the end it went into the garbage can because it got me so annoyed.

The center gear / or ball diff if you put that in don't work well, the gear strip and can't handle much power. The on-power performance is just abismal because the CG of the truck is so high. The wheelbase is too small both front to back and even more so side to side.

If you can afford it - get a xray M18MT and you'll be much happier - out of the box the M18T and the M18MT is superior in absolutely every way. No hop-ups needed.

If you can't afford that get a Vendetta ST with a few upgrades and you'll have more fun in the long run.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:00 PM
-EXTRA-

ORIGINAL: VintageMA

Yes - I did have a mLST. I spent over $600 in upgrades to get the steering and drive-train to work properly and in the end it went into the garbage can because it got me so annoyed.
Mabey you just dont know how to work on them properly?How can you spend 600$ in drivetrain and steering upgrades for the Mlst that doesn't make any sence.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:10 PM
VintageMA

ORIGINAL: -EXTRA-

Mabey you just dont know how to work on them properly?How can you spend 600$ in drivetrain and steering upgrades for the Mlst that doesn't make any sence.
Sorry I said anything - have fun with them.

When you are ready to get a rockin buggy:

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...er%20magazines
Old 09-24-2007, 05:24 PM
promod

what a min i thought we were talking about mlst2 ?
Old 09-24-2007, 05:42 PM
-Inverted-

ORIGINAL: -EXTRA-

I was wondering the same thing...
Old 09-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Jrgunn5150

I have a MLST2, and a regular MLST. Keep the center open, or no more than a Ball diff in there, and you'll have alot of fun. A few upgrades make it better, like Jr 241 servo's and 1/10 scal turnbuckles, but all in all it's a pretty satisfying mini. Not a racer though, but a great little fun-time basher.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:04 PM
thenewguy821
My Feedback: (12)

I have the MiniLST. The stock diffs in the first MLST were weak and would strip easy. I upgraded the diffs to the Losi Viscous diffs and the center to the Mini-T Ball diff. I HAD a Mamba 8000Kv in the truck, but decided that wasn't enough. I am now running a Dynamite C-4 9200Kv with no problems.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Sacagawea

I have to agree, it seems like everytime I take my MLST for a spin something breaks, whether its a gear, shock, or axle it's always something. I use to have a trx stampede, thing was tough as hell(and if any of you out there thinks otherwise, prepare for a war!) too bad I sold it, I miss my stampede.[&o]
Old 09-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: Jrgunn5150

Keep the center open, or no more than a Ball diff in there, and you'll have alot of fun. A few upgrades make it better, like Jr 241 servo's and 1/10 scal turnbuckles, but all in all it's a pretty satisfying mini. Not a racer though, but a great little fun-time basher.
Thats what I would say. Instead of a Mamba 8000 I would get a 5400 or 6800.. It's more suited for the truck. You may have some problems if you start using a 3cell lipo or a batt with a lot of power.
Great truck and you should have a lot of fun with it.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:41 AM
nitro _ burner

ORIGINAL: Sacagawea

I have to agree, it seems like everytime I take my MLST for a spin something breaks, whether its a gear, shock, or axle it's always something. I use to have a trx stampede, thing was tough as hell(and if any of you out there thinks otherwise, prepare for a war!) too bad I sold it, I miss my stampede.[&o]
Buddy, you where the one who started a post which was somthing like LOSI STUFF IS JUNK!!! and you got totaly flamed, people where even sayng that the stampede, whilst a good truck, you cant compare it too a 1/18 scale truck that has SOOO much more than the 'pede and that its built like a brick!!!!!

in the end your post was closed...
Old 09-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Sacagawea

''built like a brick''...hehe, ur funny!