Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mamba is gonna die..oh wait??

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 05:46 PM
five21racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mamba is gonna die..oh wait??

I'm not sure if my Mamba ESC is slowly dieing or what. A couple weeks ago I was driving it around in the school parking lot. Being the idiot I am, I was kind of showing off - kind of... Well I ended up finding a water puddle that almost covered the whole RC18MT. Someone pulls it out and I take off again to see if everything is going to work. Works fine for a bit then just quits moving. I let it dry out and runs fine again.

Well 2 weeks or so later, today, I'm out doing a few high speed passes on the high way and it seems to be doing fine. Well I'm dinking around in our shop and it starts to act VERY weird. It would only take roll-on throttle or it would 'die'. It was cogging big time. This was all happening from a battery that had at the very most - 10 mins. + I was using my Spektrum radio.

Any Ideas? Please don't give me the answer, "hey RETARD, unprotected RC trucks don't like to go swimming"!

For now I'm going to pull the front diff out of the 18MT and put it in the 18B. I can atleast run one of them then.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:33 PM
hands without shadows

Default RE: Mamba is gonna die..oh wait??

The Mamba ESC is waterproof. Where there any routers or cordless phones in the area? They have been known to make Spektrums glitch. You should also check your transmitter batteries, try another battery pack, check all your motor connections, and reprogram your ESC.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:54 PM
five21racing

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

The Mamba ESC is waterproof. Where there any routers or cordless phones in the area? They have been known to make Spektrums glitch. You should also check your transmitter batteries, try another battery pack, check all your motor connections, and reprogram your ESC.
Yeah at the school there's a router that is close enough for us to 'bum' internet off of. (no blockers then) At my house we don't run of 2.4 gH. I think it's like 5.5?? Our router is 2.4 though. You have to be in the house to pick up that signal though. When I took the 18MT for a swim, I was running the stock radio/reciever.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:33 PM
KRO

If your battery got soaked its probably building up alot of corrosion at all of the solder joints , The shrink wrap around the battery holds in moisture . Try a different battery .

I took my mamba system into over a foot of water one time and it still worked . The receiver work fine too once it dried out .