Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

how good of a rc is it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Deftones123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how good of a rc is it?

thinking of buying a team losi mini t and I was wondering if its a good rc, alot of hopups and how fast do they go stock and with the speed motor?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how good of a rc is it?

they are great I drove mine under water for 30 mins and the only thing that broke was the crappy stock steering servo, there good in snow, dirt and asphalt. your going to want to pick up a 7.2 volt batter for it, it really wakes the car up and then your set.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Deftones123

do u know if you replace the stock motor with the team losi speed motor if it makes alot of difference and how fast do they go stock?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:30 PM
ChrisB17

Iv owned a couple of mini-ts and my brother currently uses one. They are very reliable and easy to work on. He did get the losi speed motor and its a peice of junk. I would suggest a Orion baja or a reedy mini-max. The speed doesnt last long because you cant replace the brushes not to mension it isnt that fast. The mini-t slider motor is good you can rebuild those and there kind of quick.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:31 AM
nitro _ burner

Get the mini baja! end of story!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:52 AM
pro

they are great I drove mine under water for 30 mins and the only thing that broke was the crappy stock steering
You drove it WHERE divine_13?[sm=confused.gif]
Old 11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: pro

they are great I drove mine under water for 30 mins and the only thing that broke was the crappy stock steering
You drove it WHERE divine_13?[sm=confused.gif]
Ha I wouldn't listen to him, all his posts have been a little off so far...
Old 11-06-2007, 02:11 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: divine_13

they are great I drove mine under water for 30 mins and the only thing that broke was the crappy stock steering servo, there good in snow, dirt and asphalt. your going to want to pick up a 7.2 volt batter for it, it really wakes the car up and then your set.
LMAO

He must have meant he drove it for 30 minutes in the snow. The electronics would have been fried if it had be in the water that long.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:36 PM
The Hedgehog

I want to know what batteries he is using for 30 minute runtime supposedly ha ha! Guess he went LiPo
Old 11-06-2007, 02:43 PM
pro

lol
Old 11-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Mr. Mugen

I can tell you from years of exp. with these little cars that the are fun and fast if you want them to be. I still have 6 of them. I would spend the few extra bucks and get the team orion baja motor for it. Heck do a search and look through all the posts about this great little car. I must of made 200 posts about this car alone...maybe more. Kevin
Old 11-09-2007, 11:43 AM
JATO TO THE MAXX

The Mini-ts arent very durable. Associated RC18T is a lot more durable, handles better, and is faster out of the box.
I used to have four mini-ts and they were always breaking. I sold them and got a rc18t and it is way better.
The Losi speed motors aren't good at all. The one I had was slower than the stock one.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:04 PM
hands without shadows

ORIGINAL: JATO TO THE MAXX

The Mini-ts arent very durable. Associated RC18T is a lot more durable, handles better, and is faster out of the box.
I used to have four mini-ts and they were always breaking. I sold them and got a rc18t and it is way better.
The Losi speed motors aren't good at all. The one I had was slower than the stock one.
I don't think he asked about the 18t.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:10 PM
ChrisB17

ORIGINAL: JATO TO THE MAXX

Wow your wrong. They are pretty durable. Iv owned 3 so far and they take a beating and live to tell about it. Not to mension my brother races one and it has only broke once because he hit a garage door.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:27 PM
walkingcarpet900

MINI Ts are great but if i were your i would save up 50 more bucks and get the MINI BAJA
because it has bearings, seperate esc. receiver. servo

rc18s imo are crappy
cant hold up 2 brushlless
gears stripe everyday
so much steering slop and play

mini ts can handle brushless and handle
pretty well for a 2wd
Old 11-09-2007, 08:00 PM
crazy for rc

Yeah my mini-t is great i race mine and it gets a beating and out of it and it just keeps on going. To make it run great get some pro line bowties and some oil shocks, and a good battery, and they will handle relly good and are fast after that. But im going to get a new motor soon i think im geting the reedy but not to sure yet but they are good little trucks and they look cool and lots of aftermarket support too! Get one but u can also get the baja its like the same thing except there are a few changes on it like better radio, 3 wire servo all ready on it. bearings, Oil shocks, The speed motor on it all ready too. But if u want to be the best U can get the pro version of the mini-t and its race ready and u can pick your own get your own radio gear and have it race ready when u get it besides motor, radio gear, get the pro version of the mini-t and its race ready. But get eather the mini-t or baja if u dont want to buy gear all ready u wont regret it great truck!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:35 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: walkingcarpet900

MINI Ts are great but if i were your i would save up 50 more bucks and get the MINI BAJA
because it has bearings, seperate esc. receiver. servo

rc18s imo are crappy
cant hold up 2 brushlless
gears stripe everyday
so much steering slop and play

mini ts can handle brushless and handle
pretty well for a 2wd
I sadly have to agree that 18__ are kindof, well, not so great, gone through 2 rear diff bevel gears, kindof stinks, DEF can't hold up to brushless without SERIOUS mods (from what i see people saying all the time), also, my truck doesn't have a sliper clutch, yeah, kindof wish I had researched a bit more, still a prety fun truck[8D]
Old 11-11-2007, 09:26 AM
DeadSticker
My Feedback: (18)

Another great motor choice is the reedy sp19....