Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Iwaver 05 4WD 1/24 Bigfoot

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Big Green Machine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iwaver 05 4WD 1/24 Bigfoot

I really love my Min-z Monster. I know htey aren't really that popular on these boards (I am not sure why) but I think it suits my indoor RC needs better than any other RC I have researched, WHich is why I was so intereted when I came across the Iwaver 4WD bigfoot. It is obviously a little bigger and heavier than the monster but it share the same body mounts and wheels. I would buy one in a second but 2 things are bothering me.

A. I can't find hop ups, or even replacement parts anywhere. ***. WHat if I break a shock mount right after I get it? Is ther any kind of support?
B. No one seems to own one. I can't find an impression anywhere on the net. Even Iwavers own website doesn't mention the beast. Has anyone here tried one out? The look like a decent truck and they can use AA or AAA for a top speed of 18 kph unmodded.

Would I be throwing my money away on this thing or what??

[link]http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230190273450&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013[/link]

Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Dokioto

Default RE: Iwaver 05 4WD 1/24 Bigfoot

I don't like it.. I can't really say anything negative about it since I have not driven one but, IMO it looks like junk and parts seem to be nonexistent. Thats just my $0.02
Old 11-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Is it just me or does that look a little similar to the Mini-z Monster?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:10 PM
dacaur

looks like junk to me... friction shocks, short suspension arms, non-standard servo..... 7-11 mph depending on pinion....
for the money you would be better off with one of these... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRNU2&P=0
Old 11-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: Takedown

Is it just me or does that look a little similar to the Mini-z Monster?

Sure it does, except it is 4wd, which is why I am interested in it.

ORIGINAL: dacaur

looks like junk to me... friction shocks, short suspension arms, non-standard servo..... 7-11 mph depending on pinion....
for the money you would be better off with one of these... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRNU2&P=0

I don't think it even has suspension arms, My guess is it has straight axels front and back similar to the Mini-z Monster. As far as the shocks and speed go, these are the same as the stock Mini-z which I am very happy with even though mine now has many hop ups. The motor and shocks can probably be adapted to something better. Also I can put high quality Mini-z alloy rims and licensed bodies on it unlike the plasticy kids toy looking one you linked me. (sorry, no offence). Again I like the mini-z because it is a great performer and it looks like a scale model truck with the right body ( Jeep CJ, Hummer and so on..) on it which makes it a nice shelf sitter also. I am just looking for a 4wd version to mess around with. I already have a fully hoped, Mamba RC18t for serious RCing.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Big Green Machine

sorry, double post...
Old 11-13-2007, 11:19 PM
dacaur

no its definitely 4 wheel independent suspension... look closer at the pics in the auction. dont judge a truck by its body.... judge it by the available hop-up's....
Old 11-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Big Green Machine

no its definitely 4 wheel independent suspension... look closer at the pics in the auction. dont judge a truck by its body.... judge it by the available hop-up's....
Cool, well 4 wheel independent is another upgrade from the mini-z. It should be a better performer. I agree, I would like to see some available hop-ups for this truck but unfortunately they seem pretty limited, and I don't think it's even really all that new. If I was going to get a similar sized truck with as many hop ups as possible I would just get the micro T which is my next option, but I don't see it as an improvement on the Mini-z for me. I don't want faster mini truck ( I could just Lipo the monster), I want a better, hopefully more technical climber. I really want 4wd and the fact it can share bodies and rims/tires with my Miniz is a huge bonus. For my needs, which is to look good on my shelf, as well as run, climb and jump well around my living room, it looks perfect. Like I mentioned, my Mini-z blows me away with what it can do, jumping, wheelies, climbing. I am constantly surprised. Now I just want a 4wd counterpart to play with. Do you think I could prder atleast replacement parts from Iwaver using a parst list catalog or something similar to what comes with Mini-Z's?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:40 PM
barefootdan

spend a little more and get quality
Old 11-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: barefootdan

spend a little more and get quality
Spend more?? What are you recomending? The alternate truck linked to in this thread was actually cheaper as is the micro-T (not to mention not 4wd). I am unaware of a 4wd mini truck similar to this that costs more. Spend more seems like pretty weak advice.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:07 AM
dacaur

is what you want a throwaway toy, or a hobby quality Toy?? What you linked is a throwaway toy.. Integrated ESC/RX, non-standard servo and little if any parts support, where are you going to buy a spare if a suspension arm breaks? At least with the radline trucks you can buy spare parts, from towerhobbies or your local target store.... If you are looking at and judging the quality of the truck by a pretty body, well thats just silly, you can buy other bodies.... the duratrax mini quake is $150 and will blow that truck out of the water in all respects its 4wd, independent suspension, oil shocks, etc.... I jump my mini quake in my living room.... over makeshift jumps (aka pizza boxes) or off the counter... it takes it all in stride.... I would bet if you run that toy off a counter top it would break in more than one place.... if you are wanting 1/24 scale,,, take another look at the truck i linked... look past the cheesy body and check it out... 3 wire servos, shaft driven 4wd, FM radio, lots of upgrades, parts availability... here is the website... you want to look at the master series... http://www.radlinerc.com/products.html
Old 11-14-2007, 05:03 AM
Big Green Machine

is what you want a throwaway toy, or a hobby quality Toy?? What you linked is a throwaway toy.. Integrated ESC/RX, non-standard servo and little if any parts support, where are you going to buy a spare if a suspension arm breaks? At least with the radline trucks you can buy spare parts, from towerhobbies or your local target store.... If you are looking at and judging the quality of the truck by a pretty body, well thats just silly, you can buy other bodies.... the duratrax mini quake is $150 and will blow that truck out of the water in all respects its 4wd, independent suspension, oil shocks, etc.... I jump my mini quake in my living room.... over makeshift jumps (aka pizza boxes) or off the counter... it takes it all in stride.... I would bet if you run that toy off a counter top it would break in more than one place.... if you are wanting 1/24 scale,,, take another look at the truck i linked... look past the cheesy body and check it out... 3 wire servos, shaft driven 4wd, FM radio, lots of upgrades, parts availability... here is the website... you want to look at the master series... http://www.radlinerc.com/products.html
Thanks for the advice, but as I mentioned I already have a fully hoped up rc18t so I definately don't need a stock mini-quake. The only thing turning me away from the Iwaver is replacement parts availability, it looks like a decent truck. But I guess I'll just stick with my Mini-z for living room scale RCing as it is an awesome truck. Maybe I will sink the money I was going to spend into some frivolous alloy upgrades and maybe a fet upgrade. Hopefully some day Kyosho will see fit to make a 4wd Monster, now that would be sweet.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:19 AM
Big Green Machine

Update:

I recieved some information from someone at Iwaver regarding parts. It looks pretty promising for those of us that like realistic scale model RC's. Hop Up 260 motors, oil shocks and spares. We'll see whose running junky toys....

Big Green,
We will be releasing the spares and hop-up very soon, we will be having motors and springs with full metallic parts upgrade. All is in the pipeline please keep an eye out.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Mini_Me

What happened to the 1/28th off road buggy they were working on? BTW the Micro-T is way smaller than this, so its not really a fair comparison as a alternate choice.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 PM
dacaur

Lol, scale looking? I cant really recall the last time I saw a truck driving around with big silver garbage case between the frame and body.... if you like the body thats one thing, but no part of that truck is realistic or scale.... I'm just saying $115 is a lot for a pretty body.... I bet if you really want to can get just the body and put it on a better more realistic chassis.... (like the radline)
Old 11-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Mattdg67

ORIGINAL: Mini_Me

What happened to the 1/28th off road buggy they were working on? BTW the Micro-T is way smaller than this, so its not really a fair comparison as a alternate choice.
Well since they got this one finished, I would guess the buggy would be coming real soon.

Also "dacaur" have you ever had a Iwaver, or even a Radline? If you haven't don't just say something without even knowing the truth.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Big Green Machine

Lol, scale looking? I cant really recall the last time I saw a truck driving around with big silver garbage case between the frame and body.... if you like the body thats one thing, but no part of that truck is realistic or scale.... I'm just saying $115 is a lot for a pretty body.... I bet if you really want to can get just the body and put it on a better more realistic chassis.... (like the radline)

Man, the body is fugly crap. I never said I liked it. I am not judging the truck by it's body as you mentioned earlier but rather by it's potential. What I actually said was it is compatable with quality Kyosho Mini Z Monster and Overland bodies and wheels. Here is one of mine.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6625937/tm.htm

As you can see it is very much to scale. Kyosho and Autoscale make great bodies for them, hummers, F150s Cayennes. Ofcourse it is not just about looks, if the truck can perform atleast aswell as the Mini-Z monster I would be happy, but my guess is it will handle better. It has a 260 motor instead of a 130, it is compatable with AA or AAA. It has 4 wheel independent suspension (as you pointed out.) As long as parts become available as was promised, then I am sure the truck will be very cool.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:31 AM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: Mattdg67

Also "dacaur" have you ever had a Iwaver, or even a Radline? If you haven't don't just say something without even knowing the truth.
I didnt say I had had either, he asked for opinions, which I gave. as did others, all negative, but apparently his mind was made up before he posted so im not sure what the point is anyhow... My opinion is that it looks like toy crap.... replacment parts "might" be avalable... when/if they are of course you will have to get them over the internet so there are shipping charges to consider.... I dont buy stuff I cannot get parts for localy, but thats just me *shrug*
Old 11-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: Mattdg67

Also "dacaurny diference to me" have you ever had a Iwaver, or even a Radline? If you haven't don't just say something without even knowing the truth.
I didnt say I had had either, he asked for opinions, which I gave. as did others, all negative, but apparently his mind was made up before he posted so im not sure what the point is anyhow... My opinion is that it looks like toy crap.... replacment parts "might" be avalable... when/if they are of course you will have to get them over the internet so there are shipping charges to consider.... I dont buy stuff I cannot get parts for localy, but thats just me *shrug*
My mind wasn't and isn't made up, however your opinion of what you think it looks like doesn't really mean anything to me. I asked for impressions from anyone that has used one or owned one. I plainly stated the issue about parts and was fully aware of the dificulty in finding them. I buy my parts from the interent anyways so it doesn't make any diference to me that I can't buy them at Target (which don't exist where I live anyway). I watched the videos for the Radline in it's thread and was unimpressed. I checked out the hop ups parts and was also unimpressed. Compare the Master series Radline with my Mini-Z (which is prety much how the Iwaver will look) and tell me wich one looks like the kids toy.

Also, for those unfirmiliar with the type of RCing I like to do around the house see this youtube vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Ml2244_qk

Old 11-16-2007, 03:06 PM
dacaur

Wow, that was a cool vid. My wife would kill me if she came home and found stuff all over like that lol.... I guess i missed the part in your first post where you asked if anyone owned one. Anyhow, seeing what you want it for helps.... There is no way an independent suspension truck can do what your mini-z is capable of doing. It just doesn't have the droop and articulation needed, especially with those stubby suspension arms.... with a little modding it might work ok, but never as good as a modded mini-z... thats assuming the axles can handle any mods... Check out vids of E-Maxx's trying to rockcrawl vs solid axle RC's, and emaxx's have pretty long suspension arms. If you are going to be going fast and jumping independent is definitely better, but for crawling, in the RC world just like in the real world, solid Axel's rule.... Good luck with whatever you decide.

Oh BTW.... why dont you check out the Venom racing Mini Giant and see what you think? its 1/20... solid axles... way scale looking, for around $100..... and replacement parts are available now...
Old 11-16-2007, 03:27 PM
joeyblaze

ORIGINAL: Big Green Machine

Also, for those unfirmiliar with the type of RCing I like to do around the house see this youtube vid.

umm how are u going to compare a hopped up truck witha custimized body to a fully stock truck and ask which one looks better...thats just silly

kool video tho, i love that song
Old 11-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Big Green Machine

Wow, that was a cool vid. My wife would kill me if she came home and found stuff all over like that lol.... I guess i missed the part in your first post where you asked if anyone owned one. Anyhow, seeing what you want it for helps.... There is no way an independent suspension truck can do what your mini-z is capable of doing. It just doesn't have the droop and articulation needed, especially with those stubby suspension arms.... with a little modding it might work ok, but never as good as a modded mini-z... thats assuming the axles can handle any mods... Check out vids of E-Maxx's trying to rockcrawl vs solid axle RC's, and emaxx's have pretty long suspension arms. If you are going to be going fast and jumping independent is definitely better, but for crawling, in the RC world just like in the real world, solid Axel's rule.... Good luck with whatever you decide.

Oh BTW.... why dont you check out the Venom racing Mini Giant and see what you think? its 1/20... solid axles... way scale looking, for around $100..... and replacement parts are available now...

For the record I did not make the Youtube video (still waiting to get a decent Mini-DV cam) , however that is exactly what i like to do around the house with my Mini-Z, even crawling around outside on the natural bedrock is fun. As far as the independent suspensoin and articulation problem you mentioned, I agree, I was actually thinking of that today. The Iwaver won't be able to crawl like the monster due to the stiff chassis which I never really thoght about I guess.

I think I might give the Mini Giant a go. I don't see alot of replacement parts on Ebay though and that is my main source. I might throw a bid down on the one you linked. Thanks again.

ORIGINAL: joeyblaze

umm how are u going to compare a hopped up truck witha custimized body to a fully stock truck and ask which one looks better...thats just silly

kool video tho, i love that song
Ya, well. Fair enough. I still think the Radline look more like a kids toy than the Iwaver, even stock. Either way Dacaur has hit the nail on the head. What I want is a solid axel 4WD, I just didn;t realize it. That is why these boards are so great. Hopefully that video helped show some people how cool the Monster can be.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Big Green Machine

Wow. I won the Mini Giant for 65.61! .61 over the other guys top bids 20 seconds before the auction closed!!!! I guess that settles it for the Iwaver. Special thanks go out to Dacaur!!

Old 11-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Nasher

iwaver looks like my mini-z monster but better quality
Old 06-14-2008, 11:54 PM
brownlab

hobbyzone mini mauler , upgrades and replacements available [link=http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_trucks_hobbyzone_mini_mauler.htm]http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_trucks_hobbyzone_mini_mauler.htm[/link]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.