Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

vendetta st vs mini inferno st

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:58 AM
patxeik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vendetta st vs mini inferno st

hi
im thinking to get another micro for my garage and i doubt between the inferno or the vendetta, both st type. which one have better handling and more upgrades, and which one will you buy? im really novice in electric power cars and need some advice, the best price for the inferno i saw it on amainhobbies and the vendetta have a similar price than the inferno, can you post online shops where to buy?

thanx for all and grettings
Old 11-26-2007, 11:58 PM
jaejw1

Default RE: vendetta st vs mini inferno st

if and only if the mini inferno came without a third diff,, and crapy wheels and came with better tires ,,, then yes ..it would handle better and last a long time,,,, upgrades up the wazoo...

but since the mini inferno dont have those things,,, my vote goes for VENDETTA
Old 11-27-2007, 01:15 AM
ludeman

Both need upgrades. Do you value simple design, easy to work on and logical placement of drive train? Then get the Detta! If you like to beat your head in frustration and spend a lot of money but then have a really nice truggy then get the Mini Inferno.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:52 AM
markhat250

I'de have to agree. I have a few mini's, and all of them drive me crazy due to maintanence. These include my Mini-T, RC18T, M18T. I love them, well not the RC18T, but am ready to throw them all on ebay due to maintanence and the time involved. You work on them more than it's almost worth. But the Detta not only has performance and is easy to handle, but it's also, by far the easiest mini I've worked on. This one doesn't stress me out when something breaks. The Mini Inferno has sucked me in, but the forum here keeps saying no (in general). I'm glad I havn't buckled cuz that thing has got maintanence written all over it. Get the Detta!!
Old 11-27-2007, 05:29 AM
patxeik

THANNX GUYS
at the moment the detta is winning for long. But which will be better one time they was upgrade to the maximum possible, cause i always upgrade my cars a lot, and which have more ground clearance? I really dont know what to do cause i like most the inferno but you says the detta is better car, and last time you tell me to buy the m18t instead the rc18t and you were right
thanx for all and greetings
Old 11-27-2007, 08:49 AM
dr_kabuboo

The Inferno is a buggy that needs a bucket load of money spent on it and even then it's not as robust as some so another vote for the Vendetta.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:06 AM
jaejw1

listen to those that have the mini inferno.... i dont own one but have always wanted one,, just because it was a lil bigger than the detta.. im very pleased with the detta but i wanted more,, since the track i was running on wasnt really kept very smooth

i still vote vendetta..

have you seen all the videos on the vendetta.. if not then here are 10 pages worth of vids.. http://www.one18th.com/forums/showth...t=46716&page=1
Old 11-27-2007, 12:28 PM
markhat250

So jae, you are getting sucked into the Inferno a well? See, it's not just me. This means a lot coming from you, cuz I know you are hard core Detta guy....and an awesome driver I might add.

Yeh, the inferno from looking at it looks really awesome. But YES, the forum is pretty accurate on stuff. I love my Detta and my M18T!! Both highly revered on the forum. Both unanimously awesome cars!! So I have learned to trust the forum and not waste money finding out the hard way.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:07 PM
jaejw1

I was going to get one,,, but was told it was a complete money pit... and I have yet to see one race on a large track....

thanks for the comment
Old 11-27-2007, 08:26 PM
markhat250

Well guys...I had to add one more thing about my Vendetta(s). I was wrenching on my Losi Mini-T last night from 8-1:30am. I still actually have some more to go. I was needing a change and sick of wrenching on it, so I installed some new Atomic ball difs on the Detta and I gotta say...whow. The Detta is just soooo easy to work on. It's the easiest I own by far. When the thing does break (not too often) it is a breeze. I actually get to drive my Detta a lot. I can't even say that about my other cars. I wish they made an identical big brother 1/8 scale (with center dif of course) cuz I'de own it for sure.

I installed the Atomic rear uprights too and it has an allen set screw so the hinge pin doesn't go back and forth anymore (unless you do some modding). Those are pretty trick. I am going to do the front carriers next. Also doing the Atomic front dif and CVDs next (only have the back right now). It made such a smoooth and quiet difference, I decided it needs it up there too.

That's a lot of writing, but I just ran my Detta for an hour on my track and realized it's just the only mini to own (if you're only going to own 1).