Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Want to get into Nitro Minis for cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Dokioto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to get into Nitro Minis for cheap?

The MG16 is going to be your best bet at $200.. But this is a great deal for $99! http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6994
Just thought I would share..
Old 12-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Big Green Machine

Default RE: Want to get into Nitro Minis for cheap?

Nah, This one is sweet for [link=http://cgi.ebay.ca/Himoto-Cobra-Mini-RZ1-nitro-1-16-4wd-truck_W0QQitemZ300116428450QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1916 8QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem]$155.[/link] I bought one and was blown away at the build quality. The thing has tons of alloy on it, super solid suspension and drives like a dream. I sold it though as I realized mini Nitros aren;t for me. I'd rather have reverse, less noise, less mess and not have to worry about refueling every 5 minutes. I really recomened it though for anyone looking to get a 1/16th 4wd nitro monster.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Dokioto

Not a very good company as far as parts support goes.. IMO of course.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Big Green Machine

All the parts were listed in a manual with numbers and everything like a normal hobby RC with a website you could order replacements and a few hop ups from. I a really hard time starting the thing though, mind you I had no experience with Nitros before so that was probably the issue. It was a [retty sweet truck and damn was it beefy.
That is a great price on the Chaos, but my money would still be on the Himoto, even though I sold mine. If I go Nitro again though it will be 1/8th hopefully with an electric start
Old 12-05-2007, 08:20 PM
squirt!

I think Hobbytown USA has them for the same price...and they are local!!
Old 12-06-2007, 12:06 AM
bigairlife

ORIGINAL: Big Green Machine

Nah, This one is sweet for [link=http://cgi.ebay.ca/Himoto-Cobra-Mini-RZ1-nitro-1-16-4wd-truck_W0QQitemZ300116428450QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1916 8QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem]$155.[/link] I bought one and was blown away at the build quality. The thing has tons of alloy on it, super solid suspension and drives like a dream. I sold it though as I realized mini Nitros aren;t for me. I'd rather have reverse, less noise, less mess and not have to worry about refueling every 5 minutes. I really recomened it though for anyone looking to get a 1/16th 4wd nitro monster.
That is an EXACT copy of a Redcat Racing Tremor. Except for the tremor has a .07 The tremor mt version is EXACTLY like this. I had one, and hated it The worst buy I ever made and A complete waste of my money
Old 12-06-2007, 08:48 AM
squirt!

Ive heard that earlier models of redcat had some trouble, but lately the quality has stepped up a bit
Old 12-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: bigairlife

ORIGINAL: Big Green Machine

That is an EXACT copy of a Redcat Racing Tremor. Except for the tremor has a .07 The tremor mt version is EXACTLY like this. I had one, and hated it The worst buy I ever made and A complete waste of my money
I doubt it's an exact "copy" It's more like a diferent name. Kind of like how a camero isn't a copy of a firebird. The cars, as you say are identical so they where obviously pushed out of the same factory just under diferent name brands (funding). The car handled awesome, went really fast (they claim 55mph but i never clocked it) and was very well built using tons of alloy and great shocks/tires. Why did you hate it?
Old 12-06-2007, 08:14 PM
bigairlife

I had one about 3 months ago. They may have stepped up quality since then, but I still wouldn't buy it[&o] I didn't like mine because:

Stock engine leaked (I needed to completely reassemble it to get it to run, and then seal it)
Not very high quality suspention parts
Suspention binds
Spur gear melts
and a whole other bunch of crap... [X(]