Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

how much?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:41 PM
novakmaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much?

How much would it take to upgrade a micro t all the way with the best parts?
Old 12-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Dokioto

Default RE: how much?

There isn't really any part that you can call the "best".. I have seen many Micro-Ts on this site with over $600 in them...
Old 12-02-2007, 12:47 AM
rustlerbasher

probably a lot if its like any other r/c
Old 12-02-2007, 11:21 AM
rschoi_75

wow.... $600 in upgrades on a $80 chassis... dude must really like his micro-t. That thing is more expensive than my iphone. I hope it can play mp3's and show streaming videos.... lol.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:40 AM
KRO

LOL at pvt pile .....

Depends on what you mean by upgrades ? Do you mean blinged out and weighted down with alot of alloy ?

You could probably do it for 150-200 with a BL system ......
Old 12-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: pvt_pile

wow.... $600 in upgrades on a $80 chassis... dude must really like his micro-t. That thing is more expensive than my iphone. I hope it can play mp3's and show streaming videos.... lol.

Ya, I have seen a few of them on Ebay where guys have thrown $600+ into the things, never really driven it and are selling it off because they got to carried away. It's funny when some people, especially when they first buy an Micro -T, feel like they need to put every single peice of alloy they can, the fastest brushless and biggest lipo, fanciest alloy rims and graphite chassis before they even run the thing. They usually sell for about $300 (which is just as ridiculous). Most of that stuff doesn't make it run any better and just makes it a great shelf queen. If you like to admire your trucks on the shelf then that might be perfect, I find running/bashing them to be more enjoyable myself. You probably don't need anything more than a lipo battery and some bearings to make it a great truck.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Savage_Ninja

About 250 bucks and you are set.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: Savage_Ninja

About 250 bucks and you are set.
I don't see why you need all that either..

The truck is so small and running it in the house is a must, having it go so fast doesn't sound like fun to me (in a small area). Maybe put around $20 into it so it doesn't break and run it at your home made 1/36 track and your set[8D]

But I guess having a B/L system in these things would be the cool thing lol.

IMO, going all out on a Micro-T isn't worth it. Sure if you are into very small cars then it would be for you, but for $600 (sometimes $250[:-]) I would buy a 1/8 buggy and shred any Micro-T.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:27 PM
rschoi_75

ORIGINAL: Dokioto

IMO, going all out on a Micro-T isn't worth it. Sure if you are into very small cars then it would be for you, but for $600 (sometimes $250[:-]) I would buy a 1/8 buggy and shred any Micro-T.
agreed. I would never drop that much on a 1/36th scale. You could set up a brushless B44 for $600.... or even do an electric crt.5 conversion for that price.... I'd take that anyday over an all alloy micro-t that drives like a brick.

My micro-t just has bearings and those locknut axles. Its fun enough just like that.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Savage_Ninja

True, but my Micro-T is more fun than my revo or savage. I bash mine hard, and I know a lot about these trucks. I guess that is why I would put 250 into it.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: Dokioto

But I guess having a B/L system in these things would be the cool thing lol.

From what I read in this [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6521386/mpage_2/key_/tm.htm]Thread[/link]. Going brushless in the micro T is a waste of time and money. He was going 23-24 MPH with Lipo and the BB and swithed to the 10... KV and only gained 1 MPH. All that money wasted. I'd rather just do the Lipo upgrade and bearings and call it done. With so many other trucks to spend money on I am not going to get caught in the trap trying to get this tiny truck to speed beyond it handling limit. As far as alloy, what's the point. Any weight diference in these trucks is huge and comes at the cost of speed/run times, plus the plastic parts are dirt cheap to replace and stock up on.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:38 PM
scheibler

This is all you should get...since the micro t is already fun stock:

bearings-maybe a little faster and longer run times
lipo-faster and longer run times
threaded axles
maybe some different wheels and tires
Old 12-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Metallover

This is what I did - amazing for size

80 Micro T
12 Atomic BB motor
40 Lipo battery and charger
10 bearings

<150 dollars and you have one of the fastest micro t's you can buy. I broke 3 rear hub carriers and a couple rear camber links (I'm assuming you know about the steering link) so I got aluminum rear hub carriers too. I haven't run it much because I sent it in for a bad antenna when I could have just done the antenna mod (I didnt know about it). I am selling it so I dont know how rear camber links will hold up with the rear hub carriers not having any give in them...

Just dont get too carried away.