1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

no more mini's

Old 12-08-2007, 12:20 AM
billdee

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default no more mini's

sorry guys i am going back to 1/10 scale rc. i just spent a lot of money buying the best parts for my mini t and now i have a high priced toy. putting this thing back together with all those small c clips has me worried that after a few hard landing this thing is going to come apart. a lot of the hop up parts are cheaply made the after market shocks from losi are pure junk i almost put the stock ones back on,waste of $25 dollars. i purchased a mamba system for this truck and i'm glade i didn't install it. no way can this truck take the speed of a mamba.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:10 AM
Gex_61

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: no more mini's

I have lost e-clips when I have taken them off, but I've never had an e-clip fall off while driving.

I have bashed with my mini-t, launching it at least 10 feet into the air several times with the mamba system. This was with my almost stock basher mini-t. I eventually broke the battery hold down from the hard landings. When I bash without big air, I don't usually break anything. I can't remember the last time I broke something while racing a mini-t. Just because the mini's are plastic doesn't mean they are toy quality. They are very tough, and replacement parts for the mini's are inexpensive.

I agree with you on the shocks. A lot of people on this forum and at my LHS like them. I bought a set of the Losi shocks after I first got my mini-t. They have a total of about 10 minutes of runtime. Every time I have used them they have leaked. I now use Integy shocks for racing, and GPM shocks for bashing.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:01 AM
KRO

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry too hear you had so many worries with your Mini T .

Lots of guys bling them out and spend hundreds on them and then regret it .

I learned my lesson with my 1rst RC and now only look for hop ups/mods that either makes the car faster or stronger .

The Mamba system is alot of fun in the Mini T , I have a 8000Kv system in mine and it hits in the low 40mph range with a 7.4v LiPo battery and will wheelie at almost any speed . (reminds me ALOT of my JATO 3.3)

If you had the Mini Baja , all you would need too run that Mamba system is a ball diff .

The key too the Losi shocks is either use Teflon plumbers tape , or just be VERY careful when you tighten down the shock cartrige , if you over tighten it it pinches/rolls up the little rubber seal . Mine dont leak a drop . Never had an E clip fall off either .
Old 12-08-2007, 11:47 AM
rschoi_75

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: KRO

The key too the Losi shocks is either use Teflon plumbers tape , or just be VERY careful when you tighten down the shock cartrige , if you over tighten it it pinches/rolls up the little rubber seal . Mine dont leak a drop .
100% agreed. I have two sets of the losi shocks and I love them. Once they are set up correctly, they are some of the best aftermarket shocks around.