Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Trinity Now 1st Impression

silverfang, pics please

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry about not posting thoes pics. My wife made off with the camera and loned it to a friend. I will get it back tuesday.

mrskascook
    There was engough grease in the difs for normal operation. But Not as much as I like in there. So i packed it a little more. After running it. there was really no differance. So at least in my difs, the grease was good.
    If it aint broke, fix it till it is!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just put the nut over where the screw protrudes from the motor mount. lock tight the nut. Do this for both mount screws and the mount will never move. (got the other camera)

By the way. Thoes are 2.5 mm hex nuts. You can probably find them at the local Hoby Store. If not Lowes or home depo may have them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq46151.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	881043  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When i turn the back wheels the front left wheel also turns but the front right one does not. What is wrong?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THANKS SILVERFANG, GOT IT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chris007

When i turn the back wheels the front left wheel also turns but the front right one does not. What is wrong?
    Are you turning the back wheels both in the same direction at the same time?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes and that causes the front left one to turn but not the front right. I can hold the left one and then the right one will start turning but it seems like there is resistance thats not letting it turn on its own.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did the same thing on my rig. and got the exact same reaction. My left front wheel turned but not the right. So I set up for a run. When I pulled the trigger all 4 spun and ballooned out.

I have ran my Now for about 4 houres since my last post and nothing has gone wrong. The wheels still react the same when I turn them by hand, but when I put power to them they all work. I gave a thuro check to all the hubs and the drive line. Nothing was binding or grinding. I think this is nothing to worrie about.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Alright thanks just wondering if something was wrong.

Haha I asked my dad and i got a HUGE explanation about how 4wd works and I tried to listen but i couldn't really understand any of it, but he said it was supposed to be that way.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Silverfang

just put the nut over where the screw protrudes from the motor mount. lock tight the nut. Do this for both mount screws and the mount will never move. (got the other camera)

By the way. Thoes are 2.5 mm hex nuts. You can probably find them at the local Hoby Store. If not Lowes or home depo may have them.

How were you able to get the other nut in, the front one I used a very fine nosepliers and got the job done, the inner one seems impossible, do you have a long nut screw handle or did u take it apart first>?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had to take the center brace off. It is not that hard to get off and once you get the nut on properly you should not have to mess with it again. There are skinny nut drivers out there that could work, but why spend the money.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Questions:

1. Is there any value in plugging in an rx pack to the setup?

2. I brought my car to Trinity, they replaced the plastic arms with metal arms and took out the sway bar-do I need the sway bar, or is that necessary to remove to install the metal arms?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I dont think there is any value in the rx pack. your reciver works off the regular battery pack. Its draw is so small it will not effect you run time by anything you can notice.

I don't have the metal arms so I don't know if they have holes drilled for the sway bar mounts. But no, you don't kneed the sway bars. They help a bit with traction, but really you only use them on a track and then only if you are racing. If you are just bashing around they are not necessary. Infact I removed my rea sway bars because it allows me to slide around in the drit with I get on the "gas".

Of corse these are only my openions, but you don't NEED sway bars. Most RTR's don't come with sway bars at all.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

in the latest car action mag they have an article on the trinity now. the article reads that when you pull the trigger it wheelies on demand. mine never pulls the front tirers off the ground.and they have it clocked at a top speed of 29 mph. i think thats way off again mine seems much faster then 29mph more like 38 to 40 mph.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi, got my NOW like a week ago.. should have read up on how to tweak it and everything, broke a lower suspension arm and ate the spur gear... >.< fixed the arm but 2 weeks until anyone gets a new order of spur gears. could anyone explain what screws pertain to "Remove the set screws in the arms to allow full droop." I read that off a couple of websites that sell it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey billdee I also saw that in car action review. I thought it was faster than 29 also. I also started to wonder about the review when they made the statement about the truggy handling quite flat in the turns without swaybars. especially when they come from the factory with them. Did they actually drive and look at the truggy before writting the review?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The review has a lot of inaccurate information IMO, speed, model durability, etc. Frankly they missed the boat on this one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys, I've been kinda lurking through this thread for awhile now. But finally decided to post. I've got a basically brand new NOW sitting here(which I can't stand). I'm kinda wanting to get rid of it(kinda in need of funds).

Anyways, its in great condition besides three pieces: one front upper arm rod, one front lower suspension arm, and one shock cap. It ran flawlessly before it was broken, actually was only on the second battery charge. I've got everything for it, even the box.

So, I'm wondering if anyone might be interested in taking it off of my hands. Any reasonable offer would be considered. PM me if you're interested.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are there any premounted street tires that would bolt right on this rig?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ericke1

The review has a lot of inaccurate information IMO, speed, model durability, etc. Frankly they missed the boat on this one.
    They did just like their advertisers wanted them to do... It's an unfortunate place we are in, but in the US, the magazines are afraid to write an unbiased review because they might scare off a few advertisers.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got it.

Recap-does anybody know which aftermarket bodies or wheels are direct fits on this Truggy? Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Someone on another forum posted this review, which I thought was amazing and accurate-Im copying in quotes as it is his/her authorship:

"To start out I want to let everyone know this is one insanely fast truck with awsome handling!!!
    "The Bad"
    Day 1.. Within 5min the motor screws came loose and ate through the spur ( They forgot to apply some loctite)
    Day 2.. After a minor flip the rear carrier cracked, and somehow the knuckle arm screw fell out.
    Day3.. After a collision at about 15 mph the front of the body fractured in about 10 pieces ( I know this may sound impossible but it did indeed happen)
    "The Good"
    (8/10) customer support- I called Chad at team trinity and explained the problems i had and he sent a spur gear,knuckle arm screws, rear carrier. In Less then 1 week I had the parts
    (9/10) Handling- Its the best handling RC mini I have ever driven ( yes even better then a rc1
    (10/10) Acceleration- Its Faster then my best friends VXL Rustler on 9 4000 elite cells (10. to about 50 mph !!!
    (9/10) Top Speed- in stock form it can just about hit 40mph- and with a 17t pinion can break 50mph (wow)
    (9/10) Overall- Unlike most 1/18 scale trucks with a brushless system, This truggy even handles fantasticly at very fast speeds!!! It's One of the best trucks I have ever owned !!!!!!!!
    Tips...
    1. Loctite every screw you can
    2. Check everything out on the truck before you drive it
    3. Set punch control to low and timing to normal (med)
    4. Double check it after your first run
    5. Turn down the servo control to about 3/4 (it helps reduce fliping while turning at fast speeds)
    6. Sell all your other 1/18 trucks, they wont ever seem the same after you drive the "NOW" ...LoL
    7. CALL Team Trinity if you run in to a problem, (if you dont ask them, they cant help you)
    8. Save up and buy every aluminum part avaliable
    9. Add a piece of foam tape to the inside-front of the body to prevent the upper shock screws from cracking the body on impact."

There you have it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got my Now last Tuesday. (ordered from LHS and had it next day!) Got home, opened the box and there was nothing in the place on the chassis where the Mamba should be. I made a call to Chad in Warranty/Tech support and he said he's had it happen before and would send one out Wed. (still waiting.) Then I started reading this forum.... I should have done so before I bought this truck. I'm not saying I don't like it, I haven't even driven it yet, but I can say I really nervous about breaking parts and having isues with it.

I read somewhere Trinity makes a hub adapter to allow you to use other "types" of tires/wheels on it. Don't know where I read it, but maybe that'll help a few of you out there.

Please let me know when someone starts making good aftermarket parts for this thing, I have a feeling I'll need them.

Happy trugging.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good Luck, I have been waiting for parts since feb 9. Trinity customer service is all everyone said it would be. zero. I went in my basement and looked at about a grand worth of trinity stuff I have purchased. This is the last of my money they will get. I think this could be a good little truck but without parts and hobby shop support?????

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As far as this truggy and breakage. I myself have broken a few parts, but over all after a few months of bashing it every thing is holding up well. Out of the box this truggy is capable of going 40 mph and it is only a 1/16 scale. Ever hit something with your real car? I have seen what a 20 mph collishion can do to a real car and it can be pretty bad. So please keep in mind that the speed of this truggy is HUGE for its size. I can out run Jato's (2.5) tmaxx 3.3 and revos with this thing stock. So if you break an A arm or shater a body after rolling or hitting something, take in to account how fast you were going. I bash around my front yard jump roots of the trees run over rocks through mud dirt and basicaly use it as a offroad vehicle. Every thing has held up for over 2 months. I have bent the front shock tower and broke the body, but the hit I took should have broken WAY more than that.
    These are just my openions. I was not there for anyone else's parts brakage so I don't know what happened. I am not trying to make any one mad or call any one a lier. Just saying that I love this truggy and I think it is over all a great rig. As far as parts go A main and Tower (I called them) have both siad they plan on keeping parts for this thing in stock reguraly. They are just wating on the manufacturer (not trinity) to send them.
    Oh I forgot mine is not stock. I do have the optional front metal uprights, but that is all.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: WrongChannel

I read somewhere Trinity makes a hub adapter to allow you to use other "types" of tires/wheels on it. Don't know where I read it, but maybe that'll help a few of you out there.
    Yes they do for 1/12 wheels but I cant find a good set that would work on this. Any suggestions?

I ran my car this weekend, had a speed gun and clocked at 38mph max, so with proper adjustments 40mph+ sounds right. I was disappointed with the parts, I hit a curb at around 10-15mph and the rear hub carrier broke

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast