Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Trinity Now 1st Impression

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trinity Now 1st Impression

Well then you'll just have to wait...
Old 03-16-2008, 09:08 PM
mrskascook

I know all about waiting, The parts were on back order when I got the truggy. I guess i was only fooling myself when I thought the part shortage would be temporary. I'm currently in the back order line at tower and have been since end of Febuary. Now that the snow is gone I'm dying to run this puppy.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:51 PM
KRO

I think the c hubs (front uprights) from the Mini Inferno will fit , the Trininty C hubs fit on the Mini Inferno arms because I tried it .

Maybe try a set of plastic Kyosho c hubs and then get the alloy ones when they are back in stock ?
Old 03-17-2008, 09:15 AM
thetable

let us know how the other parts fit the NOW. I was able to use the KMI rear hub carrier will fit, but not sure about the front. Here is what I have so far on interchangeability: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7184832/tm.htm
Old 03-17-2008, 01:19 PM
hofer07

I have read this thread many, many times. Trinity now does brake, but I bash pretty hard. I really like the truck when it is running and I have tried to keep running even buying another truck off-e-bay to keep it running. I have did the lock tite on the motor screws and I am buying extra large bumpers for the vehicle. I am still running out of parts.

1. Does anybody, anywhere have any spur gears. Is there a work around maybe using a spur gear from the Photon ?

2. I am also intrested in the interchageablity with front/rear suspension arms and c-hubs

3. I would like to upgrade to metal but where can you find them?

The last two magazine have praised Trinity now's in reviews but with no part to be found and reading this thread most places have been out of stock since January where do we go from here

I hate to Junk these trinity now but where does it stop[]
Old 03-17-2008, 02:33 PM
ericke1

I spoke to Trinity about this, they say the reason for all the delays is the car was just released and they have not received shipments from China because of certain labor/shipping delays.

Kits are still available and their suggestion was to buy a new kit and use those parts to run our rigs, unfortunately because the same parts keep on breaking, its hard to follow this logic.

im going to try another month, if no luck, Im retiring the Now for Now, no pun intended
Old 03-17-2008, 08:20 PM
mrskascook

I have good new. In my searches i found that these truggys listed may not be able to interchange all (but most),parts because some are nitro's some are electric. I called a local hobby shop they didn't have parts for trinity but they looked up IRC car parts with the same part # AND BINGO. They had frontend parts in stock. I' m up and running finally.
FTX fury----- elec.
IRC racing vulcan---nitro
IRC racing photon---elect
Trinity Next
Trinity NOw
Old 03-17-2008, 09:52 PM
ericke1

Can you tell us where to order parts from or part numbers that would replace the typical parts we need for the now? From a quick search the vulcan parts seem almost identical and the photon parts seem to be available in alum (even the 17t pinion) from the pictures im placing an order tonight but dont know for sure if it will be worth it Total is around 70 bucks and will take the plunge-will confirm if the parts work
Old 03-17-2008, 11:40 PM
KRO

I got my Mini Inferno ST CVD's and I was able to install the rear alloy arms , I did have to file about .5 mm from the inside of the a arms becasue the Trinity bearing carriers are a little wide for the Mini Inferno ST arms .

But they went right on after that with no problems and the suspension works the same as before ! I have another set of MIP CVD's coming and the Mini Inferno ST front upper arms , I may have to file some from the front lower arms but I am not sure yet .

You also need the Mini Inferno ST turnbuckle set .

Its really nice , the Mini Inferno ST arms make the car about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch wider and I didnt loose any ride height either .

I am betting that if you used all of the Kyosho Mini Inferno ST suspension parts (a arms , upper front arms , turnbuckles and steeering links) and CVD's they would bolt right up . I will probably buy a set of the KMI ST plastic ones in case the alloy doesnt hold up .

I dont have a camera cause I loned it too my son and he hasent returned it yet .
Old 03-18-2008, 11:14 AM
ericke1

Can you post part numbers or links so we dont get it wrong ?
Old 03-18-2008, 12:05 PM
KRO

Front A arms (you need to grind a little away too clear the front drive cups)
[link=http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8978&cat_name=]Mini Inferno ST front a arms[/link]

Front upper arms
[link=http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8752&cat_name=]Mini Inferno ST front upper arms[/link]

Rear a arms (you have to grind a little away to make the Trinity rear bearing carriers too fit)
[link=http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=9244&cat_name=]Mini Inferno rear A arms[/link]

Turnbucle/steering link kit
[link=http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=6387&cat_name=]Mini Inferno ST T/B kit[/link]

MIP CVD's (didnt want to try the aluminum ones , but they should work also)
[link=http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8013&cat_name=]MIP Mini Inferno ST CVD's[/link]

I think if you bought the Mini Inferno rear bearing carriers , front uprights and steering hubs also it would be a complete bolt on except for grinding a little releif for the front drive cups .

Its kinda like buying a wide track kit for the RC18 .......
Old 03-18-2008, 05:40 PM
ericke1

Thanks, that is very helpful, I also ordered the Photon alum parts and if they fit Ill post since they are a little cheaper and also readily available
Old 03-18-2008, 06:27 PM
hofer07

This is good news, but the one part that makes my model move is the SPUR gear.

I have order from IRC photon place and the arms are to short.

I have also ordered a spur gear from them and it looks the same except the holes to connect the slipper clutch are too big. I do not know how the photon connects to the driveshaft.

I am almost ready to get a kyoso mini inferno st at Amain hobby for 98 dollars and use the part from that. By the way why is mini inferno 98 dollars?
Old 03-18-2008, 06:49 PM
KRO

The spur from an Itsy Bitsy Spider will work with some mods , I made an RC18T spur work by trimming a little off one end and drilling 2 holes to mount the slipper clutch too .

You really must set the mesh and use blue lock tite , I was able to make 2mm socket head screws work for the motor so I can tighten it down nice and tight. I have probably 20 or more runs on my current spur gear .
Old 03-18-2008, 06:55 PM
ericke1

ORIGINAL: hofer07

This is good news, but the one part that makes my model move is the SPUR gear.

I have order from IRC photon place and the arms are to short.

I have also ordered a spur gear from them and it looks the same except the holes to connect the slipper clutch are too big. I do not know how the photon connects to the driveshaft.

I am almost ready to get a kyoso mini inferno st at Amain hobby for 98 dollars and use the part from that. By the way why is mini inferno 98 dollars?
Hopefully my parts work, I ordered the 17t pinion, the Hub Carriers, the knuckle arms and uprights that look identical from the Photon, if someobody knows for sure these wont work please let me know so I can try and cancel my order!! THANKS
Old 03-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Archanjl

If you get the Photon dogbones it will work. Get the tie rod turnuckles also. I had to shorten mine to work with the Photon arms. Knuckles and carriers are the same as photon/vulcan/now.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:53 PM
mrskascook

the vulcan uprights and knuckles work like others have found. The front lower a arms DON'T, there alittle short but like someone else said if i ordered shorter dog bones I think everything would match up. the uprights and knuckles did have the same part # as trinity parts. The a arms were P# 30711 and that isn't the same as trinity #. there about .120 thousand short. I'm alittle gunshy of getting alum. a arms. My thinking is maybe the next weak spot would be rear mount on front diff. And i would rather replace arm than that mount. I think I'll really enjoy this truggy now that i have parts.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:01 PM
KRO

Yeah , I am a little leary of the alloy parts , if they dont work then I am going to try the plastic Kyosho ST arms and see if they hold up better than Trinity's
Old 03-19-2008, 08:20 AM
thetable

ORIGINAL: KRO

Yeah , I am a little leary of the alloy parts , if they dont work then I am going to try the plastic Kyosho ST arms and see if they hold up better than Trinity's
ST Arms are longer so they will definitely need other dogbones. You will also have to do some shimming on the outside.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:33 AM
KRO

Already done them , no shimming needed . I did buy MIP CVD's for the Mini Inferno ST though ....
Old 03-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Belker
My Feedback: (9)

God, this is killin' me! I wanted to follow KRO's suggestion for the Kyosho parts from The Toyz, but the MIP CVD's are gone. Do you think that I can use the Kyosho aluminum upgrades (front a-arms, rear a-arms, front upper arms, turnbuckle/steering kit) and substitute the 3racing dogbones (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...8914&cat_name=) all around, since the CVD's are out of stock?
Old 03-20-2008, 10:32 AM
ericke1

The NOW CVDs are in stock at Amain, just buy those
Old 03-20-2008, 12:17 PM
thetable

ORIGINAL: ericke1

They won't work with the KMI arms.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Belker
My Feedback: (9)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericke1

They won't work with the KMI arms.

That's what I figured, and why I was thinking about using the 3racing dogbones instead.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:40 PM
KRO

IF they are for the KMI ST then they will work , I didnt use the 3 Racing CVD's cause they are alloy and I wasnt sure how they would hold up .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.