Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Trinity Now 1st Impression

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:42 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Trinity Now 1st Impression

i was considering getting the NOW but would like to know how durable they are and how fast it goes. i want something small,electric, and brushless so this seems to fit my bill perfectly and the prices are dropping to around 175-180 for one. is it worth the money or is it a waste? thanks for the help
Old 03-20-2008, 03:54 PM
ericke1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

REad this thread, its super fast, handles well but not durable at all, breaks very very easily and replacement parts are very hard to find
Old 03-20-2008, 04:13 PM
ericke1

Has anybody ordered parts from internet-rc.com, I ordered parts for the Photon to use in the NOW over 4 days ago, their number is disconnected, they dont respond to emails and I just got an order acknowledgment

For others, AMAIN has some of the NOW parts in stock again in case you want to try. Tower is still back ordering.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Archanjl

I ordered all my parts from internet RC. No problems.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:38 PM
KRO

I got the KMI ST front upper arms and lower arms too fit , had to file a little away by the drive cup and by the c hubs but everything moves freely . Still waiting on a set of MIP CVD's too complete the install . I still think if you used KMI ST c hubs and steering knuckles it would bolt on with only the filing by the drive cups too do .

Had a chance to run it on a track for the first time and it was running awesome ! Till I munched the rear diff input gear[:@] ! Luckily A Main is back in stock on a lot of parts .

Oh well it was kinda my fault cause I was beating it pretty hard ! The a arms and everything else held up great , I was even clearing a 20 ft tripple , and landing it ! The suspension was soaking up some pretty huge jumps and it corners like its on rails .

Hmmm maybe try the KMI ST gear diffs ?

Now if I could find a fix for the weak diffs then this car is gonna deffinately be my favorite mini outta my 3 .
Old 03-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Belker
My Feedback: (9)

Thanks for the heads-up about the stock status at Amain ericke1. I really only needed the front lower a-arm, so I just orded that (and some spares) along with a few other "stock-up" suspension and steering parts. I'll try boiling them and see if they last longer! If they don't, then I'll follow KRO's lead and interbreed the blasted thing. Glad to hear that your experiment was a success KRO. Congrats!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:27 PM
KRO

Thanks , make sure to try boiling the arms for 20-30 minutes before you install them , mine was taking some pretty good wacks and they didnt break .

If the alloy doesnt work for me then I am going to use KMI ST plastic a arms and hubs , those seem to stay in stock .
Old 03-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Belker

I thought that I might go the route of the Delrin KMI ST arms from TheToys after I discovered the CVD's were all gone, and low-and-behold . . . the plastic was out of stock as well. Shiooooot! Kudos to ericke1 though, he saved my day!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Belker

Hey KRO, while I'm thinking of it, did you by chance try boiling the ball cups on the steering turnbuckles and the servo link to tighten them up around the balls? I was thinking that might take some of the slop out of the linkages.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:07 AM
KRO

Nah , I put on some really small o rings that I have and that helped , putting on the full sized servo did the most for the steering cause I could tighten down the servo saver almost all the way .
Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 AM
chris007

Well i drove it a little yesterday, then took it in to look at it and noticed one of the front outdrives has a small crack in it. First broken part which is good, but do i need a new one if its just cracked?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:27 AM
ericke1

it will still work but will eventually give way, you might want to seal it with silcone so it lasts
Old 03-21-2008, 04:30 PM
mrskascook

I've ran though 2 packs and no problems. Just rippin through the yard and little jumps. a few cart wheels though. NO crashes yet, I did boil the parts like KRO said, He was right when boiling for that long make sure you don't run out of water. I figure I haven't had any crashes cause I finally made a bumper. Thats the way it goes doesn't it. I got new issue of RCCA and they corrected the clocked speed to 33mph out of the box. Of course I got my replacement parts earlier this week from out of town hobby shop then today i got email from tower that my parts ordered in FEB. are in the mail. Hopefully I'll be set NOW. ( no pun intended) For the guys in MICHIGAN Larrys hobby shop in Steerling Heights as Vulcan parts and some trinity parts in stock. Phone # 586.997.4840
Old 03-26-2008, 05:40 PM
ericke1

Where can I get photon or vulcan parts for the NOW? I ordered from Radical RC (formerly internet rc) 2 weeks ago and I finally got an email today saying they did not process my order and that I would have to order from somewhere else? Any sites in HK, I have a friend coming on Mon who can bring it.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:17 PM
mrskascook

hey ericke1 in the post above your last one was the phone # to lhs in michigan that has parts in stock here is a link also http://www.larrysperformancercs.com/...n/category.cgi I've never dealt with them on mail order and I know there site doesn't always show everything they have so call. Thats my recommendation. If it helps.

My bad news is my LipO bit the dust. I only get orange light when charging now. I called and they said ship it to them for replacement. How has this worked out for others. What kind of time frame am i looking at.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:08 AM
Silverfang

I had my lipo come to me bad. I shiped itback to them and got a new one in a week . Not bad concidering I sent it regulay mail. they sent it to me 2 day priority. the new one was fine, but I fryed it doing something stupid. So I went ahead and got a new 2200 battery. I won't send back the battery to trinity cause it was my fault it fryed and I try to be honest.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:33 PM
mrskascook

Silverfang can i ask what you did that was stupidd? I'm just thinking if i ever got the same idea i wouldn't do it if i knew. I think what went wrong with the battery is i trusted the low voltage shut off. I'm gonna either buy a castle link adapter or try to turn on mamba LVS with the tx. The voice in my head said don't trust it but I did. wish i hadn't
Old 03-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Silverfang

Well I was installing a deans connector on the battery...... I did not pay close attention...... The wires touched and poof smoke came out and the battery fried. I was lucky I did not ignight the thing. So it was my own stupidy and carelessness.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:22 AM
thetable

Gotta hate that. One wire at a time on the Deans, and start with the + as that side is the difficult one to get to.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:03 PM
gahendo

Has boiling the plastic help these things plastic hold together better? It has to be the most brittle plastic in a RC ever. I was jumping it into my grass and the rear hubs broke the front of the body shattered. I haven't even driven it 15 minutes yet. Getting ready to pull the motor/controller and buy another inferno ST
Old 03-28-2008, 12:24 PM
thetable

My motor and ESC are sitting in an RC18T as we speak. That is the only good to come out of this thing from my point of view.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Silverfang

Acually I have been thinking of getting a vendetta and droping the ecs and motor in it. I got my NOW working well. But there is very little support. I know I can order for triniy directly, but vendetta parts are readly on hand at the shops I go to. SO when I can sneak a bit of money with out my wife finding out, im going to get a vendetta and just be done with it.

I no longer have the time to mess around with the NOW. I just got a new 8ight-T RTR and I love it. I plan on taking it to the track, and eventualy getting back in to racing. So on days like today when the weather is ****ty and I don't want to mess with the nitro, I will have the vendetta to rip around with.

I used to defend the now, but it is just not worth my time. I enjoy fixing broke RC's or up gradeing them. But it is nice to bash a truck and not have to order parts after every session.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:25 PM
KRO

I had mine on a track and it was running great till I stripped the rear diff input gear , no broken plastic so I think the boiling of the a arms helped . I wasnt being nice to it at all (jumping a 25 foot tripple ! Landed it perfectly a few times !) and it handled everything except the repeated on power landings . Gotta loosen that slipper a little I think .....

I have an all alloy setup on it now from the KMI ST but havent been able too run it yet , still waiting on the diff gears .....

If it still doesnt hold up then I am going to get a KMI ST and transfer the parts I have on the NOW too it . I just like the way the 1/16 cars handle compared to the 1/18's , I am fairly confident that I could run away from my RC18T with the NOW . It just feels so much faster to me .

Thats why I havent given up on the NOW yet .......
Old 03-28-2008, 08:19 PM
mrskascook

installing those deans can be a bit of a pain. I've had almost the same thing happen when i was putting it on a nimh. just a little spark no smoke.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:38 AM
Silverfang

Cool mrskascook glad you did not fry your battries My problem was they not only touched they saudred together lol. Had em both tinned and a secone and that was it. I broke em appart fast to avoid valcano like exploshion, but too late for the battery lol. was intence though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.