Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Trinity Now 1st Impression

i have been running my now for like 50+ charges now, only problem was a shattered body and a dead battery.

Seems like everyone has problems, but a free replaced battery and a duct tape body dont seem SO bad to me.

I love this truck
    Oh ill slap your fro alright
    \"Im just to hot to touch\"- Swollen Members
    Hippo- \"Seriosuly I wasnt that hungry hungry\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm with you bmwnla , its a great car IF you tweak it and make sure that slipper is adjusted properly .

I havent had most of the problems others have had either .
    Ten SCTE , LST2 ,Micro SCT , Tekno 8ight T , RCSC8
    B44 , Hyper 10SC , E-REVO , Micro DT , Tekno D8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I no this has probably been asked, but when do you guys think hop up parts will be avialable? At towerhobbies, they keep on moving the arrival date back farther and farther.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys, just got my NOW in the mail and thought I'd share my views: Overall I am extremely impressed with this truck. The FM transmitter works very well in my opinion and the truck seems very solid. Although I had no problems with my first run keep in mind my protocol when taking a new R/C vehicle for a first run; You guys out there that are veterans with this stuff obviously dont have to go through what I did but for us relatively new guys I think its good advice. Before I connected power to the NOW I did the following

1. I read everything I possibly could online trying to soak up as much knowledge as I could about any issues that arose with this guy.

2. I read the manual for the truck and the Mamba 25 front to pack and paid attention while I did it.

3. I looked over the truck completely checking for anything that seemed out of order. I found one sallen screw to be loose on the rear sway bar but other than that everything was tight.

4. I used thread lock on the motor mount screws which I learned thanks to you guys.

5. I check the truck periodically throughout the run to make sure nothing was coming loose.

6. I didnt try for any crazy jumps seeing as certain parts in my mind should be upgraded prior to this. I kept it basically on the street utilizing the rather large speed bump by my apt. for the only jump which the truck handled great on. I shot the thing off the curb plenty of times also.

7. I made sure everything was in proper order when I was done with the initial run, disconnected the battery and let it rest.

The thing is basically awesome however keep in mind that this is the first four wheel drive R/C I've owned so you can imagine how easily impressed I was with the handling.
    A man with priorities so far out of whack doesn\'\'t deserve such a fine automobile
    -Ferris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Veteran or not your steps are good advice for anyone trying any RC for the first time. usualy the novice is the one to cut corners and have major problems. IMO you did it perfect.
    If it aint broke, fix it till it is!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank for the input Silverfang!!

Now a silly question if you guys can bear with me - How does one go about removing the front wheels from the axle? I removed the nut and tried with some force to remove the wheel but to no avail. Is this just a brute force thing? Thanks

X2Beach - you still have all kinds of parts in stock? Lemme know, thanks.
    A man with priorities so far out of whack doesn\'\'t deserve such a fine automobile
    -Ferris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you are just removing the wheel (like what the tire is mounted on. sounds silly I know ), then once you remove the nut the wheel shoudl pull right off. Yours may be a little snug. Before you yank it off check for any potential damage to either side of the wheel. Pay close attention to where the axle meets the wheel on both sides. You may just have some dirt or rock in there. Or mabey its just on really good. Some one may have cranked down on the nut too hard. You want thoes suckers snug not gorilla toqrued.

If everything looks good, just give it a good pull using steady even pressure. It should pop right off.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks dude, I figured that they should just pop off without any tricks. I will look at them inside and out like you said and try removing it applying even pressure.
    -Ferris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So I took out my NOW for the second time today and ran three batts through it. WOW!! NICE!! I have the voltage cutoff set to nine volts on the Mamba but after 18-20 minutes of run time I shut it down anyways in case the feature doesnt work. Any ideas guys? Is this runtime normal? I do have the esc set to max efficiency and lowest power(timing advance and starting power) but I am still surprised with this length of runtime.

exactly 18 minutes into my third run I had a serious driver error and clipped a curb while showboating so alas I join in the hunt for parts. Although the part finding is frustrating by no means am I upset about what broke when I clipped the curb. I broke a front lower arm(you guys are surprised, right? ) and the front upright on the same side along with the uper arm rod. It was a bad crash and I feel like a moron for letting that crash happen. Oh well, here is what I did for the parts:

lower arm from Tower - they had it in stock

upper arm from amain

upper arm rod from amain

front uprights for the photon from some place I cant remember - hopefully they work - will post results.
    -Ferris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

18 to 20 minets is a good run time. If you have everything set on low you can go longer than that. I would just put every thig on normal. When I first got mine I set everything on normal and got around 20 min of run time befor I shut it off. I upgraded my battery after I fryed my stock one. I got a 2100 3s from venom racing. Raised my battery posts fule tubing and longer screws and it fit right in. After that I set everything to max and got 30 min run time and still no cut off. I stoped cause the motor was really hot.

If you are happy with 20 minet run times then you are fine. If you want even longer times, I would try the max amp 2100 3s packs they have for 1/18 scale. They are good batteries and are cheeper the the venom ones. They run between 50 to 60 bucks. The venom one was 80 at my LHS. you can get the max amps one at maxamps.com.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info. I think I just might purchase the maxamps one. First I want to see if my uprights I ordered for the Vulcan will work. When using a 2100mah battery as opposed to the stock one will you get more power or just more run time due to the higher capacity?
    -Ferris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Okay guys, I figured out some information on who makes these things - at least I think I did. I came up with two company names - AMAX toys and ACME racing. It looks like in the UK they sell an NB16-T which I would bet is the same as the NEXT. Gonna see what I can do about parts. I already e-mailed AMAX and will post what I come up with.
    -Ferris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wootham

Thanks for the info. I think I just might purchase the maxamps one. First I want to see if my uprights I ordered for the Vulcan will work. When using a 2100mah battery as opposed to the stock one will you get more power or just more run time due to the higher capacity?
    you will get more power as well as longer run times. But if you do get the battery I would sugest getting a heat sink for the motor as well. Forgot to mention that. I never did get oen for mine, but I never rant the battery more than 30 min. Yep 30 min and I shut it off not the fail safe. But after thoes runs the motor was blistering hot. When I finally get the vendetta and mod so my 3s 2100 will fit I will definatly have a heat sink. mabey even with a fan.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool, I will definitely go with a heat sink if Im running it for extended periods of time. My brother is sort of torn between the NOW and the Vendetta. Basically because of parts availability for the NOW. I think it is pretty well built and I like the 1/16th size much better than 1/18th. I ordered some aluminum front uprights for the Team VTX MST1 - ever heard of it? The part number is the same as it is for the Trinity and the picture looks totally identical. Speaking of which do you have any ideas on where to get parts?

When you get the Vendetta are you going to put the stock motor, electronics from the NOW in it?
    -Ferris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea im gong to put the motor and maomba in to the vendetta. honestly if your brother wants a 1/16 then get the kyosho st. parts are much easier to find. As for the now parts, there is suposed to be a manufacture problem and that is why A main and tower can only get a few parts at a time. But if our brother wants a solid mini that is very durable go for the vendetta. I ahve seen thoes come down from 20 feet in the air land nose first flip 10 times and nothing broke. Not saying I would try that myself, but they are very durable. That is why I am getting one.
    If you desperatly need parts for the NOW. You can order them from Trinity directly. I did not have good experiances with their CS department, but others said they have had good serivece.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Silverfang

yea im gong to put the motor and maomba in to the vendetta. honestly if your brother wants a 1/16 then get the kyosho st. parts are much easier to find. As for the now parts, there is suposed to be a manufacture problem and that is why A main and tower can only get a few parts at a time. But if our brother wants a solid mini that is very durable go for the vendetta. I ahve seen thoes come down from 20 feet in the air land nose first flip 10 times and nothing broke. Not saying I would try that myself, but they are very durable. That is why I am getting one.
    If you desperatly need parts for the NOW. You can order them from Trinity directly. I did not have good experiances with their CS department, but others said they have had good serivece.
    Again, I appreciate your help. My brother is caught up on the size comparison between the two - he really likes the 1/16th size(as do I). I actually found a place that has a bunch of parts for the Team VTX MST1 and most of them are identical. I know this because I ordered a bunch and they worked!! I now have a couple of extra parts. I boiled all the suspension arms(except the front upper ones) and have aluminum uprights in the front and aluminum beaaring carriers in the back. Since I made those modifications I have been having a lot of fun with the NOW. It really is super freaking fast and the power and handling is really good imo. I have been flipping it and rolling it and have broken anything other than a body post which we can all deal with. I hope it continues to work so well. Am I off my rocker or will the Vendetta ST not handle as well due to it being smaller and weighing less?

Now I cant wait to order a 2200 LIPO and a 17t pinion gear. The magazine review I read(which resulted in me purchasing the NOW that same day) said the gearing has a 15t pinion gear - mine is 13t. I would prefer a 15 over a 17 for a little better balance between top end and torque. Which one do you have? Are you going to get rid of your NOW? Lemme know if you do. Thanks again!!

-Ferris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

GOOD news, like I mentioned last week my lipo died. I sent it to Trinity snail mail with letter explaining problem i had (sent march 31, rcved april 7) I got my new battery today. Everything is good once again. Only breakage is body post from sliding on lid in street. I had extra's so no problem. Think I'm gona get castle link adapter so set LVS. The beeps are to much of a pain for me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

glad to hear you are up and running again mrskacook!

wootham
    I dont know if I am going to sell the now. but I tryed running it one las time on friday. not sure what the problem is, but something striped. The drive shave does not trun, and when I turn it by hand the front wheels don't turn lol. I am glad you have your running and running well. I just don't want to put any more money in to the now because I plan on racing my 8ight-t.
    I am going to clean up and check out the NOW wither this friday or sat. After that I will decide if I want it or not. If I no longer want it, make me a fair offer and ill ship it to ya. I will include verything except a battery, motor and ecs . need thoes for the vendetta when I get it. I will also post a list of things that are wrong with the NOW.
    No I do not think that the vendetta will handle at higher speeds like the now does. Simply the now is wider. But on a track, if both have the same ecs/ motor it would come down to driving skill. The vendetta will corner faster but the now is more stable at high speeds. I am no expert on 1/18 or 1/16 but that is my thoughts.
    My pinion is a 13 tooth. never even noticed that lol. I would recomend the 17 if you are not racing on a track, and a 15 if you are. the 17 will give inspane top speed, and the 15 will give you a good ballance for the track.
    Glad you are enjoying your truck. Post a pic when you can I would like to see what you have done to it. [:-]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ran my NOW on Sunday for 5 mins, it hit a sidewalk, the wheel cracked, the front upper arm came off and the turnbuckle cracked. And ofcourse none of the metal parts are available so what a pain.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ericke1

I ran my NOW on Sunday for 5 mins, it hit a sidewalk, the wheel cracked, the front upper arm came off and the turnbuckle cracked. And ofcourse none of the metal parts are available so what a pain.
    exactly why I am getting a vendetta, or and xray.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How about the IRC photon, is that a durable mini, RC Car Action said it also ran 40 mph

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the IRC photon is the same manufacture as the NOW. The parts are simmular and so is the set up. If you really want a durable mini I would stick to the names that you hear all the time. Like Xray, 18T or MT, Vendetta or Mini'T/ Mini LST. The Now seems to take up too much of my time and money to truly enjoy a Mini.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Silverfang

glad to hear you are up and running again mrskacook!

wootham
    I dont know if I am going to sell the now. but I tryed running it one las time on friday. not sure what the problem is, but something striped. The drive shave does not trun, and when I turn it by hand the front wheels don't turn lol. I am glad you have your running and running well. I just don't want to put any more money in to the now because I plan on racing my 8ight-t.
    I am going to clean up and check out the NOW wither this friday or sat. After that I will decide if I want it or not. If I no longer want it, make me a fair offer and ill ship it to ya. I will include verything except a battery, motor and ecs . need thoes for the vendetta when I get it. I will also post a list of things that are wrong with the NOW.
    No I do not think that the vendetta will handle at higher speeds like the now does. Simply the now is wider. But on a track, if both have the same ecs/ motor it would come down to driving skill. The vendetta will corner faster but the now is more stable at high speeds. I am no expert on 1/18 or 1/16 but that is my thoughts.
    My pinion is a 13 tooth. never even noticed that lol. I would recomend the 17 if you are not racing on a track, and a 15 if you are. the 17 will give inspane top speed, and the 15 will give you a good ballance for the track.
    Glad you are enjoying your truck. Post a pic when you can I would like to see what you have done to it. [:-]
    I agree with your view on it coming down to driving skill on a track. I could give my girlfriend my NOW and beat her with my Micro T Granted it is pretty modified.

I took some pics but cannot find the goofy docking station power supply. I will get them up soon. I have not done much other than boil a bunch of parts and install aluminum front uprights and and one aluminum rear bearing carrier (I tried installing the other alum. bearing carrier and ended up boiling it because I could not get the bearings into it - any ideas? I was thinking I could just use a dremel and bore it out). I ordered a Venom 2100 20c 3s LIPO and a 17t pinion gear - should be here tom. or the day after. I will let you know about speed increases. I GPSed my NOW stock with the ESC settings turned down and it did about 24 MPH. Part of me wants to say I'm disappointed but it has SO MUCH torque and it really seems to fly. I will GPS it again with the upgraded batt. and the 17t pinion gear. If torque is not an issue with the 17t I would like to keep it on the truck. Do you think this could have damaging affects on the motor?

I would like to install a Losi 1/18 Xcelorin 9400Kv Brushless Motor - LOSB9463. It says it is a 280 size so I am thinking it will fit. Will it work with the Mamba 25? Do you think it would increase speed and power enough to make it worth it?

Thanks
    -Ferris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ericke1

Dude did you boil any of your parts? If not you gotta try it it is SOOOO much better. They have much more play in them when boiled properly. As for metal parts you can get replacement parts for the TEAM VTX MST1 - thats what I did and they work like a champ.
    -Ferris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mrskascook is your NOW still holding up? hope to hear good news! I am enjoying mine so far.
    -Ferris

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast