Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Trinity Now 1st Impression

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:43 PM
tom korn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trinity Now 1st Impression

I really like mine, but the gears are going bad, and I noticed the date has moved from early April to late April.

Can I assume they may be months away? And why?

I am very close to moving the gear to an XRay.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Silverfang

ORIGINAL: tom korn

I really like mine, but the gears are going bad, and I noticed the date has moved from early April to late April.

Can I assume they may be months away? And why?

I am very close to moving the gear to an XRay.
I would expect the parts to keep getting pused back. I have been watching the parts being pushed back since Jan. It has something to do withthe manufacturer of the parts in china. Not exactly sure what.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Silverfang

ORIGINAL: wootham

ORIGINAL: Silverfang

glad to hear you are up and running again mrskacook!

wootham
I dont know if I am going to sell the now. but I tryed running it one las time on friday. not sure what the problem is, but something striped. The drive shave does not trun, and when I turn it by hand the front wheels don't turn lol. I am glad you have your running and running well. I just don't want to put any more money in to the now because I plan on racing my 8ight-t.
I am going to clean up and check out the NOW wither this friday or sat. After that I will decide if I want it or not. If I no longer want it, make me a fair offer and ill ship it to ya. I will include verything except a battery, motor and ecs . need thoes for the vendetta when I get it. I will also post a list of things that are wrong with the NOW.
No I do not think that the vendetta will handle at higher speeds like the now does. Simply the now is wider. But on a track, if both have the same ecs/ motor it would come down to driving skill. The vendetta will corner faster but the now is more stable at high speeds. I am no expert on 1/18 or 1/16 but that is my thoughts.
My pinion is a 13 tooth. never even noticed that lol. I would recomend the 17 if you are not racing on a track, and a 15 if you are. the 17 will give inspane top speed, and the 15 will give you a good ballance for the track.
Glad you are enjoying your truck. Post a pic when you can I would like to see what you have done to it. [:-]
I agree with your view on it coming down to driving skill on a track. I could give my girlfriend my NOW and beat her with my Micro T Granted it is pretty modified.

I took some pics but cannot find the goofy docking station power supply. I will get them up soon. I have not done much other than boil a bunch of parts and install aluminum front uprights and and one aluminum rear bearing carrier (I tried installing the other alum. bearing carrier and ended up boiling it because I could not get the bearings into it - any ideas? I was thinking I could just use a dremel and bore it out). I ordered a Venom 2100 20c 3s LIPO and a 17t pinion gear - should be here tom. or the day after. I will let you know about speed increases. I GPSed my NOW stock with the ESC settings turned down and it did about 24 MPH. Part of me wants to say I'm disappointed but it has SO MUCH torque and it really seems to fly. I will GPS it again with the upgraded batt. and the 17t pinion gear. If torque is not an issue with the 17t I would like to keep it on the truck. Do you think this could have damaging affects on the motor?

I would like to install a Losi 1/18 Xcelorin 9400Kv Brushless Motor - LOSB9463. It says it is a 280 size so I am thinking it will fit. Will it work with the Mamba 25? Do you think it would increase speed and power enough to make it worth it?

Thanks
I have no Idea how the Xeclotin would perform. But the mamba 25 will run it no worries. The motor that comes on the now is only around 5200kv so that 9400kv would be significantly faster. Just a warning the more speed the more things break. You start sending a 1/16 scal at 50 mph + and things will break. But if you are wanting speed that 9400kv and the Venom bat will get it for ya. But hold off on the 9400kv till you get the battery and 17 tooth. You may be content with just that and upping the ECS setting on the mamba 25. If that is not enough go for the 9400kv.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:40 PM
mrskascook

wootham

yep its all good here. I haven't broke any parts since I made the bumper. What i learned is i don't seem to break parts if i don't try to drive in the house. I probly ran 4 packs in the street,yard have done numberous cartwheels from turning to quick and grazed a tree. wasn't going fast when bumped into tree. never broke a thing. today bought castle adapter ( adjusting with was tx just wasn't for me. ) Got to say I'd like just alittle more speed, but till i break something i hate to mess with a good thing. I though someone said earlier that the factory motor was 44oo kv. It seems that grassy yard isn't the best area to drive. Wish I had dirt track close by. I haven't really jumped it yet. not much ground clearance. (compared to stampede)
Old 04-11-2008, 07:25 AM
Silverfang

Humm well if it is a 4400 kv then that 9400kv will seem even faster lol.[:'(]
Old 04-11-2008, 12:17 PM
wootham

Silverfang - That is exactly what I am doing - waiting on picking up the 9400KV Losi motor until I can se what the Venom and the 17t do. I just got the stuff last night and went ahead and soldered and sealed my connectors onto my Venom but did not start charging it until now. It was raining last night. I am going to install the 17t pinion gear now. If the weather holds up today and it stays dry outside I will take it out and let you guys know what happens. It will probably take like four hours to charge the Venom at a rate of 750mah. Cant wait [8D]

Mrskascook - Thats awesome thaat things are running well for you!! Great to hear!! Does your Castle Link plug directly into your Mamba 25? If so, where? Just curious. I noticed that the Mamba Max has a mini USB connector which the Mamba 25 does not.

Love this truck!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 01:27 PM
thetable

ORIGINAL: wootham
Does your Castle Link plug directly into your Mamba 25? If so, where? Just curious. I noticed that the Mamba Max has a mini USB connector which the Mamba 25 does not.
Castle link plugs into the RX plug on the ESC. And on the other end of the Castle Link, you connect to the computer with the included USB cable. MM, basically has the Castle link built in.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Silverfang

Let me know how that bat and 17 tooth go
Old 04-11-2008, 06:14 PM
wootham

Thanks for the info on the Castle Link TheTable, I appreciate it.

Well Silverfang I finally got to try the 17t and Venom out. FYI the 17t pinion gears fron Tower(at least the ones I got) WILL NOT fit on the motor shaft of the stock NOW motor - they are too small. Since the the hole in the center of the pinion gear has to be perfectly in line with the teeth I figured a drill press would be a good idea instead of a cordless. I took it to my local hardware store where the guy drilled it to fit perfectly but it would have never meshed properly 'cause it was all wobbly. He didnt notice and I didnt say anything. I bought the drill bit and took it home. I got the hole perfect in the one I tried(glad I had two) by pure luck. Just had to share that story.

With the 17t pinion gear and the Venom 2100 it was definetly faster but not that much faster. I will clock it tonight and give you the speed if it doesnt start raining. I had the timing on the Mamba set to race(maybe I will try it set to extreme tonight) and the start up power high. It of course lost a little low-end power but not much. It would take off no problem in the grass. If I was to race it on a 1/18th track though I would definitely put the 13t back in. I ran it around like crazy for almost 25 minutes and then stopped. I didnt care to wait for the voltage shut-off to kick in. So with usually having diminished run times due to installation of a bigger pinion I am happy with 25 minutes with the Venom.

On an afterthought I did cartwheel the crap out of the thing and flipped it a few times this run and nothing broke!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:21 PM
mrskascook

New problem for me. got that castle link set my LVS, ran a pack everything was good. So why stop there. Used the castle link adapter and updated the firmware. I had already did this on my mamba max in the stampede and it reduced cogging and motor heat. well it didn't work so well for mamba 25. I cant get it to accept end point setting. steering still work no forward or reverse at all. So i tried to undo revision and uninstalled software on pc, reinstalled it connect pc to mamba and it wouldn't acknowledge mamba 25 had to update firmware then it acknowledged it was connected, updated setting BUT NOTHING CHANGED. I need help on this one guys
Old 04-11-2008, 06:58 PM
mrskascook

Problem fixed and heres how. goto this link it worked but took a few tries like they said it might. Although i only got firmware 1.16 to work I'm gona leave well enough alone.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_71...tm.htm#7367635
Old 04-11-2008, 07:04 PM
wootham

Glad you found that link! I know how frustrating it is when you're down. I will keep this in mind if I ever try to update the firmware. Have you aver clocked your NOW? Any idea on your top speeds?

Old 04-11-2008, 07:13 PM
mrskascook

no i haven't clocked it yet. I thought about getting my wife to drive car and I'd sit in passenger seat and drive NOW in front of us. I kinda worry about both of us getting distracted. Or if NOW hit a big bump flipping over and her (wife) driving over it.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:13 PM
wootham

I know what you mean. I clocked mine with my Girlfriend's GPS - got low twentys(MPH) - with stock batt and 13t. Im gonna try it late tonight if it is pretty dry out. Im hoping for maybe high twentys with the 17t and the Venom.

My diffs are fine and the truck rolls freely forward and backwards and yet the Review in Xtreme car action said it clocked the NOW at just over 41 MPH stock with a 15t pinion gear. I find that difficult to believe. Im wondering if a 9400KV motor with my setup would get me close to 40MPH. If not I really think I am going to get a MAmba max and get a 4 cell Lipo. If that doesn't do it I dont know what will.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:50 PM
KRO

You guys must have something wrong then , cause my NOW is only a little slower than my brushless RC18T and I have radard it at 42 mph .
Old 04-11-2008, 10:01 PM
wootham

ORIGINAL: KRO

You guys must have something wrong then , cause my NOW is only a little slower than my brushless RC18T and I have radard it at 42 mph .

KRO - what could it be dude? The wheels wobble a little as they do on most R/C trucks. Could it be the motor? Mine seems fine and has loads of torque. Would you please give me a rundown of your entire ESC settings? I will try to match it and see what I come up with.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:37 PM
KRO

I have the starting power set on high , and timing is set on extreme , no drag brake , brake power is 70% , 0 punch controll .
Old 04-12-2008, 02:57 PM
mrskascook

I have my start up on med.,this made all cogging go away. timing 15, no drag, Im going by memory i set punch to 10, my thinking was this might make diffs last alittle longer. brake was left at default
Old 04-12-2008, 03:03 PM
mrskascook

? for those that deal with tower hobbies. i have an order over $150, and a coupon code for $10 off order of $50. Can i make 3 different orders and save $30 and get free shipping. I know i can use code for $15 off on order over $150 and get free shipping. Have any of you done it personally.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:43 AM
wootham

I think Tower will only let you use a coupon code once but am not sure. I will check this out on my next order.

What is up with having a drag brake setting and a punch control setting? Are you guys using the Mamba 25 that came with the NOW? Do you have firmware updates?
Old 04-14-2008, 10:08 AM
thetable

ORIGINAL: mrskascook

? for those that deal with tower hobbies. i have an order over $150, and a coupon code for $10 off order of $50. Can i make 3 different orders and save $30 and get free shipping. I know i can use code for $15 off on order over $150 and get free shipping. Have any of you done it personally.
Would it be worth it by the time you payed shipping 3 times?
Old 04-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Silverfang

If you are only getting low 20''s then something is wrong. I''m at work but just of the top of my head I was set to race and max take off and I know I was doing in to the 30''s. Make sure you are not binding in the gears any where and that the slipper is set well.

You can run that venom batt for 30 min easy even on extream and 17 tooth. I ran mine for 45 with the 13 tooth and race setting and still had plenty of power.

A bit pressed for time but keep the battries charged and and the wheels truning.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:27 PM
ericke1

I have finally been enjoying the now without breaking anything, at least 4 runs of 15-20 mins each. I want to upgrade the knuckle arms, uprights, hub carriers but as you know all out of stock. If I get the options for the Vulcan/Photon for these, will they fit directly? Same screws will work?

Also the Now CVDS are in stock, can I get those and use them directly with the Photon parts listed above?
Old 04-14-2008, 01:42 PM
wootham

Silverfang -

All the gears are very smooth. Both diffs and the pinion/spur mesh. I will take a look at the slipper and let you know what I find. I have not had a chance to test the Venom out for a full run but am hoping to get at least thirty minutes out of it.

ericke1 -

You can get aluminumn rear hub carriers, aluminum front uprights at myhobbydepot.com Purchase the ones for the Team VTX MST1. Go under parts for 1/16 gas off-road. These parts will most absolutely work. I purchased them for myself - they are the same!! Im in a hurry right now but if you have trouble finding them let me know. Also it is better to call than order them online. I paid about nine bucks for prioprity USPS and got the parts in two days.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:16 PM
mrskascook

thetable
thats my point, if i use this code would the shipping still be free, I''m thinking not. I went ahead and pulled the trigger, order has been made using $15 off code.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.