Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Trinity Now 1st Impression

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Silverfang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trinity Now 1st Impression

yea minigranis. thoes are the front "C" hubs. If you want to order parts the the front and rear uprights, front and rear lower arms, and front and rear upper arms at least.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:24 PM
minigranis

Thanks, bummer that Amain has a good price but no spareparts and Tower will not Airship it....
Any other suggestions on where to look for a Now with spareparts with international shipping ?
Old 01-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Silverfang

You can call Trinity 732-562-1234. I know the international tolls can be a lot so best bet is to go to www.tematrinity.com and go to http://www.teamtrinity.com/support/shipping.asp and they have a place to click on for international shiping.

TRINITY PRODUCTS INC. CAN NOT ship fuel overseas due to international hazmat issues. We are sorry for this inconvenience. TRINITY PRODUCTS INC. guarantees shipping only to the United States. For shipping status of other countries, please send inquiries to [email protected]. Please note that in many cases we are unable to ship outside the U.S.

For a listing of international dealers, click here.

That is what they say. But there is no link that I see. so I would shoot them an E mail at [email protected]. Other wise I have seen no other place that sells parts fro this ride. I guess it is just too new at the moment.

Try http://search.horizonhobby.com/index...ity%20next&N=0 if all else fails. I know horizon hobby ships over seas and most fo the parts for the Trinity NEXT will fit the NOW. But the done have the front lower arms.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:39 PM
KRO

minigranis , yep thats them , I call them C hubs but Trinity calls them uprights ....
Old 01-05-2008, 10:33 PM
850R

ORIGINAL: x2beach

I own maxamp packs myself I like them. what I was trying to say is the Trinity packs are so cheap I just cant see spending $60 on the maxamps.. for this car. I am getting 20mins of run time with the 1350 packs.. and I like that they have Low Voltage circuit built in.. and at $30 a pop you cant go wrong

Where are you getting them for "$30 a pop"?? Please let me know as I can't find them cheaper than 49
Old 01-06-2008, 12:02 AM
KRO

[link=http://www.aero-nuts.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_57&products_id=453]2200mAh battery[/link]

[link=http://www.aero-nuts.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_57&products_id=452]1800 mAh battery [/link]

I have both of these and they are good batteries , both fit without mods also .
Old 01-06-2008, 04:34 PM
KRO

Ok , now I am starting too wonder ...... I was running my NOW indoors and clipped the wall , pretty hard but not REALLY hard .

The a arm shatterd , it didnt crack , the thing broke into 4 separate peices ![:@]

I had a spare pair onhand , so not a real biggie . But I thought before I install them I would try the old boil the parts trick to give the plastic some flex . Boiled them for about 20 minutes , and then let them air cool on a paper towel .

I couldnt belive the difference from the non boiled part ! It has a little give too it now where as the unboiled part is very ridgid .

So far they have been holding up , I am going to try Aluminum a arms from a Mini Inferno ST , they seem to be the same thing , maybe I wont need them if the boiled stockers hold up .
Old 01-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Dokioto

The Trinity NEXT comes with Aluminum arms.. Might try those, thier tough.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:08 PM
KRO

True , I forgot too check the parts listing for the NEXT , oh well if the Mini Inferno ST a arms work , they will be less for a set than the Trinity ones are for a pair ?

Check them out , they look almost identical too the stock plastic ones ...

They should be here by Wednesday or Thursday , I will post my results ......
Old 01-07-2008, 03:52 AM
jdwebmaster

yeah i just threw some stock mini inferno ones after i broke a rear a arm. the only other thing i had to change out was the bog bones since the inferno ones are wider. but it does make the truck look and handle alot better. ill try to get video once the rains clear over here. I also replaced the stock battery with a 2200 mah 20c Venom pack and now this think is crazy fast
Old 01-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Silverfang

I found aluminum lower front arms and upright on southeastrc.com they are for the next not the now. but they should be the same thing correct? The arms and the uprights?
Old 01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
KRO

Yep they are the same thing ....
Old 01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: Silverfang

I found aluminum lower front arms and upright on southeastrc.com they are for the next not the now. but they should be the same thing correct? The arms and the uprights?
Ya, Just like I said a few posts ago..

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPDP7&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPDP6&P=7
Old 01-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Silverfang

thanks Dokioto, I knew you said the arms but was unsure about the uprights. Thanks for the help
Old 01-08-2008, 01:02 AM
chunki

While I like the Now, I'm having a difficult time getting a replacement Spur gear for it...Shreaded the spur gear after about 2minutes of use...Like what I initially saw but been trying to get a replacement for since Dec 17th. 2 emails and 3 phone calls with customer service(covered under warranty) and still no replacement spur gear...Anyone else having isssues getting replacement parts from trinity ...My initial excitement is now long gone....
Old 01-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Jeremy1976

ORIGINAL: chunki

While I like the Now, I'm having a difficult time getting a replacement Spur gear for it...Shreaded the spur gear after about 2minutes of use...Like what I initially saw but been trying to get a replacement for since Dec 17th. 2 emails and 3 phone calls with customer service(covered under warranty) and still no replacement spur gear...Anyone else having isssues getting replacement parts from trinity ...My initial excitement is now long gone....
Unfortunately that is common with most anything that is new and hot like this Now. I wish I would of ordered some right away with my order. However when I get mine tomorrow I am going to take the advice from the guys on here and blue loctite the mount screws.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:28 AM
KRO

Wow chunki , I got my parts in 2 days after I ordered them from Trinity .
Old 01-08-2008, 03:29 AM
chunki

Not exactly what I like to hear, since I have had 3 phone conversations with them and each time they promised to send it out.......I purchased this directly from them and received the car on Dec 14th....order the spur gear on the 17th, replaced under warranty but after a week nothing . Contacted them again, it was never sent out so , waited another week nothing c....ontaced Trinity a 3rd time said I should have it by last Friday....Now it Jan 8th nothing...sent an email to customer service again yesterday, no response....

So nearly 1month of ownership 2minutes of run time.....still waiting for replacement spur gear...should not be this hard to get 1 spur gear no matter how new the car is....maybe I should just buy the part probably get it sooner than warranty replacement
Old 01-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Silverfang

Did they ever give you a RMA number? I had to return my battery and before I sent it out they gave me a RMA number. My battery will not get to them till this thursday, sent it cheeeep mail. So we will see if they give me a run around like it seems they are giving you. I have spoken to them a few times and they seemed very nice. Of corse that means little in the big picture. If they have gave you a RMA number, I sugest you call them and ask one more time about it. If they still have not sent it out ask to speak to that person's manager. Usualy that gets things done. If that manager gives you the run around ask to speak to that person's manager and so on and so on. Some time you have to be an ass to get things done. It sucks but you pay for something you expect good service. At least I do.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:52 AM
ludeman

Hey Chunki, I too am still waiting for a outdrive that I broke on Xmas day. I got to run my truck for 3min before it broke[] I even got a RMA but still no response from my emails. Hmm I hope they are just busy and not just crappy C/S
Old 01-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Jeremy1976

Not exactly what I like to hear, since I have had 3 phone conversations with them and each time they promised to send it out.......I purchased this directly from them and received the car on Dec 14th....order the spur gear on the 17th, replaced under warranty but after a week nothing . Contacted them again, it was never sent out so , waited another week nothing c....ontaced Trinity a 3rd time said I should have it by last Friday....Now it Jan 8th nothing...sent an email to customer service again yesterday, no response....

So nearly 1month of ownership 2minutes of run time.....still waiting for replacement spur gear...should not be this hard to get 1 spur gear no matter how new the car is....maybe I should just buy the part probably get it sooner than warranty replacement
I do not blame you for being upset. Sorry for your frustration.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Silverfang

hey guys just got off the phone with trinity trying to order the front uprights and front lower suspension arms. The lady on the phone really seemed like she had no clue what she was doing. I asked for the aluminum versions and she told me they did not have them. I ordered the nylon ones just so I get the truck back running. I understand the frustration you guys have.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:57 AM
chunki

Hi,

No RMA # was given to me.......talked with 2 different people and none of them asked for the shreaded spur gear back, all were really nice and apologized for not getting me the part. I was giving them the some slack because of the holidays and its recent release but if it doesn't arrive today ........I was told my part was sent out UPS ground on DEC 26th because they also included a free carry bag, the nice lady even confirmed it after a follow up call the following day....I'm in Ca. so it should have arrived on Friday.... I guess if I didn't get that free bag they would have sent it via mail....i hope others get their replacement parts in a timely manner and this is just a fluke....
Old 01-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Jeremy1976

Hi,

No RMA # was given to me.......talked with 2 different people and none of them asked for the shreaded spur gear back, all were really nice and apologized for not getting me the part. I was giving them the some slack because of the holidays and its recent release but if it doesn't arrive today ........I was told my part was sent out UPS ground on DEC 26th because they also included a free carry bag, the nice lady even confirmed it after a follow up call the following day....I'm in Ca. so it should have arrived on Friday.... I guess if I didn't get that free bag they would have sent it via mail....i hope others get their replacement parts in a timely manner and this is just a fluke....

Well at least they gave you something like that cool little bag. They could of sent you a tracking number as well being it was sent UPS. Trinity has been known in the past for poor CS. I hope they start changing there ways.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
chunki

Hi ,

I posted a reply to your other post regarding this.......but yes I just got off the phone again with Trinity, since it was sent out UPS they should have a tracking #. The nice lady is following up for me and will call me back within a couple hours. Unfortunately she remembers the part should have been shipped on the 26th but this was only a verbal from shipping department ,she is now following up that it got shipped. If it didn't I asked her to expedite the spur gear for me. The Bag was a freebie because I order on line directly with Trinity it was part of the promotion.....if you purchased the Now..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.