Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Trinity Now 1st Impression

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:35 PM
ericke1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trinity Now 1st Impression

ORIGINAL: wootham

ericke1 -

You can get aluminumn rear hub carriers, aluminum front uprights at myhobbydepot.com Purchase the ones for the Team VTX MST1. Go under parts for 1/16 gas off-road. These parts will most absolutely work. I purchased them for myself - they are the same!! Im in a hurry right now but if you have trouble finding them let me know. Also it is better to call than order them online. I paid about nine bucks for prioprity USPS and got the parts in two days.
Hi Wootham.

Here is what I want to get, please tell me if they all will work, also I need the screws to install in this area as Im missing one of them, u know what to get? How about the upper suspension arm? I cant find those.

http://www.myhobbydepot.com/servlet/...obby%2C/Detail

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20601

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20602

Old 04-14-2008, 04:39 PM
wootham

Yes, all three of the items you have selected to go with from myhobbydepot will work just fine. When you install the rear hub carriers make sure you install both of them as they have a slightly diff. angle than the stock plastic ones. Be very careful removing and inserting the bearings from the carriers. It is possible that you might need to file a small amount of space in the rear carriers to get the bearings to fit. This is NOT because they are not the correct part, it is just because of the way they are made. Here''s a tip when you are looking for parts in the future - compare the part number of the part you want to the part number from a place like towerhobbies ignoring the first three lettters and paying attention only to the numbers. If the numbers match chances are you''re in luck.

As for the CVD''s from amain - they appear to be correct but I have not used them like I have with the parts from myhobbydepot. Unless there is some performance reason for you to use this upgrade I would recommend using the stoock dogbones as tehy are much cheaper. Good luck!!

As for the screws you can purchase the ones you need from tower. I just checked and they seem to have them in stock or you just go to your local hardware store or to a place like Home Depot.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:34 PM
mrskascook

So whos replaced the drive gear that comes off shaft that connects to spur gear? I looked it up in NOW parts book and it shows 32343 pn, its called gear and shaft. This http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20624 I can''t see a gear in bag, but thats what its called.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:43 PM
KRO

The company that makes them mis-packaged them and didnt include the gear or the screw too mount it .

I called Trinity and they know about the problem , been waiting 2 weeks for a couple of them !

Sorry too say I am loosing faith in this truck .
Old 04-14-2008, 08:13 PM
mrskascook

KRO thanks for that very important info. So I guess I''ll be on the phone with Trinity tomorrow. Hate to say it but I feel that I have enough extra parts that I feeel like i can''t give up on her NOW.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:16 PM
ericke1

THANKS!! I actually need these screws, any idea where I can get them since Omni, Tower, Trinity and Amain are all out of stock:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPDB2&P=Z

Yes, all three of the items you have selected to go with from myhobbydepot will work just fine. When you install the rear hub carriers make sure you install both of them as they have a slightly diff. angle than the stock plastic ones. Be very careful removing and inserting the bearings from the carriers. It is possible that you might need to file a small amount of space in the rear carriers to get the bearings to fit. This is NOT because they are not the correct part, it is just because of the way they are made. Here''''s a tip when you are looking for parts in the future - compare the part number of the part you want to the part number from a place like towerhobbies ignoring the first three lettters and paying attention only to the numbers. If the numbers match chances are you''''re in luck.

As for the CVD''''s from amain - they appear to be correct but I have not used them like I have with the parts from myhobbydepot. Unless there is some performance reason for you to use this upgrade I would recommend using the stoock dogbones as tehy are much cheaper. Good luck!!

As for the screws you can purchase the ones you need from tower. I just checked and they seem to have them in stock or you just go to your local hardware store or to a place like Home Depot.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:10 AM
wootham

No problem dude. I know what it was like when I was looking for parts - especially aluminum. You will love the parts from myhobbydepot.com. I am thinking about purchasing the rear susp. arms that they sell. Dont know if they will work for sure but I would bet on it. if only they sold some front aluminum ones.

I''m tellin'' ya dude, head on down to the hardware store. Bring one with you and if you cant then bring the part with you and find one yourself. You should be able to.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Silverfang

when ever I need screws I usualy hit the LHS and look around. Most of the time the screws I need are there. If not I find them at the Hardware store as well.

This truck was a great Idea. But it really needs to be re done. The dif gears need better metal in them, the engine mount neds to be completely redisigned and the plastic is basicaly crap. If you look bas in this thread I defended this truck in the beginning. Now I just cant any more. If I break things cause I am bashing I''m cool with it. But if I can''t find parts fof it..... Sigh same song and dance.

I will keep checking this thread and offer what little help I can. I found out that the vendetta can''t take that venom batt with out some serious mods. So I may get an inferno 1/16 like 90 bucks from A main.

Till then thoes that have the NOW running. Rock on!
Old 04-15-2008, 06:43 PM
mrskascook

I called TRINITY today. explained the gear that i need. Toni let me know they expect a shipment in soon. Which means they don''t have them in stock. I''m alittle pesimistic, she was very nice and helpful. The odd thing is she took my order asked my address and name, then asked for my phone #, Then said ok as soon as these come in I''ll call ya to let you know the status. The odd thing was she never said anything about payment or price on them. I also said I''ll take 3. As you see in the beginning of this post she gave me her name, along with that her extention. I guess time will tell.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Silverfang

good luck
Old 04-16-2008, 11:40 AM
wootham

Still wondering on where you guys get a punch control and a drag brake setting.

Anyone have any idea of how a Wraith 7K or a Novak 380 Mongoose setup would work in the NOW? Would a 380 can fit with the stock motor mount?

Old 04-16-2008, 01:53 PM
thetable

Castle Link FTW
Old 04-16-2008, 02:30 PM
KRO

It comes with the newest software revision , and yes you need the Castle Link too get it .
Old 04-18-2008, 08:50 PM
wootham

Question for you guys: The stock motor on the Trinity Now has a 3mm shaft and the shaft on a Castle 8000KV is 2mm. Will this cause a problem with the pinion gear or will the pinion gear sit tight once you tighten down the set screw?
Wondering if it will wobble. I cant find any other brushless motors with a 3mm shaft.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:27 PM
KRO

It will wobble and not work right . You need a 2mm pinion for the Mamba motor .
Old 04-19-2008, 12:54 AM
ericke1

So I have been running the NOW successfully for 4 runs without any problems or breaking parts. Today however when I was running on my street, I noticed the sound of the truck changed, now it is hissing more, and it doesnt have the same sound that used to emminate from it. I checked the suspension, parts, and the spur gear, all look fine (althought the spur gear has a very slight wear on one of the spurs on the gear). THe truck seems to run fine, is there something I a am missing?
Old 04-19-2008, 06:55 AM
mrskascook

I don't know about a hissing sound but i kinda wonder if the sound will turn to a clicking sound on hard acceleration. thats what mine was doing now drive gear in rear diff is shot and I'm sitting idle like KRO. I think i love this truggy but i also hate it some times
Old 04-19-2008, 11:01 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats how the next is[&o] my drive gear keeps on going out even with aluminum diff gears. i love the truck, but this is ticking me off...
Old 04-19-2008, 11:05 AM
The_Shark

perhaps, if we get a bigger clutch gear (pinon) and or a smaller spur gear, the result from more top end deminishes torq, which i think is our enemy right now. i also think slammming the breaks is another colprate.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:58 PM
wootham

Kro -thanks on the 411 about the pinion gear! What does one do to put a Castle 8000KV in the thing? Im assuming it is a direct bolt-on. Where could I come up with a pinion gear that would fit?

ericke1 - did you order those alum. parts from myhobbydepot? Did you receive them? If so lemme know what you think.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:59 PM
KRO

Any 48 pitch 2mm pinion would work .

Robinson Racing makes some .
Old 04-20-2008, 08:47 AM
99wolfsedition

ok i just came back into this great hobby and bought a sportwerks turmoil and love it. but now i'm in iraq and could not bring it with me so i've been looking into getting a mini and am about seddeled on the NOW but i dont wont the problem of getting all the way out here and then something breaking and waiting on parts. my question is what are some parts i might need to order extra so there on hand, and is anyone making alum hop ups for this thing yet? thanks
Old 04-20-2008, 11:21 AM
mrskascook

99 my input

I like my NOW i just don't think I'd recommend one for the reason, parts avaliblity or lack of. I think there are other trucks out there with many hop ups or factory parts aval. For the price Its a good deal. Brushless, lipo,charger 30mph + out the box. I strongly suggest reading all the posts in this thread before ordering one. Have fun in the Sandbox
Old 04-20-2008, 02:38 PM
99wolfsedition

99 my input

I like my NOW i just don't think I'd recommend one for the reason, parts avaliblity or lack of. I think there are other trucks out there with many hop ups or factory parts aval. For the price Its a good deal. Brushless, lipo,charger 30mph + out the box. I strongly suggest reading all the posts in this thread before ordering one. Have fun in the Sandbox
thanks if the input thats all i'm asking for. i posted a poll in the mini thread take a look and help me out everyone thanks.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:00 PM
The_Shark

they scream bad diffs[:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.