Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Trinity Now 1st Impression

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:51 PM
dubum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trinity Now 1st Impression

Hey mrs kas cook, no need to be an ass!

When I have the problems your having I will probably buy some of these! Actually I will buy some more parts tonight just so I don't run into a shortage.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPDT2&P=Z
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPDS9&P=Z
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPDT5&P=Z
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPDT5&P=Z

I bought a couple things from here also!
http://stores.ebay.com/The-RC-Rock-S...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I am trying to be helpful, if you don't want my input I can go elsewhere. I'm trying to get the ball rolling and I don't even have this truggy in my possesion yet. Anyday now, Priority mail!!!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:06 AM
KRO

Make sure you do all the mods discussed in this thread , and make really sure you loosen the slipper so it works .

The problem is that the company that makes the parts for the NOW mispackaged this part [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTSV4&P=Z]TRI32343[/link]
They didnt put in the diff pinion gear , I have been waiting almost a month for Trinity to send mine ......
Old 04-30-2008, 12:14 AM
dubum

That sucks about the packaging problem and the wait from Trinity.
I have heard that Trinity has had parts supply shortages on anything they make. Except hopup parts they make for other branded vehicles. Is this true?
Old 04-30-2008, 12:48 AM
KRO

IDK , this was the first (and probably the last !) Trinity product I have bought .....
Old 04-30-2008, 02:38 PM
wootham

I wonder if anyone will ever get parts for the NOW? Would it not be nice if they did?
Old 04-30-2008, 03:36 PM
mrskascook

dubum

I see your kinda sensative, don't take it so personal it wasn't intended to be so harsh (if you thought it was). Just wanted to make a point that I or we aren't a bunch of dumbbys. I think u got it. By the way none of the parts you listed failed on me. Its the one KRO listed. Yeah I'm still waiting for my part too, KRo.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:03 PM
papawesty

I've 2 of my trinity now batterys crapped out. Does anyone know a similar but prefferably better lipo battery that will work well with this car? What specifications should it be.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:13 AM
wootham

ORIGINAL: papawesty

I've 2 of my trinity now batterys crapped out. Does anyone know a similar but prefferably better lipo battery that will work well with this car? What specifications should it be.

The Venom 2100mah will work like a champion. I believe the part number associated with the battery is 1577. It only takes a little longer to charge than the stock battery using the stock charger and the run times are awesome.!! [8D] The only thing you need to do to mount it in the NOW is raise the battery posts about 3/16ths of an inch which is relatively easy to do. The battery is a little pricey - 79.99 but it has worked very well for me. There is another subscriber who has this battery as well and I have not heard any complaints. here is a link to the battery at Tower -

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMYR4&P=7

aero-nuts sells a VERY similar battery for about half the price and I would imagine it would perform the same way but cannot say for sure.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:59 AM
ericke1

I have the aero nuts battery, runs like a champ, I have 2
Old 05-01-2008, 11:05 AM
wootham

YO ERICKE1 - did you ever order those parts from myhobbydepot.com? You never answered me before? How do you like them?
Old 05-01-2008, 11:35 AM
ericke1

Hi Wootham,

I actually did not, instead one of my friends was coming from HK and he picked up Yeah Racing parts for the Mini Inferno ST which work great, I got the aluminum upgrades at a fraction of the cost and they fit the NOW. The only thing Im waiting for now is a new spur gear, which is so frustrating. I can still run my Now but its losing traction and you can hear the spear gear slowly giving way. I guess its those reverse hits on the throttle which really gave it way.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:01 PM
KRO

I have the Aero Nuts battery also and its a great battery , infact I run Aero Nuts eXtreme series LiPo's in all my cars

ericke1 , glad too hear the KMI ST parts are working for you , I have picked up a Losi MLST2 and put a brushless system in it and been bashin the crap outta this thing !

Might end up sellin the NOW if I cant get it too hold together .
Old 05-02-2008, 12:18 AM
wootham

ericke1 - well at least you have some aluminum parts now. THats awesome that you got them a such a great discount.

KRO - I dont supose there is any chance of fitting the three cells lipos from the NOW into the MLST2 is there?

Man, I cant believe that the doggone can came off my motor(from both the NOWs that I own). I had all the freakin' screws thread-locked to beat the band and run after run the gear mesh was awesome and no screws came loose and then out of nowhere the can pooped of the motor and stripped the spur. I really hope that once I get a spur gear the now-lock-threaded motor will stay together(I used the red stuff on the motor). If it does not I guess I will order another stock motor and thread lock it before installing it. Just venting guys.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:13 AM
wootham

Thanks to this forum for the heads up on the RC18T spur gear, especially KRO. I bought one today at a lhs and actually got it to work. Its flexed slightly due to tigntening down the slipper a little bit but the mesh seems to be okay all the way around.

After getting it all together again I took it out for a run with a Venom 2100 batt and chased cars around and jumped it off curbs for about 25 minutes [8D] I flipped it and rolled it a few times and the one thing I was worried about - the motor - seemed to be fine. I didnt wait for the lvc to kick in as the motor gets really hot [:@]

Anyone install a heat sink and/or fan in one of these guys yet?

FYI Trinity called me yesterday after a month to let me know they had some parts in stock that I was looking for(arms and such) I was suprised they called me back. They never did respond to my e-mail about the motor problems. They said they just got a box of parts in from FedEx. I asked if they had any spur gears. They did not but.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:14 AM
DS

Im thinking of getting the Trinity Now or a 1/10 electric. I was wondering if you guys could tell me about the NOW and if i should maybe consider buying it. Thanks
Old 05-04-2008, 10:47 AM
DS

i was thinking about getting one of these or a traxxas stamped xl-5 rtr. Now do you think i should look into buying one of these. Are they worth it. Als are they durable, racable, bashable, and especially not always sitting because parts are needed.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:09 AM
DS

im looking into buying this or i think a traxxas stampede xl-5 rtr. But i want to know more about this vehicle. Like is it a good basher, racable, fun, easy one the wallet, and most of all not a part junky. So should i look into buying one??
Old 05-05-2008, 09:55 AM
thetable

wootham, you have a spur coming from me, it got screwed up by the post office, and my lack of a 17 cent stamp, but you should see it soon enough.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:04 PM
WrongChannel

I have been keeping up to date with this thread since it started, and you guys have been very informative.

I got my Now in March and it din't even have the Mamba 25 in the box. I had to do the dance with Trinity for two weeks before they sent that out. On my first and only run I stripped the spur even though I loosened the diff before the run and added the nuts to the motor mount screws and added locktite to the motor screws.

And I wwas running on asphault with perfect traction. Didn't hit anything the entire run.

If anyone has any connections with aftermarket parts companies or simply know someone with access to micro machining equipment I think one of the best upgrades for this thing would be a redesigned motor mount (thicker with more mounting holes and support for the back of the motor can.)

Also a upgrade to the chasis brace / driveshaft supports out of aluminum with bearing support.

I might have to sell this thing and go back to flying airplanes! Is there a market for a Now with a bad spur gear.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:43 AM
wootham

Yeah, the funny thing that I have noticed about the motor is that once it gets really hot(which it does easily) and the motor mount heats up, the mount itself seems to have a little too much movement in it.

FYI guys - TRINITY HAS PARTS IN STOCK!! They have a whole bunch of stuff.

TheTable - if you want a spur gear I should have some extras tommorow as long as the order arrives on time. I will send you one if you like.

I must say that although my NOW has been apart probably more than it has been together I am really enjoying it at the moment. It is amazing how nice it is to actually be able to purchase parts for this thing.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:51 AM
thetable

ORIGINAL: wootham

TheTable - if you want a spur gear I should have some extras tommorow as long as the order arrives on time. I will send you one if you like.
No, don't worry about it. My car is in little pieces, so I have no need for it. Keep them, enjoy.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:02 AM
wootham

Cool, thanks dude. Lemme know if you change your mind.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:42 AM
myteemouse

i'm trying to figure out if i can adapt the trinity NOW slipper clutch to another car (also 1/16 scale). i've looked through the manual (dl'd from an earlier post). i can see how the slipper comes together, but i can't figure out how the slipper action actually works. i know how slippers work in general, but can't picture the trinity slipper working with the way it seems to be configured in the manual. it looks like everything (plates, pads, etc.) bolts directly to the spur gear. if that is so, then how is there any slipper action?

i would think that one plate attaches to the spur and another to the drive shaft, and the pads are squeezed between the plates. or one pad goes on either side of the spur and the plates squeeze the pads to the spur. is something squeezed between the plates and the spur in this case?

the manual comes out too pixelated when zoomed in, making it difficult to see for sure what parts are used and how they are positioned relative to each other. also, the pics from the first page are pretty good, but don't give all the details.

i have figured out these parts:

32342 slipper pad
32341 slipper
32345 2.5x10mm slipper hex screws

it looks like 32342 is squeezed between 32341. am i correct?

can someone please post a better pic of the manual (if you have one); or provide pictures that indicate how the slipper comes together? even a really good description of how it all comes together will be appreciated.

also if anyone can post the distance from the rear drive cup to the front drive cup; or even the dogbone length (end to end or center to center), i will be most appreciative.

sorry for the long post. i'll appreciate any 411 anyone posts. thanks in advance.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:13 AM
thetable

Outer two plates are bolted to the spur, inner plate has a D shape which drives the wheels.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:42 PM
hofer07

Hurry, Hurry

A-main has spur gears in stock. I bought 4.[8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.