Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD

Old 02-09-2008, 01:08 AM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD

ORIGINAL: rc-junky007

well like in the center and dogbones to each diff and elecrics in front wih a saddle pack
ya, tipie, found you can mount the ESC on top of the bar dealie that has the reciever to get more room[8D]
Old 02-13-2008, 02:40 AM
calvino

ok, well, have a heatsink on my motor for cooling purposes, been doin good, plannin on updating the track, lol, to many rocks..... things like that, er, plans, get dems later[], NOT VERY MANY JUMPS, OK!!!!!!!!! (ya, sis says she "is taking over designing it" oh brother, ok, NM else, thinkin of getting a flear shell and painting it[8D]
Old 02-13-2008, 01:16 PM
mapcinq

So... im going to replace my shocks, and I cant seem to get the bottom off of the truck. The top uses a hex screw, but how does this bottom come off? This is for the front shocks, does it just pop off? I was scared to try that in fear of breaking it--- thnx!
Old 02-13-2008, 01:29 PM
maybelater29
My Feedback: (1)

Yes, the bottoms will pop off theball stud. Just be careful about where you are putting your brace hand, it takes a good amount of force to get them off. Good luck.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:01 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

I've been using my [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLMR6&P=7]ball link pliers[/link] from my helicopters to remove mine. Works really well.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:23 PM
maybelater29

actually, if you already have the tops off just let the shock hang to the bottom and pry it upwards from there. It will pop right off. I really like that tool though...I just ordered one, thanks for the link ptgarcia!!
Old 02-13-2008, 02:36 PM
mapcinq

Thanks for the tips guys, Ill give it a go when I get home tonight and let you know how it goes.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:42 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

So I have been bored with the RC18B so I was thinking of going brushless and lipo on it. I already have about 8 1500 ma 3 cell batteries so I am thikning of going with the mamba 6800 because it is dirt cheap right now.

I will shim the diffs and go for the MIP superdiffs, I am assuming I will need 2 sets of these? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKBC2&P=ML

I hate the look of the RPM bumper and I am a very good driver so I won't be crashing into stuff (I run in a huge open area). I will get the RPM arms though because I like RPM quality components.

If I do put this on my 18B what gearing is a good starting point for 6800 and 3S lipo?

I may not put the system on the RC18B because I have a Thunder Tige rmini that has 10th scale diffs on it and will better handle brushless but it is 2WD so I am not sure [&:]

Thanks in advance.

*edit* oh and I have to get CVD's because I hate the dogbone clicking up front ugh might as well go with the thunder tiger.
Any thoughts? Is it the actual diff that goes out or is it the diff gears that generally need to be replaced under brushless power? Probably going to be racing the RC18B and will go brushless soon.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:59 PM
maybelater29

The plastic diff outdrives on the stock diffs are what goes those and the gears themselves. would go with the Super diffs and some new gears. If you shim your diff well enough you shouldn't have much gear problems.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:33 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: maybelater29

The plastic diff outdrives on the stock diffs are what goes those and the gears themselves. would go with the Super diffs and some new gears. If you shim your diff well enough you shouldn't have much gear problems.
Thanks man they opened a local 1/18th scale track I plan on using my 18b stock for awhile then upgrade to brushless.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:56 AM
marcialsuarez

Hi, today I am installing the mamba Comp system on my RC18B, can anyone tell me were is a good place to put the mamba esc switch in the 18b

thanks in advance for your time.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:34 PM
NitroBobby

Thanks man they opened a local 1/18th scale track I plan on using my 18b stock for awhile then upgrade to brushless.
i'm in CT too, where are you going to race? there's a track in Oakville at Pin Shop Hobbies that i race on. it's a 1/18th scale high banked carpet oval. i race the mini-slider but there's also an rc18t class. no brushless though. there's also a stock rc18r class.

i've heard of a road course for 1/18th scale that gets setup in an indoor soccer field in Fairfield too. that's pretty close to trumbull. i'm going to go check it out in a couple of weeks.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:37 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

ORIGINAL: marcialsuarez

Hi, today I am installing the mamba Comp system on my RC18B, can anyone tell me were is a good place to put the mamba esc switch in the 18b

thanks in advance for your time.

I used double-sided tape and mounted mine to the top plate, just forward of the motor.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:38 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: NitroBobby

i'm in CT too, where are you going to race? there's a track in Oakville at Pin Shop Hobbies that i race on. it's a 1/18th scale high banked carpet oval. i race the mini-slider but there's also an rc18t class. no brushless though. there's also a stock rc18r class.

i've heard of a road course for 1/18th scale that gets setup in an indoor soccer field in Fairfield too. that's pretty close to trumbull. i'm going to go check it out in a couple of weeks.
anyone got pics of it... sitll designin my track, ya for GOOGLE SKETCHUP[8D]
Old 02-16-2008, 05:05 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: NitroBobby

Yep the indoor soccer one is gthe one I go too, it is just starting up gets more and more people each time.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:39 PM
calvino

ok, in a delema, can ANYONE come up with a track plan for me, must have 6' plus lanes, and leave about .5' total for the lane markers, er, not to many jumps or turns, you have a 45X 35 (45 X 45 is allowed), PLZ state specs on it, tks alot, calvino
Old 02-17-2008, 07:59 PM
KRO

ok, in a delema, can ANYONE come up with a track plan for me, must have 6' plus lanes, and leave about .5' total for the lane markers, er, not to many jumps or turns, you have a 45X 35 (45 X 45 is allowed), PLZ state specs on it, tks alot, calvino
Here is my track layout that I run , its not too technical so you can go pretty fast , I have 2 single jumps , 1 big double jumps a whoop section and 2 berms I run 1/8 monster trucks on it so its plenty big for the smaller cars .....

Old 02-17-2008, 10:44 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: KRO

Here is my track layout that I run , its not too technical so you can go pretty fast , I have 2 single jumps , 1 big double jumps a whoop section and 2 berms I run 1/8 monster trucks on it so its plenty big for the smaller cars .....

tks, ya, looks fun, hard to design one out here, lol, sis wants a jump over a lane, i want this, she wants that..... oh boy, tons of "fun"
Old 02-17-2008, 10:49 PM
rc-junky007

nice track man
Old 02-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Auds

ORIGINAL: calvino

tks, ya, looks fun, hard to design one out here, lol, sis wants a jump over a lane, i want this, she wants that..... oh boy, tons of "fun"
nice and how much is the pipe you used there???? like it, got any vids of your car on it
Old 02-18-2008, 09:18 AM
KRO

nice and how much is the pipe you used there???? like it, got any vids of your car on it
The drainage tile was 30.00 for a 100ft roll , I am using a little over 200ft .

Sorry no vids cause no vid cam []
Old 02-18-2008, 11:59 PM
calvino

The drainage tile was 30.00 for a 100ft roll , I am using a little over 200ft .

Sorry no vids cause no vid cam []
ok, thanks for pics though, will prob have to do a poll to fine out what is "better" as a track design, ya, hard to choose[>:]
Old 02-20-2008, 01:50 AM
Art91

Its been a while since I last drove my 18MT, probably since august when the ecs took a dump. I don't get what happened the truck just stopped moving so I took it inside and when I went to turn it on again the esc ad the battery stated smoking and burnt. What could have caused that to happen ? I minaswell share a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70964.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	883696  
Old 02-20-2008, 01:56 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: Art91

Its been a while since I last drove my 18MT, probably since august when the ecs took a dump. I don't get what happened the truck just stopped moving so I took it inside and when I went to turn it on again the esc ad the battery stated smoking and burnt. What could have caused that to happen ? I minaswell share a pic.
sounds like a short circuit, no pic needed, I know the signs of a short, no offense, but the 18B +MT tires looks REAL FUNNY, y, kindof came u with a track design, now what to make the lane markers with, KRO, what size pipe did you use??, I am thinkin 2" for $$$ reasons???
Old 02-20-2008, 09:19 AM
KRO

what to make the lane markers with, KRO, what size pipe did you use?? , I am thinkin 2" for $$$ reasons???
Thats 5" dia drainage tile .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.