Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Team Losi: Future of RC?

Old 12-31-2007, 06:37 PM
-Inverted-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Losi: Future of RC?

As many of us know, Losi has been setting new trends in the RC world. Between ready to run brushless cars, and practical option parts and quality brand collaborations, It's understandable why Losi is so likable.

I was awestruck when the Xcelorin brushless system came out for the Micro-T. Losi already had done brushless cars in it's past, but for a system of this size, with a major manufacturers name behind it is a warm welcome to this hobby. After seeing Losi recently releasing their own line of Lithium Polymer batteries it's great to know Losi is looking towards the future. Hopefully this will lead to more affordable components for everybody; and brushless racing will become more and more acceptable.

My reason of this post comes from a listing on Killer Hobbies. I noticed an Xcelorin system for the Mini-T line. That can be viewed [link=http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/losi/losi-mini-t-mini-baja/losi-mini-t-option-parts/losi-1-18-xcelorin-6000kv-brushless-combo-losb9560-detail.htm]HERE[/link]. I am amazed that products like this are being released by a manufacturer; and deep down it really does show support.

Thanks to Losi's ties with Horizon Hobby,
I dictate the future of Losi to come stock with brushless systems, lithium polymer batteries, and Spektrum radio gear.

We have already seen Losi cars with parts of the above, but I assume the next wave of cars will come fully equipped. If they keep releasing kits of their popular models, I'm just hooked for life.

P.S. I am not paid by Team Losi or Horizon Hobby for this post, or any others. I am just listing my recent discoveries with the revolution of this hobby.

- Vert

Old 12-31-2007, 06:46 PM
hands without shadows

Default RE: Team Losi: Future of RC?

It seems Losi is about the only company keeping up in all car areas. They are the only company I can think of that has MT's, Truggies, Buggies, 2wd STs, 2wd buggies, 4wd buggies, 1/18th MTs, 1/18th STs, and now micro trucks as well. If this WK/AX-10 competitor I have heard rumours of comes out anytime soon they will have a piece of all the action.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:04 PM
walkingcarpet900

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree with both 2 posts above
not only are they keeping up with all the types
there doing it sucessfully
i mean i dont think there is really 1 losi car that really blows it
well mini-t but look they have other mini's such as the slider and mini lst2

and theres a new mini here too! http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB0220

the only thing they need now is a crawler, 1/5, electric monster truck

i would assume they be making they be makin a electric monster such as the wheelie king or something like that
to be like a AX10 scorpion

or making a 2motor 2 battery monster to compete with the emaxx and esavage

i really like losi
and it is on the top 3 of my brands

1. duratrax
2. losi
3. associated

if only they had a 1yr guarentee then they would be #1

man i never knew they were doing this
lipo batteries?
brushless?

cant wait for a review by someone
who knows they may be top notch
just like there vehicles

i totally agree that they are shaping up the future
and looking into what will be there in the future

i wish more companys would do this

so that hobby shops could be as common
as fast food restarants lol
Old 12-31-2007, 07:15 PM
-Inverted-

ORIGINAL: walkingcarpet900

i agree with both 2 posts above
not only are they keeping up with all the types
there doing it sucessfully
i mean i dont think there is really 1 losi car that really blows it
well mini-t but look they have other mini's such as the slider and mini lst2

man i never knew they were doing this
lipo batteries?
brushless?

The Mini-T is a classic. It started the 18th scale craze, and their would have been no 18T without it. The Mini-T still sells well, and there is unlimited aftermarket for it.

After looking at that link it appears they also have a 10th scale Brushless system, and a lipo charger.

Wonderful.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:24 PM
walkingcarpet900

ya
the mini-t was the first mini (i believe)
or if it wasnt it sure was the one that started the mini craze

i had one
loved it
but more and more technology came
ya i agree it is a classic

i never knew they would step up this much
i mean is there any other company that has...
4wd buggies
2wd buggies
2wd trucks
nitro MT's
nitro 2wd trucks
nitro 4wd buggies
lots of 1/18ths

and on top of that
there own brushelss line
lipo batts and charger

wow!
and they even have there own 2.4ghz radio

im impressed
seems like every month or so something comes new
Old 12-31-2007, 08:06 PM
Dokioto

I'm still waiting for a some type of Nitro Mini (from Losi)

What I find- They practically have a car/truck racing in every class, but I find others winning more (just me?). Not saying Losi doesn't win (they do), but there are other manufactures that dominate certain (they focus on that class the most).

I also don't like how they have been coming out with these "New Trucks" that just have different bodies and wheels from a truck thats already out. Take the Mini LST for an example...
Old 12-31-2007, 08:28 PM
ftt4maniac

Keep in mind the original rc10 started it all, without the rc1o being produced, the hobby wouldnt be the same today.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:04 AM
chris007

Just wondering whats the difference with the link to the new mini from losi and the 1/18 raminator? They kindof seem like the same thing, but idk.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:07 AM
walkingcarpet900

ORIGINAL: ftt4maniac

Keep in mind the original rc10 started it all, without the rc1o being produced, the hobby wouldnt be the same today.
ya but thats why were talkin about the future
and the title of this thread is future of rc

but i do agree about the rc10
my big bro used to have one

and he was amazed when i showed him my new ft t4

lol
Old 01-01-2008, 02:34 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: chris007

Just wondering whats the difference with the link to the new mini from losi and the 1/18 raminator? They kindof seem like the same thing, but idk.
The 1/18 Rammunition Monster Truck and 1/18 Raminator Monster Truck RTR are the same truck just different bodies.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:38 AM
tyhodge07

its nice seeing other people love the losi brand, i see alot of people talk down on them, but really they got the best customer service that i have delt with.. even tho this isnt talking about the future.. but they are sure set to compete with the other larger companies in the future.. id just like to see them release alot more different models of the micros.

i even seen that venom is releasing or might have alreayd, but their releasing lipos/chargers, and even some sweet lookin plugs like the deans, but imo look alot cooler..
Old 01-01-2008, 02:47 AM
Mr. Mugen

Losi will always be in my house...thats for sure. I have never had to cuss them at all. I think it is the only company out there I never cussed. LOL

FYI I have a mini my Kyosho that is 20+ yrs old. It did not start the mini crazy but it did start mini's. I did a post on it here a while ago. The mini baja's line. They were cool little cars too. I have one here that I never finished building. I should say never put elect's in it yet. I love the looks of it too. Check them out. I know this is a future thread but the future is not possible without the past. A good time to look at the whole history of it all and see progression throughout the years. What will they come out with next?

Kevin
Old 01-01-2008, 02:51 AM
tyhodge07

i hope, and i know alot hope to see a 4wd micro in the future.. i think we might have a chance at seeing one of these too.. well youll see one, but im talkin that losi releases youll prolly see one from me in hopefully the next few months
Old 01-01-2008, 03:00 AM
driftkinginc

Losi may have the new tech on there rtr's but are you taking them to the track and winning ? no you still need to put your own set up in to run with the fast guys . At my track Ae domainates . I'm glad they are trying to make it easyier and cheaper for people to get into the hobby. The fact is if you want to race and win, you will still need to buy the top of the line equipment and maintain it .
Old 01-01-2008, 04:03 AM
nitro _ burner

I want to see a micro LST!!!!! to go with my MLST2 and my LST2
It can sit on the shelf next to my mini baja... and i used to have a micro t.

I love losi...

BTW most people buy minis to bash rather than race...
Old 01-01-2008, 11:12 AM
-Inverted-

ORIGINAL: driftkinginc

Losi may have the new tech on there rtr's but are you taking them to the track and winning ? no you still need to put your own set up in to run with the fast guys . At my track Ae domainates . I'm glad they are trying to make it easyier and cheaper for people to get into the hobby. The fact is if you want to race and win, you will still need to buy the top of the line equipment and maintain it .
I disagree. That entirely depends on what class your racing in. Their stock brushless cars are very capable in the appropriate class. Also, as I stated earlier, they still attempt to release kits or rollers for us that want to use our own electronics.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: chris007

The 1/18 Rammunition Monster Truck and 1/18 Raminator Monster Truck RTR are the same truck just different bodies.

I can't believe Losi didn't upgrade it to the MLST2. Why on earth would they release an MLST at this point in the game? With only 1 motor and an outdated platform it better be cheap as hell. They should have just sold the wheels and body seperately for those that car about Dodge licensing.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:17 PM
CBM Racing

I have 3 losi vehicles, I like them all, but am somewhat wondering about quality. My lst2 is awsome, but needs more care and feeding than anything else I own. The min-t was/is a lot of fun, but very dissapointing stock. I just got a micro baja last week, for 80$ could have had almost every feature from a toy shop r/c for less than half the money. I mean the micro baja really kinda sucks out of the box. I bought 2 of them and the 1 I kept wouldn't even charge on supplied charger, had to use a good one for 1st charge. Then when charged, the wheels wouldn't even move. Made a beeping humming sound and nothing.After putzing with it for an hour it finally worked. Even now it only works 3 out of 5 times without rolling it around awhile to loosen it up. The one I gave away is already starting to do it. Lets see... friction shocks, wierd house brand electronics, Poor runtimes... I hope this isn't the future of r/c cause that would suck! Other than that, they are a lot of fun on these cold winter days.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:53 PM
jaga

hey cbm racing, I see your collection every now and then and can't help but notice that it seems to be missing something vital...more than 1 running car at a time!! Just thought you should know is all, heh heh
Old 11-24-2008, 05:59 PM
DettaDude
Banned

ORIGINAL: jaga

hey cbm racing, I see your collection every now and then and can't help but notice that it seems to be missing something vital...more than 1 running car at a time!! Just thought you should know is all, heh heh
+1
Old 11-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Chris_RC

Umm....This thread is over 10 months old!!!!!