Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL CEN MG16 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:49 PM
muck76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFFICIAL CEN MG16 THREAD

what do we need to do to make one?

I hope i can do this and not be a mod.

i have done a few mods like a RX battery, dual exhaust, turn buckles, bearings, dual stage air fitler....
My next mods are a different engine (i want to go faster), springs, and wheels/tires....

Here is mine:
Old 01-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Dokioto

Default RE: OFFICIAL CEN MG16 THREAD

What do you need to make an "Official Thread" The words "Official Thread" I would guess... Theres nothing official about them.

Nice looking truck BTW.. Does Cen offer anything special for this truck (upgrades/better performing parts)?
Old 01-06-2008, 10:10 PM
muck76

alum shocks, alum shock towers, wheels, tires, and a fly wheel conversion for standard crank shaft engines if some one like me wanted to go bigger!

i think they have TI turn buckles also. not sure if it was for the 16 or 10 though
Old 01-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Mr Terminator

Finding parts for the MG16 in the UK is a nightmare,CEN models are readily available in the UK but the parts backup is a joke.I just got aMG16 and during the break in process a kerb jumped out on me.lol.Crack and the dogbone jumped out and on closer inspection the front carrier was snapped.Not a problem if the parts where available.I think it sucks that a company can flog its products in the UK and not supply enough or adequate distributors of parts.I'm a member of three of the largest forums in the UK and i'm always defending CEN products as they have a poor reputation in our country.HPI and Traxass dont have a problem and parts are plentiful so if they can do it why not CEN..?Its even difficult to find a noutlet in the States that accepts Paypal as payment.The CEN store says it does but when arriving at the payment part of the order,does'nt offer the option,i've email CEN about this problem we have over here and await a reply and see if this company has the customer support the editorials in the US say they have.I may have sourced the parts from RC Customs and await an invoice for payment through Paypal nut I won't hold my breath...[&o]
Old 01-12-2008, 03:09 PM
muck76

That is too bad as it is a good rc to have. i know email replies from them can take some time. i do find it easier to call the toll free line here in the US.
I know here in the US they started a new parts program if it is not in stock it is free. You would have to look at their site for all the gorey details.

good luck, let us know how it turns out....
Old 01-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Db77

Hello all, just in the process of breaking mine in, FRUSTRATING, won't start, my g.p. igniters can't hold a charge long enough to get the thing started (it takes that long). When it finally starts, it won't idle, just quits. In 2 days I have been able to only get one tank through and i had to feather the radio the whole time. I hope it is worth it in the end.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:18 AM
muck76

it is, here is a short vid of mine stock with only the bearing and battery mods done then.

Just keep following the break in procedures, you can turn the LSN in some but at break in it should not idle very long if at all due to how rich it is set. I imagine you will have to continue feathering it until break in is completed. I know the LSN factory setting on mine was way too rich. I wound up turning the lsn 1.5 turns in from flush versus the factory 1 turn out. Others in various areas have had different results.
Once you have the hsn set after break in do the lsn pinch test to get it set right. If you need info on that test let me know. There is another thread on here i made with that info for another member looking into the Mg16.
http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=100_1083.flv
Old 01-13-2008, 03:47 AM
Mr Terminator

Yeeaah,i've found some spares on good old ebay,$2.65 thats £1.25 in our money and so ive ordered 2 packs and 2 spur gears a whheelie bar set and a spare fuel tank.Better stocking on spares while I can.Yesterdays rant was me letting off a little steam,I love both of my Genesis trucks,I have the .46 and the .46 LE.The LE is a bit of a shelf queen while the other one gets used a fair bit,the MG 16 however was going great yesterday.it was just my lapse in concentration that let me down,I have no problems with CEN products on the whole.My other trucks include a Hot Bodies Lightning GTX-2 with Giga Crusher working airscoop,MG 10 MT,Hobao Hyper 7 .28 and my little Acme NB 16 NT with a .06 Go engine that runs like a dream... Would.nt mind some mod advice off any of you guys,top arms upgrade for instance for the MG16,Muck76 show me some pics of the dual exhaust please and what are them top arms you have on it in the pic,Cheers buddy...
Old 01-13-2008, 02:37 PM
muck76

got your pm and sent one back to ya with the info.

Glad to hear it is going better. When i first got mine prior to fixing the battery terminal i had a run a way WOT into a pole and nothing broke. Kind of why i was surprised that you and another member have had some weak parts. But hey all situations are different.

if you use the search method on the forums tool bar button at the top of the page, i believe i posted my mods here. If not i can give a link to where it is at as i did you Terminator.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:38 PM
muck76

a small mod i nver put on any forums is the steering servo saver. The stock one was weak so i threw an Associated one on i had in my box. Not sure of a part number but any LHS should have something that will work. The stock servos use Futaba splines.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Mr Terminator

Cheers for the quick response Matt got PM sent one back and i'll get sorting the mods as soon as ive got the parts.I've repaired the carrier with my plastic welder that I have for repairing m/cycle fairings and its basically back to as good as it was.Ill finish the break in when this crappy British weather clears...
Old 01-13-2008, 03:35 PM
rc-junky007

what mount did you end up using for your wing?
Old 01-13-2008, 05:17 PM
muck76

used a flat piece of alum i had. I drilled four holes. 2 to screw it to the top hole of the shock tower for the top shock position and the other 2 for the wing mount itself. I will get a pic of it up tonight to show exactly what it looks like.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:35 AM
CrazyMento

damn... thats *****ing looking... nice
Old 01-14-2008, 09:24 AM
muck76

ORIGINAL: rc-junky007

what mount did you end up using for your wing?
thanks crazy

Rc-junky, here is a pic that kind of shows it. I will get a better one tonight. Camera memory was full
Old 01-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Mr Terminator

Hey Muck,ive found a parts supplier in the UK.Funily enough its the place I got the truck from.Dont know if he has em in stock or if they're to order,ill just have to wait for his message back to see.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:41 AM
muck76

i like ordering from my local store, i do not have to pay shipping then.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Mr Terminator

I dont mind the shipping costs from the US as exchange rate is roughly half,its the waiting time.I ordered a cylinder head button for one of my Genesis from Jenny's RC off ebay cos they dont sell em on their own over here you have to buy the cooler too and its like $88 and I only needed the button.Jenny's RC breaks new GST's and sells them in parts so I got one off her and it was £14 delivered and took 10 days.Next day delivery over here on stuff so it will be better,there's just not as much parts and hop up options here.I really want a VG-Racing rollcage for my Genesis but they're $50 and $30 is shipping so not at the moment,i'm gonna concentrate on my MG16...
Old 01-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Zamboni_Assasin

This was my first nitro and had a ***** of a time getting it started and getting it to idle....what I found in my case is that the factory settings are WAAAAAAAY too rich, i couldnt even get it to run and had fuel backing up out of my glow plug hole!!! I bottomed out the hsn then turned it out 1.5 turns and left my lsn 1 turn out from flush, and it fired right up and hasnt failed me since and goes like a raped snake, with a nice trail of blue smoke, and with a successful pinch test.....the alternative is to leave your hsn at 2-2.5 out and turn your lsn in from flush like muck said, though this is VERY difficult unless you have switched the exhaust around with the stinger on the left....everybodies settings will be different, but the one thing that i think stays the same is that the factory settings are too rich....hope this helps
Old 01-14-2008, 04:33 PM
muck76

ORIGINAL: Zamboni_Assasin

This was my first nitro and had a ***** of a time getting it started and getting it to idle....what I found in my case is that the factory settings are WAAAAAAAY too rich, i couldnt even get it to run and had fuel backing up out of my glow plug hole!!! I bottomed out the hsn then turned it out 1.5 turns and left my lsn 1 turn out from flush, and it fired right up and hasnt failed me since and goes like a raped snake, with a nice trail of blue smoke, and with a successful pinch test.....the alternative is to leave your hsn at 2-2.5 out and turn your lsn in from flush like muck said, though this is VERY difficult unless you have switched the exhaust around with the stinger on the left....everybodies settings will be different, but the one thing that i think stays the same is that the factory settings are too rich....hope this helps
i have to correct you on leaving the hsn at 2 turns and leaning the lsn. Too lean of a lsn will cause issues also.

I would like to know where every one else's lsn is set with the pinch test and their weather outside. If every one is close to factory on the lsn like yours then i wonder if i need to chase an air leak in mine.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Mr Terminator

Hey,finished breaking the engine in and its great.The truck is a little ripper and i'm well impressed as its a lot easier to start than the wifes MG16.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:38 AM
muck76

talking about another Mg16, or a different engine?
I think i found a way to mount a rotory carb engine in this with using a pivot of sorts off one of the T/B mounting holes. If i can afford to try, i want to. If you look at the Mini MGT it would look it's pivot in it's own way.....
Old 01-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Mr Terminator

Hmmm,that'd be good,Nosram .15 perhaps..? Ordered my carriers today from Prado hobby shop aswell as the turnbuckles you advised on so it'll be upgraded this time next week.the top arms can be done Friday and the bearings are ordered too.The wifes is a standard NL.15 engine but was a little more troublesome to start and keep running than this new one,its great now its run in though..
Old 01-16-2008, 02:55 PM
muck76

ORIGINAL: Mr Terminator

Hmmm,that'd be good,Nosram .15 perhaps..? Ordered my carriers today from Prado hobby shop aswell as the turnbuckles you advised on so it'll be upgraded this time next week.the top arms can be done Friday and the bearings are ordered too...
there is a special fly wheel you would have to get from CEN to do it. Only crank shaft that would work is a standard long with prop washer. Flywheel has to press against it like the stock set up.
Cen part number for the flywheel is MG095.

This weekend if iu have time maybe i can see if i can make the pivot for all to see so if someone with more money than i wants to try they can.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:56 PM
rc-junky007

cool is there just a plate on the other side and you bolted it through or what

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.