Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

rc18mt rc18t shocks and tires. Whats good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 12:07 AM
neupane00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc18mt rc18t shocks and tires. Whats good?

Hey, i have rc18mt. What shocks are good for this? my stock shocks keep leaking. More over , i want to give my rc18mt, real monster truck look. Are there any nicer bigger stronger cooler looks shocks?? (i heard mini-lst2 shocks fit here, is that true?? ) i cant find any good shocks. What about tires? any good tires that i will be able to pull wheelies with? Thanks everyone.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:12 AM
calvino

Default RE: rc18mt rc18t shocks and tires. Whats good?

ORIGINAL: neupane00

Hey, i have rc18mt. What shocks are good for this? my stock shocks keep leaking. More over , i want to give my rc18mt, real monster truck look. Are there any nicer bigger stronger cooler looks shocks?? i cant find them. What about tires? any good tires that i will be able to pull wheelies with? Thanks everyone.
the FT al shocks work AWESOME at holding in oil, in all the beating my truck has taken (can we say, lots of HARD inpacts on the front shocks), they have held the oil good, as for tires, the MT tires are the only ones that come to mind, you MAY want to look into MQ tires, but, they may require adapters[&:]
Old 01-11-2008, 12:19 AM
neupane00

ORIGINAL: calvino

Hey, i have rc18mt. What shocks are good for this? my stock shocks keep leaking. More over , i want to give my rc18mt, real monster truck look. Are there any nicer bigger stronger cooler looks shocks?? i cant find them. What about tires? any good tires that i will be able to pull wheelies with? Thanks everyone.
the FT al shocks work AWESOME at holding in oil, in all the beating my truck has taken (can we say, lots of HARD inpacts on the front shocks), they have held the oil good, as for tires, the MT tires are the only ones that come to mind, you MAY want to look into MQ tires, but, they may require adapters[&:]
do you have link for FT al shocks?? What do you mean by MT and MQ tires? sorry i am kinda new. If u can post links to product, that would be super helpful.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:06 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: calvino

do you have link for FT al shocks?? What do you mean by MT and MQ tires? sorry i am kinda new. If u can post links to product, that would be super helpful.
sorry, yeah, it is a little hard working with newbies (no offense, don't take it personal, I go though that as well), ok, the FT shocks are here, [link=http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=7575&cat_name=RC18T#]front (F)[/link] [link=http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=7573&cat_name=RC18T]rear (R)[/link] [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJAG3&P=7]Mini Quake tires, v grove tread[/link] [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJRW3&P=7]mini quake tires, mini pin[/link] these shoud offer you better grip than the assocated brand tires (ok for bashing, but, wear out fast....)
Old 01-11-2008, 01:13 AM
neupane00

thank you hey im learning. haha.. how about these? these come prebuilt and little cheaper.. are those FT lot better than http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...952&cat_name=# ?
Old 01-11-2008, 01:18 AM
calvino

thank you hey im learning. haha.. how about these? these come prebuilt and little cheaper.. are those FT lot better than http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...952&cat_name=# ?
IDK, i don't think it would (personaly), make sense to save a few $$$ at the start, only to have to spend more $$$$$$ down the line due to inferior stuff, I have had GREAT results with the FT shocks, it will only cost $16 +16 + 3 (shipping) = $35 shipped, for some great shocks, the other advantage of the FT shocks is, they are unassembeled, it may seem intimidating making shocks, but I have done it no probs, plus YOU can be responsible for making it correectly (and hopefully this won't happen), if you DID have to replace stuff on it, you have the expeerence on how to do it[8D]
Old 01-11-2008, 01:28 AM
KRO

I have the 3 Racing shocks and they are pretty sweet , mine do not leak and rebuild kits are avalible when you need to rebuild them .
[link=http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=7952&cat_name=]3 RACING SHOCKS[/link]

This guy sells 2 complete set of wheels for the RC18 for 19.99 , best deal I have found on the net . The Losi Smashers are great bashing tires , and the Step Pins are more for track running .
[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/RC18T-RC18R-RC18B-Chrome-Tire-Set-of-4x-2packs-Losi_W0QQitemZ330201861565QQihZ014QQcategoryZ34063 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem]RC18T WHEELS[/link]
Old 01-11-2008, 06:06 PM
BTSNPCS1990

The 3racing shocks are awsome except the shafts suck and bend pretty easily. An easy fix for that is to just put the shafts in from your stock 18t.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:33 AM
KRO

I havent had a pair of any makers shocks not bend .
Old 01-17-2008, 08:57 PM
neupane00

ORIGINAL: KRO

I have the 3 Racing shocks and they are pretty sweet , mine do not leak and rebuild kits are avalible when you need to rebuild them .
[link=http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=7952&cat_name=]3 RACING SHOCKS[/link]

This guy sells 2 complete set of wheels for the RC18 for 19.99 , best deal I have found on the net . The Losi Smashers are great bashing tires , and the Step Pins are more for track running .
[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/RC18T-RC18R-RC18B-Chrome-Tire-Set-of-4x-2packs-Losi_W0QQitemZ330201861565QQihZ014QQcategoryZ34063 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem]RC18T WHEELS[/link]
hey man.. took your advise and bought these tires. i got them today. these tires seem way smaller than current stock tires. are these good? have you used them? i like to climb obstables i have thrown around in my room, u sure these smaller tires will do better job?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:00 AM
KRO

hey man.. took your advise and bought these tires. i got them today. these tires seem way smaller than current stock tires. are these good? have you used them? i like to climb obstables i have thrown around in my room, u sure these smaller tires will do better job?

I bet they work better than the stockers , dont run the pins on harder surfaces or they will wear quickly , save them for carpet or dirt and use the Smashers for all around use ......

You might loose a little top speed , but accelleration will be better . Might even wheelie cause the Losi tires are smaller in diameter and lighter .....
Old 01-18-2008, 08:57 AM
dtacmed

I had a set of Losi oil filled for the Mini T and put these on. They have worked very well. Also if your are leaking around the threads try some teflon tape I do this on all my shocks regardless of size.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:09 AM
ajb1205

I am trying a set of GPM aluminum shocks and they are OK...definitely better than the stock shocks. I got them for a really good price so I couldn't resist. For tires I am running GPM Street Meats and Proline Dirt Hawgs both on wabash rims. The Dirt Hawgs are a great tire and the GPM tires are really nice on pavement.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Beomagi

So far I think the factory team shocks are the most sturdy. Gpm's were like paper at high speeds. I switched to 1/10 scale shocks though

2 of these in front, two hpi shocks at rear - thuogh I should have gotten foouor of these
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDBT9&P=7