Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Micro Desert Truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 04:23 PM
whipnet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro Desert Truck

Hey guys, I finally had to get one of these.

What fun!

Old 01-12-2008, 04:24 PM
walkingcarpet900

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Micro Desert Truck

how do they compare with the micro t

any hop ups yet?
vidoes?

looking good!
Old 01-12-2008, 06:22 PM
ChaRX

I'd have one if it was 4wd. I have a Micro-T, but I don't see the point in buying another one unless the new one is better, ie, 4wd.

1/36 4wd would be awesome indoors.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:57 PM
mister_T

awesome, thats the 1 i wanted but couldnt justify spending the extra cash over the micro t
Old 01-12-2008, 10:07 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i hav one and love it. iv put on ball bearings, but im waiting to get threaded axles. with the longer wheel base you can put the battery between the esc and the rear shock tower. that way you only need to take off the body to change the battery.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:59 PM
whipnet

Thanks guys.

walkingcarpet900 - This is my first Micro, so I can't compare it to anything.

nitrosportsandrunner - Sweet, I can't wait to start hopping this thing up.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:09 PM
bigairlife

I'd take my micro-b over it cuz the b/t turns better and stability isn't really an issue cuz i run on flat carpet and hardwood floors. Also, the micro-b/t battery time is better. But whatever floats ur boat. I want to buy some desert wheels and tires for my micro-b
Old 01-14-2008, 08:12 PM
walkingcarpet900

ORIGINAL: bigairlife

I'd take my micro-b over it cuz the b/t turns better and stability isn't really an issue cuz i run on flat carpet and hardwood floors. Also, the micro-b/t battery time is better. But whatever floats ur boat. I want to buy some desert wheels and tires for my micro-b
no

the desert truck turns much better
since it has a longer wheelbase
and is wider
you have never had your micro flip before? mine flips plenty on carpet if i turn in fast

they all use the same battery
all have the same transmission
all have same diameter tires

so where on earth would you get that the battery time is better
Old 01-14-2008, 10:16 PM
snoking16

the DT doesnt turn nearly as sharp as the micro b. the longer wheelbase makes it harder to turn sharper btw...and the micro b is lighter putting less pull on the motor so it makes it faster and have longer battery life. i have a micro t and a micro DT.

i have the lipo in both and the micro t will wheelie on comand and the DT doesnt wheelie at all. the micro t is faster and has more acceleration and still gets better running times.

i love my DT because it handles the jumps better then the micro but i like the micro because of its speed and acceleration...

the micro is hard to handle because of the insane speed...i guess thats just my driving..lol

they both hold up very well and i have not broken anything yet.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:36 PM
savycharlie

Boy are you lucky. Something in my differential is either stripped or messed up. There is a differential on its way. It was ordered last week sometime and still has not showed up![:@] . It has been broke for sometime now and i am needing to get it fixed. I also want to get a atomic bb moter and a lipo. I know that will increase the speed, and the run time. My question is how much faster will it go? And how much longer will the run times be?
Old 01-14-2008, 10:50 PM
snoking16

i heard the atomic bb is just the same as the stock motor. but the lipo will tripple ur run times and have some seriously noticble power gains.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:53 PM
walkingcarpet900

ya i had both stock and atomic bb

i thot bb was ball bearing
so i was all like
OMG 10$ for a ball bearing motor

but turns out it was brash bushing =P

the DT doesnt turn nearly as sharp as the micro b. the longer wheelbase makes it harder to turn sharper btw...and the micro b is lighter putting less pull on the motor so it makes it faster and have longer battery life. i have a micro t and a micro DT.

i have the lipo in both and the micro t will wheelie on comand and the DT doesnt wheelie at all. the micro t is faster and has more acceleration and still gets better running times.

i love my DT because it handles the jumps better then the micro but i like the micro because of its speed and acceleration...

the micro is hard to handle because of the insane speed...i guess thats just my driving..lol

ya i know its a bit bigger
but seriously it cant alter the runtimes by much
maybe a minute or two

if i'd know bout the dt
i would have gotten it because it handles better/ and is more stable in jumps
Old 01-15-2008, 12:24 AM
bigairlife

ORIGINAL: walkingcarpet900

ya i had both stock and atomic bb

i thot bb was ball bearing
so i was all like
OMG 10$ for a ball bearing motor

but turns out it was brash bushing =P

ya i know its a bit bigger
but seriously it cant alter the runtimes by much
maybe a minute or two

if i'd know bout the dt
i would have gotten it because it handles better/ and is more stable in jumps
I still like the b/t better. The runtime is better on the t/b by about 1.5-2 mins from what i've heard. The b handles better at low speed, and is better indoors because of its tighter turning radius. But the dt is better at jumping... So far, jumping has stilll been okay with the b
Old 01-15-2008, 12:37 AM
snoking16

well just going from bushings to ball bearings has givin me 2.5-3 more minutes of run time...yeah the difference from the micro t to the DT is probably 1.5-2 mins...i like driving them both...i cant decide which is the best.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:31 AM
olydemon

I just got the DT last week. What a riot to drive. Im fairly new to RC, but already have a pretty well upgraded rustler so you can say I have the bug bad. After my Rustler has a few more upgrades I can turn to the DT.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:53 AM
KRO

I just converted my Micro T into a Micro DT and I like the DT MUCH better ! The T does turn tighter but not enough to matter for the added benefits of the longer wheelbase and much cooler looking wheels/body IMO .

i have the lipo in both and the micro t will wheelie on comand and the DT doesnt wheelie at all.

My DT will still wheelie but not like the T/B will , but I am running the Atomic motor and a 200mAh LiPo battery and the 3 Racing gearbox . I kinda like that better too , instead of having to be VERY careful when getting into the throttle to accellerate (my T would just flip over or "diff out" and get unstable) now if you roll on the power it peels out and takes off .
Old 01-15-2008, 02:41 AM
snoking16

hmm...how do you like the atomic motor?? i heard it is nothing better then the stock motor? and where did you get the larger lipo....what are the advangtages of the gearbox and where did you get that as well?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:26 AM
KRO

I bought the motor and gearbox from TheToyz.com , the LiPo is from AeroNuts .

Here is the LiPo , its a tight fit (plenty of room in the DT), there is no battery cutoff , and you need a balancing charger that will charge at low amperage .
[link=http://www.aero-nuts.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_56&products_id=433]Micro T/B/DT Battery[/link]

Here is the 3 Racing gearbox and Atomic motor (which is faster and has more torque than the stock motor IMO)

[link=http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=9176&cat_name=]3 Racing Gearbox[/link]

[link=http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8619&cat_name=]Atomic Motor [/link]
Old 01-15-2008, 02:57 PM
snoking16

thanks...illl just try tightening my slipper first but then ill try the motor and new lipo.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Defmeq

I just ordered the team losi lipo/charger combo for the micro desert truck. Is there anything else i need to do beside just install the new battery and run it?

Defm
Old 01-15-2008, 11:25 PM
KRO

I just ordered the team losi lipo/charger combo for the micro desert truck. Is there anything else i need to do beside just install the new battery and run it?
Nope put it in and run it . Have you put bearings in it yet ?

I just installed the Losi Excelorin brushless system in my DT , its not a whole lot faster than the Atomic motor , but now it wheelies like before and I ran 25-30 minutes and the pack still had juice in it . Put in the JR SM22 servo and the micro receiver from my Trinity NOW. Finally got some threaded axels too !
Old 01-16-2008, 02:56 AM
Defmeq

no bearings yet. Does that make it roll better when you let off the gas? Now the back wheels kinda lock up when you let off the gas and spin it out. Those are pretty cheap right?

Defm
Old 01-16-2008, 03:23 AM
snoking16

the bearings are great. yeah they let it roll farther and put less strain on the motor so you get longer run times.