Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Dif rebuild on a RC18t

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:06 PM
BTSNPCS1990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dif rebuild on a RC18t

I am going to rebuild the rear dif on my 18t. Are there any tricks to it or is it pretty easy to do?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:55 PM
fusebmx13

Default RE: Dif rebuild on a RC18t

nope its pretty easy to do but just when you put them in make sure they are the right way and that you dont use to much lube because it will over heat. also make the front one a tad tighter than the back so that you dont spin out on the hard throttle. and also use 3 shims on each diff. thats it just follow the manual.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:50 PM
dtacmed

I would also recommend using a white wash cloth. Easy to see all the "little" parts. Make sure you count the small diff balls. There should be 7. When re-installing these put a small amount of red grease on the washer then place the balls on the washer. I use tweezers.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:31 PM
KRO

All good advise , I put the little balls between the washers and spring on with a flat toothpick with just a tliitle dab of grease on it .

If you are rebuilding metal diffs , use blue locktite on the diff bolt .

Some guys glue the diff rings too the outdrives , but if youre running brushed it shouldnt be a problem .

DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE DIFF BOLT ! If you do you will crush the spring and the diff wont work like its supposed too or you will stripp the plastic in the diff outdrive .

Tighten the bolt till it JUST stops , then back it off 1/4 to 1/2 turn . Like mentioned before run the front diff a little tighter than the front unless you like the rear to be loose .