Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

RC18T Shocks??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 05:33 AM
nitro _ burner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC18T Shocks??

Hey all, i bought a "Knock-off" RC18T a little while ago.
Since i have a spare Tekin mini rage (8000Kv) motor lying around and with a BL mini baja and BL MLST2 i thought i wouldnt leave it just sit there, ill put it into my RC18T!!

So im making a list of parts to buy for the RC18T, amongst that list is shocks. I dont know which shocks are better.
All opinions and suggestions are welcome! if you have used any of them PLEASE tell me if they where any good!
ATM im starting to lean towards the 3 racing ones but IDK....

http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...8912&cat_name=
http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...7952&cat_name=
http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...6484&cat_name=

Cheers, NB.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:27 AM
ajb1205

Default RE: RC18T Shocks??

I have the GPM shocks and they're OK but I can't say I would recommend them. They look very cool but tend to leak and aren't that smooth (or atleast as smooth as the stockers). I haven't had time to really test them out since I went brushless + lipo but I got them cheap enough off ebay I had to try them out. A lot of guys seem to like the FT aluminum shocks. I'll probably grab a set of them when, and if, the GMPs go south.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:44 AM
KRO

I have been using the 3 Racing shocks for a while and I like them , nice and smooth and you can get rebuild kits for them .

They are the best shocks for the RC18 IMO , the FT shocks use spacers for preload and still use those screw on cap/seals at the bottom of the shock that seem to crack too easily for me .
Old 01-23-2008, 01:36 AM
nitro _ burner

ORIGINAL: KRO

I have been using the 3 Racing shocks for a while and I like them , nice and smooth and you can get rebuild kits for them .

They are the best shocks for the RC18 IMO , the FT shocks use spacers for preload and still use those screw on cap/seals at the bottom of the shock that seem to crack too easily for me .
Ok, so ill probably get the 3 racing then. do they leak much?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:41 AM
calvino

I have the Assocated FT shocks, HOLD OIL GREAT, don't cost that much.... get them[8D]
Old 01-24-2008, 12:20 AM
nitro _ burner

Can you find a link for me on the toyz? Also the 3 racing come with all the ball studs etc... do the FT??
Old 01-24-2008, 01:42 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: nitro _ burner

Can you find a link for me on the toyz? Also the 3 racing come with all the ball studs etc... do the FT??
no, the FT shocks don't come with the ball studs, you remove them from the old shocks,
Old 01-24-2008, 04:17 AM
Beomagi

Gpm shocks sucked for me. Shafts bend easy. FT and stock shocks worked great, cept stock leaks, 3racing shocks are nice too.

I'm using 1/10 scale shocks though. specifically these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDBT9&P=7

I don't race, I bash. with the speed larger motors got me I wanted durability over weight - not that 1/10 adds too much. I'm using a smaller motor (still laughs at my old mamba) now, but I just love how well these shocks stand up to punishment. The only sacrifice, is a modification to the rc18t body - the rc18mt body works just fine though.

my shocks are also upsidedown - lower cog if you think it matters, but for me, it's no leakage.