Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Diff Lube

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 04:14 PM
musclecar201

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diff Lube

Well I want to know what kind of lube to use and when I need to relube or even if I need too. I have a propulse incase anyone is wondering.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:50 PM
KRO

Default RE: Diff Lube

White lithium grease will work fine , there are some "diff grease" made by a few RC companies but its pretty expensive .

I wouldnt mess with it unless its not running smooth or you think the diff gears are worn down ....
Old 03-11-2008, 10:31 PM
jaejw1

you should clean your diffs often.. and you should use 2000 grit sand paper to smooth out the diff rings..

but pretty much anything will work... but my favorite is this stuff here.. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAV73&P=7
Old 03-12-2008, 01:58 PM
musclecar201

I have only had mine for a week kor too and I really got a rock jammed that has worn down a tooth a lot and what do you mean by smoothing out the diff rings. The main problem I have getting stuff in is the spur gear. Yeah I plan on using white lithium grease too, don't want to spend it by buying it online.