Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

opinions on the Losi Mini Monster Baja please

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

opinions on the Losi Mini Monster Baja please

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:11 PM
HarleyGal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on the Losi Mini Monster Baja please

Hi everyone, I am relatively new to the whole RC scene, but I am curious about the Mini Monster Baja. We have several RC vehicles in our household at the moment, ranging from real al-cheapo Ebay jobs, up to my rather expensive big monser truck. The only electric ones we have aren't that good, but I really like the look of the Mini Baja, but i haven't seen it in person. I would like to get a couple of really good electric ones, I am very keen on getting a Traxxas Rustler (brushless) at some stage, but I can't seem to stop looking at the 'cute' little Baja. It looks really robust cause it's so small, but is it? Is it good and fun, is it strong and fairly quick or are the mini's sort of a bit too small? I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, I just really like it and I'd love to hear from some of you who either own one or just know from friends, what it is really like. I am probably just being a typical female and going, "ohhhh it's cute..... I want one"

I would love to hear your opinions please and any mods you feel the Mini Baja requires
Old 04-04-2008, 01:35 PM
joeyvaz

Default RE: opinions on the Losi Mini Monster Baja please

The MMB is a cool little truck. It comes with a very good radio system. And a 7.4V lipo battery.

Speedwise: not bad, but that can always be modified :-)
Suspension: works pretty well, just change to a heavier weight shock oil if you plan on jumping anything.
Dual steering servos: HORRIBLE. My son has gone thru 3 in about ~10-15 battery packs. The first 2 were replaced by Horizon w/no questions asked. I am not going to contact them on this one. I am contemplating the single servo chasis upgrade. Or better dual servos (JR)

Good luck,
Joe
Old 04-04-2008, 04:41 PM
HarleyGal

Thanks for that Joe, I was starting to think that no one was going to reply [&:] Ok so that gives me something to think about, it is a bit annoying to buy something and nearly immediately have to do some up grade becuase the original part isn't suitable to the truck. I do still like it, but I'll have to think about it a bit more
Thanks again
Old 04-18-2008, 11:45 PM
ryan the pro

Have you checked out team associated , or other companys?
Old 12-07-2008, 02:25 PM
irockmysocks1116

i have a quik question about the mini baja too. i own one and i would like to do dual novak brushless but will i need two lipos? also i saw videos were there is no reverse with the dual brushless setup. will it work?
Old 12-07-2008, 02:51 PM
FloridaDude

dont do dual motors its a waste of money. get the neu 1105/1.5y it has the power of 2 mamba 5400kv motors
Old 12-08-2008, 07:03 AM
irockmysocks1116

thankyou
Old 12-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Beomagi

ORIGINAL: FloridaDude

dont do dual motors its a waste of money. get the neu 1105/1.5y it has the power of 2 mamba 5400kv motors

I'd still be wary of those differentials with such a powerful motor - Does anyone here know how well the mlst2 series with viscous diffs hold up from experience?