Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini LST2 Steering Servo Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:15 PM
rumotech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini LST2 Steering Servo Question

I recently plowed over my kids lst2 with my revo and took one of the wheels clean off!! Long story short one of the servos stripped due to hit.. I unpluged it and ran it with one servo and now the single server died. Can I get a better single servo? I noticed the losi servos are 25.00 each so looking for some feedback as I havent had the lst long
Old 05-16-2008, 12:30 AM
doskie

Default RE: Mini LST2 Steering Servo Question

hey rumotech, since you will need to fork out $50 for the two servo's you may want to invest in the exotech single servo conversion kit.
Yes it is dear ~$80, but it will last much longer and bashable compared to the stock ones
Old 05-16-2008, 12:46 AM
rumotech

for 80 does it include servo? got a link
Old 05-16-2008, 01:06 AM
doskie

sure thing:

http://www.exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_N...ONVERSION.html

Nope, doesn't come with any servo's, but if you have any 1/10 servo's handy, it will bolt right in.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:14 AM
rumotech

Nice setup but very pricey. Might consider it, its for my 4 year old so not to concerned with it. Only reason they messed up was being hit by a 20 lb truck at 50 mph
Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 AM
tyhodge07

im sure theres other type of servos that will fit right in, theres probably a hitech servo thats around 15 bucks or so, im not to sure what other options there are since i havent gotten my mlst yet (in the mail tomorrow )
Old 05-16-2008, 01:35 AM
rumotech

ohh man this little truck is sick! i got it in a trade and told my 4 year old is was hers.. once I drove it I wished I hadnt put my foot in my mouth, this little truck tears it up with the big boys. I can imagine how it will be with a brushless motor, lipo and a single servo chassis it will fly. Its very durable too, when I hit it with my revo I was sure the whole front end would be in peices... it broke the wheel clean off the axle and only stripped a servo so I was very impressed.

Anyone looking for a tricked mini t
Old 05-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

I'm not hear to bash, I happen to Love losi products. My fav was my LST2. But I did not like my MLST very much.
With this little truck it is work, work, mod mod, problem problem. Ever since I got the CEN ME16MT I have been much happier. It comes with a standard steering servo so you don't have this problem and it comes with a 540 motor system, so that makes making it fast easy and cheap and it runs a 6 cell sub C battery pack for long runtimes so you don't need LiPo and it runs 12mm hex wheels so you have a HUGE Varitey of wheels and tires for it, also 1/10th scale wheels will get you over alot more rough terrain than the little wheels found on all other minis. Sure you can upgrade them, but isn't it nice when the truck comes with such cool features already? I think it is the best mini truck made ever. Yes I have done alot of mods to it, but they were very easy, and the parts to do it were easy to find, because it's all 1/10 scale stuff.
Rumotech, just to give you an idea of how fast and powerfull it is with just a 12T modified brushed motor, I will take on any Modified and or brushless mini truck out there
Cheers and happy truckin
Old 05-16-2008, 08:28 AM
rumotech

Thanks for the info Wheelnut, considering this truck is for my 4 year old I will prolly keep it but I might consider getting the CEN for myself. Sounds like it can be fun and easier to fix up.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:51 AM
tyhodge07

i think its all depends on whose running the rc.. me myself have only broken maybe 3 parts the most (under 5 bucks) on all the micro's i own now and did own in the past (5 total) and on my larger scales, only blew a motor. i run my rc's some what hard, but i watch for them and dont try to bash them to where im gonna have to fork out so much to repair 1 part, i keep up with them every week, once a week cleaning them. and im sure whenever i get the mlst, ill have a different perspective about it than most people do that did have one. im sure ill break something sometime while running it, but im sure ill enjoy it and run the crap out of it at the same time. i understand what your saying wheelnut about some of the downsides, but there has to be some, thats what make people work harder and longer to make things better, and what makes companies stay alive. i searched last night on parts and things to make it better, and the exotek chassis conversion, seems to be the best route to go. and im picky about things, and the mlst has the look i want, even tho itll change some, but the cen me16mt just isnt the look for me, so id never consider it. has to much of an appearance of a walmart rc, and looks like its just screaming, lift me the correct way, something like what they did wrong with the micro raminator, a chassis at a stadium truck height, and calling it a monster truck, is just not right, lol.. thats why we all love opinions
Old 05-16-2008, 11:48 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find yourself a set of JR SM22 servos. They are being sold in pairs on ebay for about $30 a pair. They are FAR better than the stock units and will bolt in the stock location with some minor dremeling to the mounting ears and new holes drilled in same. When my stock servos stripped, I replaced them with SM22s and never had another problem. Best part is, they fit the stock servo saver spline so no mods required there.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:50 AM
rumotech

Thanks Buzz thats just the info I was looking for. Where can I find them sold in pairs for 30?
Old 05-16-2008, 11:56 AM
BuzzBomber

Best suggestion I can give it so go on ebay and search "jr sport SM22". That's how I got mine. You might need to wait a couple days on an auction if you don't find a "buy it now" link with a good price.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:41 PM
tyhodge07

i think the sm22's are to small, thats the ones for the micros as in 1/36 scale, you need the sm15's. last i remember of the mini's when i had my t, was the servo was almost 2 times the size of the micro's servo which is the same as the sm22

and the hitech ones that work are the hitec hs81 mg servo
Old 05-16-2008, 03:57 PM
rumotech

Now I am getting confussed!! [8D]
Old 05-16-2008, 04:05 PM
tyhodge07

im just saying the sm22 servos are pretty small and used for micro scales, the sm15's are larger and people have been using them in their mini's and also in the mlst from what i just read, so im sure youd want to go with the sm15's
Old 05-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

ORIGINAL: tyhodge07

i think its all depends on whose running the rc.. me myself have only broken maybe 3 parts the most (under 5 bucks) on all the micro's i own now and did own in the past (5 total) and on my larger scales, only blew a motor. i run my rc's some what hard, but i watch for them and dont try to bash them to where im gonna have to fork out so much to repair 1 part, i keep up with them every week, once a week cleaning them. and im sure whenever i get the mlst, ill have a different perspective about it than most people do that did have one. im sure ill break something sometime while running it, but im sure ill enjoy it and run the crap out of it at the same time. i understand what your saying wheelnut about some of the downsides, but there has to be some, thats what make people work harder and longer to make things better, and what makes companies stay alive. i searched last night on parts and things to make it better, and the exotek chassis conversion, seems to be the best route to go. and im picky about things, and the mlst has the look i want, even tho itll change some, but the cen me16mt just isnt the look for me, so id never consider it. has to much of an appearance of a walmart rc, and looks like its just screaming, lift me the correct way, something like what they did wrong with the micro raminator, a chassis at a stadium truck height, and calling it a monster truck, is just not right, lol.. thats why we all love opinions
I respect your opinion, but have you looked at mine since all of the modding I have done? It doesn't look like the original truck. I think it looks great now. Walmart trucks don't even come close
Old 05-16-2008, 04:56 PM
thedr
Banned

That seems a little high for the stock losi servos, that admittedly are junk (for the money), but for about the same amount of cash you might want to consider the HiTec HS-65MG servos. They're a far superior servo, a definate upgrade, more torque, have nearly indestructable metal gears, and are a drop in replacement (only slight modding needed).
Old 05-16-2008, 05:27 PM
tyhodge07

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: tyhodge07

I respect your opinion, but have you looked at mine since all of the modding I have done? It doesn't look like the original truck. I think it looks great now. Walmart trucks don't even come close
yea, i seen it last night, it still has the stadium truck look with a lifted body, the battery coming out the sides sorta ruins the look too, it would have to be something that would have to grow on me. i think its mainly the chassis setup i dont like, if it were done differently id like it, maybe theyll have a new one sometime in the future with a better type setup.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:18 PM
BuzzBomber

The SM22 are not too small. Look up the specs. They are within a few hundreds of an inch from the stockers dimensionally, and have more torque. I'm afraid you are mistaken. The SM15 are even less torque than the 22s, ie. 15 oz in. vs 22 oz in in addition to being slightly smaller.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:12 PM
rumotech

to everyone their own. Thanks for the info on the servos I will be checking into those.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:23 PM
robwiljas

I replaced my steering servos with 2 JR SM22's, they fit perfect with only a little drilling and work much better than the stockers.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Peowraaku

I've never heard of the JR servo's being mentioned in this thread, so I'll have to research those, but I can tell you that the easiest upgrade servo (that I've seen) to bolt in is JRPS241 (plastic gear) or JRPSZ241MG (metal gear.) They have the same spline as the stock servo savers, and fit perfectly in the chassis holes. The only modding you have to do is drill mounting holes, because these JR servos have a single hole in the middle instead of two holes like the stock servo. I've seen a lot of people talking about fitting Hitec servos in this truck, but they have a different spline so you would have to source a servo saver from another vehicle.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:21 AM
brainleak
My Feedback: (1)

241's agreed, the installation is rather easy. drill a couple holes, they move fast and have good torque. I've been running them for quite some time and have no issues.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Peowraaku

Another (cheaper) option is to replace the gears in the stock servos. Theres one gear in there that constantly strips out. If anyone is interested, check out the howto thread I posted regarding the stock servo gears at one18th.com. http://www.one18th.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58328

Here are some pictures of my 241MG install, and a side-by-side comparison of MS20DS and 241MG. I used the large self-taping screws that came with the servos, and the spring, plate and screw from LOSB1228 to mount the stock servo saver arm. I needed LOSB1228 because the MG spline requires a machine thread screw unlike the stock servos. I needed a spacer on the front screws to prevent them from poking out the bottom and interfering with the servo arm, so I cut the rings off of a broken bumper brace.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49805.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	951056   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26756.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	951057   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27815.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	951058  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.