Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD **********

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:16 AM
hyperscorpic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD **********

Just showing off my newly done shell

Old 03-06-2010, 12:18 PM
rschoi_75

Looks good.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:02 PM
aznmode

nice ST. I painted mine black too with a silver strip.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:50 PM
rschoi_75

Just got my new SC chassis in from tower the other day and slapped it on my ST. I have to admit the new chassis does wonders for handling. It really does drive more like a 1/10th scale. I'm in love all over again.

For the body, I used an XTM Rage body and painted it up like the my other 1/8 scales. The Rage body actually fits quite nicely and the length is just right. I used velcro on the sides to mount it. Tires are Xtm rage wheels with duratrax mini quake split blocks.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:49 AM
hyperscorpic

Cool! Nice to find a shell tha fits the ST with SC chassis. Have you tried any other shells that fit also?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:16 AM
quads4_life

Hey guys i just upgradded to brushless picked up a cheap dynomite fuse 8300kv and esc combo. I know this is not the greatest but not planning on doing anything wild with this no lipos just regular 6cell nimh.

But I am having a problem i dont know what to gear it at. Right now all I have is the stock gearing which i am not sure what it is but the car shutters when I put it on the carpet. on the hardwood floors it spins out of control. all I was is to be able to run it on my small track in my back yard I have my Mini EREVO for the insane speeds.

Just want something a little faster and lots of fun to play with.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:34 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: quads4_life

Hey guys i just upgradded to brushless picked up a cheap dynomite fuse 8300kv and esc combo. I know this is not the greatest but not planning on doing anything wild with this no lipos just regular 6cell nimh.

But I am having a problem i dont know what to gear it at. Right now all I have is the stock gearing which i am not sure what it is but the car shutters when I put it on the carpet. on the hardwood floors it spins out of control. all I was is to be able to run it on my small track in my back yard I have my Mini EREVO for the insane speeds.

what size is the motor?????? from what your saying.. my first guess would be that the motor is already too small and doesnt have the torque to push the detta... you might want to get a 49t spur and the smallest pinion that would fit...
Old 03-21-2010, 02:37 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: rschoi_75

Just got my new SC chassis in from tower the other day and slapped it on my ST. I have to admit the new chassis does wonders for handling. It really does drive more like a 1/10th scale. I'm in love all over again.

For the body, I used an XTM Rage body and painted it up like the my other 1/8 scales. The Rage body actually fits quite nicely and the length is just right. I used velcro on the sides to mount it. Tires are Xtm rage wheels with duratrax mini quake split blocks.

sweet... have you played in the dirt yet (dirt track 18th or my favorite 10th scale)?????
Old 03-21-2010, 10:42 PM
quads4_life

ORIGINAL: jaejw1

what size is the motor?????? from what your saying.. my first guess would be that the motor is already too small and doesnt have the torque to push the detta... you might want to get a 49t spur and the smallest pinion that would fit...

I*am not sure on the size but it is smaller in size than the stock motor but it mounted strait up. It cogs a little then it is insane on just a 6 cell pack.

what is the stock gearing?

My detta has sat on the shelf for about a year because I lost a screw holding the wheels on but I did the all thread mod and its good and want to do the brushless. The fuze kit I purchased said that it was for 1/18 and 1/10th so I figured it would be ok.

I will go to my Local hobby shop and see if they have an 8 or 10 pinion and see if they have any spurs. and I guess get the smallest spur they have. not real sure on gearing.

thanks for help and sugestions. I really like my detta alot more then my money pit mlst2 with junk diff's and servos.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:06 PM
brianjskora
My Feedback: (3)

Jaejw- what wheel/tire combo is that in your picture. I like the matching bodies, they look well done!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:02 AM
J0EC00L

Hello,

I'm interested in getting a vendetta or maybe a brushless mini quake.

I own a mini e revo vxl that is well modified, so I'm not trying to better it with a duratrax. But, I would like a second basher RC and my current pro-pulse is not fun anymore. I can get a mini quake brushless for about 65. With extra parts and what not. Is this a good deal? Or, should I hold out and go for a detta st?

Answer quick if possible.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:22 PM
rschoi_75

ORIGINAL: brianjskora

Jaejw- what wheel/tire combo is that in your picture. I like the matching bodies, they look well done!
Those are my r/c's. The wheels/tires on the detta st are XTM Rage wheels with Mini Quake/M18MT split block tires.

ORIGNIAL: JOEC00L
I'm interested in getting a vendetta or maybe a brushless mini quake.
Save up for a detta ST. The mini quake was discontinued about two years ago, so parts will be increasingly hard to find. Plus the detta st is built MUCH better than the Mini Quake. I still love my old mini quake, but it can't keep up with the dettas.

ORIGINAL: Jaejw1
sweet... have you played in the dirt yet (dirt track 18th or my favorite 10th scale)?????
just bashing. I don't race anymore since I work weekends now. Jae, buy this chassis, you'll love it. I'm not sure if Socal will allow it, but you can ask them... in the very least, it will help you against the larger scales.

BTW if anyone is wondering, you'll need:
- SC chassis
- SC battery strap
- SC center drive shaft
- Rear pivot balls for the new chassis. (if you can't get your old ones out of the short chassis).
Old 03-22-2010, 01:33 PM
jaejw1

oh no.. thats not mine.. its way too clean to be mine.. i forgot to delete the photo links when i quoted rschoi_75

if im correct those split blocks should be for the mini quake.. i have the same tires
Old 03-22-2010, 01:35 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: rschoi_75

ORIGINAL: Jaejw1
just bashing. I don't race anymore since I work weekends now. Jae, buy this chassis, you'll love it.

BTW if anyone is wondering, you'll need:
- SC chassis
- SC battery strap
- SC center drive shaft
- Rear pivot balls for the new chassis. (if you can't get your old ones out of the short chassis).
sweet.. i just might... i need something to do to keep me busy on my days off.. besides playing with kettlebells.. lol
Old 03-22-2010, 01:59 PM
brianjskora

Thanks rschoi- I've been looking for a nice tire/wheel combo for my vendetta and I've definately found it. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for following up too jaejw, much appreciated
Old 03-22-2010, 02:47 PM
jaejw1

Thanks rschoi- I've been looking for a nice tire/wheel combo for my vendetta and I've definately found it. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for following up too jaejw, much appreciated
tire review www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6000527/tm.htm check this out..
Old 03-22-2010, 08:42 PM
quads4_life

I*am not sure on the size but it is smaller in size than the stock motor but it mounted strait up. It cogs a little then it is insane on just a 6 cell pack.

what is the stock gearing?

My detta has sat on the shelf for about a year because I lost a screw holding the wheels on but I did the all thread mod and its good and want to do the brushless. The fuze kit I purchased said that it was for 1/18 and 1/10th so I figured it would be ok.

I will go to my Local hobby shop and see if they have an 8 or 10 pinion and see if they have any spurs. and I guess get the smallest spur they have. not real sure on gearing.

thanks for help and sugestions. I really like my detta alot more then my money pit mlst2 with junk diff's and servos.
OK i went to my local hobby shop and they did not have any pinions but he traded me my fuze 8300kv for a mamba 4200 and I am still getting cogging. when I hold it in the air under no load it runs perfect. But as soon as I sit it on the ground it just shutter and is still hard to get it moving.

I am guessing this is still a cogging issue. does anybody any suggestions
Old 03-22-2010, 08:44 PM
jaejw1

the motor is tooo small... you need a larger motor..
Old 03-22-2010, 09:19 PM
quads4_life

OK do I need to get a 1/10th size motor? this is a 1/18 kit.

and do I need a different motor mount?

thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 PM
J0EC00L

Brian...

I just won a Vendetta for 115 - Shipped!

I'm really excited now!

My next question is;

EZ-Run brushless or the TRaxxas Velineon Brushless system we run in our MERV's?

I know what you're gonna say; but hear me out - EZ-run system will cost me half... and won't be too much for the 1/18th car; though i wouldn't mind the power and waterproofness from traxxas!

We'll see when the time comes! Thanks again for the info you gave me earlier!

Joe
Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 PM
jaejw1

OK do I need to get a 1/10th size motor? this is a 1/18 kit.

and do I need a different motor mount?

thanks
no .. you need a motor thats the same size as the stock motor.. 28mm or 400 can
Old 03-22-2010, 10:50 PM
quads4_life

ok Thanks what do you recomend? will a 1/10th bolt up or what size ?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:53 PM
jaejw1

the newer castle motor systems and the novak mongoose... or if your really serious then get a mamba 10th scale sidewinder and the NEU 1105 or 1107 series motor.. and get robinson racing steel metric pinions..
Old 03-23-2010, 07:25 AM
quads4_life

the newer castle motor systems and the novak mongoose... or if your really serious then get a mamba 10th scale sidewinder and the NEU 1105 or 1107 series motor.. and get robinson racing steel metric pinions..

ok thanks
Old 03-23-2010, 11:05 PM
J0EC00L

Hey all,

I was wondering what hop-ups for the vendetta are interchangable from other R/C's. Ie. Certain hop-ups for the rc18t are also interchangeable on other 4wd rc's. The propulse buggy is nearly identical to the rc18t and many of the parts are direct swap out.

So, are there any interchangeable parts out their? I ask, because I have some universal cvd shafts by hot racing, intended for the RC18t... But I know could probably fit a host of other similar designed 1/18 scal rc's - such as the pro-pulse.

Thanks

Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.