Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD **********

Old 08-22-2011, 12:07 PM
megamanturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD **********

It's an RJ Speed body for the SC18 and craftily cut fenders. I just got HPI 31mm wheels and stock Detta ST tires (regret), but they don't hook up for anything. Next step will just be 2.2s and conservative gearing.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:00 PM
rschoi_75

Looking for a new wheel tire combo... anyone have pics with:

- mini revo wheels tires

- mini lst wheels/ tires

any other suggestions?
Old 09-05-2011, 03:51 PM
megamanturbo

Mini Revo tires would be pretty big on the little 'Detta, but you could pull it off geared right. Mini LST tires are more proportional, but are a dying breed, and need a hex to convert it over. I'd go with Revo tires, personally. =) No pictures though. =( Sorry bubba.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:39 AM
rschoi_75

So I just had my first broken part on my Detta ST yesterday. The servo saver finally crapped out and snapped after getting tied up with a pebble.

5 years, 9 months, and 25 days = 1 break

Not a bad track record if I do say so myself.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:04 PM
megamanturbo

Hey man, I hear ya. I've had this critter for like 6 years also and despite my slew of spare parts... I can't break anything. Err... Mostly. Diffs and axles plague me. But I finally got steel diff gears and solid DT axles... It's beast.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:42 AM
hyperscorpic

ORIGINAL: rschoi_75

So I just had my first broken part on my Detta ST yesterday. The servo saver finally crapped out and snapped after getting tied up with a pebble.

5 years, 9 months, and 25 days = 1 break

Not a bad track record if I do say so myself.
You're not bashing the detta hard enough [>:]
I gotta agree with you, the detta is a tough RC. Now the only thing holding me back are my lipos. They are my weakest link. Not capacity and power wise, but durability wise. Lipos don't like the roller coaster ride within the detta. They cant seem to cope with the stresses of landing on hard concrete grounds as well as my detta.
Now if anyone is looking for a 1/8 scale equivalent of the detta, do check out the Thunder Tiger MT4G3. I'm not doing any advertising for them. I just bought one, and it handles big jumps without bottoming out,is very durable and fast too! Just thought I'd share the good stuff.
Here's mine with a newly painted shell

Here's the same truck 5 mins later at the skate park [:@]
Old 09-29-2011, 07:55 PM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

Wow....I forgot all about this thread. Man those were good times. Unfortunately I have sold my Vendetta ST. Since I have moved on to the fun world of 1/8 nitro Truggy. It was a great little car. I would suggest to any and all. Jaejw1 has a TON of knowledge. Have fun with your detta's guys.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:11 AM
rschoi_75

The TT MGT4G3 looks super cool. I already run a older Xray XT8 that I've converted to electric. I also used to run a 1/8 Xray XB8EC electric as well.
1/8th scale is awesome, but sometimes you need something smaller for those days in your backyard. I've been more than satisfied with the vendetta line of minis since they came out.
I've been running them since the Anderson MB4 buggy kit first came out in Dec 2005. I still have the original buggy, and I still run it a few times a week.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:24 PM
hyperscorpic

ORIGINAL: rschoi_75

but sometimes you need something smaller for those days in your backyard.
Totally agree with you. On top of that, I also have the mini revo for those rainy days.
So I have a MT for doing all the jumps, a detta for the speed runs and jumps, and a revo for running in thunderstorms
Can't think of anything else I need
Old 10-04-2011, 08:02 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

hey guys. i know this is a detta st thread, but i have a questions about the detta st tires and rims... what are the sizes of the rims and tires compared to the detta tc? what size hexes on the detta st? if i were to put st tires and rims on a tc, would it work and will steering fully work as well? thanks for any help guys. i want to transform my tc with as little mods as possible so i get a little more ground clearence and traction with bigger tires on the road.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:38 AM
rschoi_75

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

hey guys. i know this is a detta st thread, but i have a questions about the detta st tires and rims... what are the sizes of the rims and tires compared to the detta tc? what size hexes on the detta st? if i were to put st tires and rims on a tc, would it work and will steering fully work as well? thanks for any help guys. i want to transform my tc with as little mods as possible so i get a little more ground clearence and traction with bigger tires on the road.

ST tires won't fit the TC. They are much too large and the TC arms are way too short. The hexes are 12mm.

You have two options:
1) Mod your detta TC into buggy or SCT spec with new arms, hubs, suspension, wheels and tires.
2) Get another vehicle to suit your needs. Vendetta TC's are meant for smooth surfaces like carpet or hardwood floors. I would suggest looking into an older RC18R for street running or just move up to 1/10th scale on road.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:06 PM
megamanturbo

Well... Since I've already managed to destroy my body, I had to find a way to not destroy the front shocks/shock tower. Saw an old wing mount and huzzah! Rollover protection. If anyone else is having issues with that... Asphalt is very unforgiving.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:31 PM
hyperscorpic

ORIGINAL: megamanturbo

Well... Since I've already managed to destroy my body, I had to find a way to not destroy the front shocks/shock tower. Saw an old wing mount and huzzah! Rollover protection. If anyone else is having issues with that... Asphalt is very unforgiving.
That's a brillant idea. How are those links/threads attached to the screws below?
For me I just double up on the front shock tower. Managed to survive all the bad landings so far
Old 10-05-2011, 03:33 PM
kaycerc

Asphalt is very unforgiving.
no kidding?

Old 10-05-2011, 04:12 PM
megamanturbo

ORIGINAL: kaycerc

no kidding? [img][/img]

LOL sarcasm much?

The ball ends were just a means of triangulation, so that (very) hard landings don't bend the shock tower. They're holding up pretty well, but I'm still looking for a more refined solution.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:36 AM
kaycerc

no kidding?[img][/img]

LOL sarcasm much?

The ball ends were just a means of triangulation, so that (very) hard landings don't bend the shock tower. They're holding up pretty well, but I'm still looking for a more refined solution.
I've heard getting a new body aids that tremendously.

(you might also consider installing the upper suspension arms on the correct side, I've heard it improves the handling)

Old 10-06-2011, 05:42 AM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: hyperscorpic
I gotta agree with you, the detta is a tough RC. Now the only thing holding me back are my lipos. They are my weakest link. Not capacity and power wise, but durability wise. Lipos don't like the roller coaster ride within the detta. They cant seem to cope with the stresses of landing on hard concrete grounds as well as my detta.
Lipos don't know or care if they're upside down or rightside up.
And if they're sliding around in the battery box, some foam battery pads should keep them from moving.
Duratrax and a few others make hardcarse lipos for minis.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:20 PM
megamanturbo

no kidding? [img][/img]

LOL sarcasm much?

(you might also consider installing the upper suspension arms on the correct side [img][/img], I've heard it improves the handling)

Yeah buddy, let me get a new body like the Phat Bodies Bolt, or Frogger's Goblin body (both buggy shells) and get back to you in regards to how well the front tower is magically protected. And the front arms, yeah uhhh.... I realize that the pivot ball isn't in a direct line with the pin's axis, but it doesn't affect the suspension's range of motion, or geometry. Sorry man, but you've heard wrong.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:29 AM
hyperscorpic

And if they're sliding around in the battery box, some foam battery pads should keep them from moving.
My lipos aren't sliding around. I've put a layer of foam underneath the lipos. What I meant is the lipos can't handle the impacts as well as my detta on the landings.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:47 AM
kaycerc

no kidding?[img][/img]

LOL sarcasm much?

(you might also consider installing the upper suspension arms on the correct side[img][/img], I've heard it improves the handling)

Yeah buddy, let me get a new body like the Phat Bodies Bolt, or Frogger's Goblin body (both buggy shells) and get back to you in regards to how well the front tower is magically protected. And the front arms, yeah uhhh.... I realize that the pivot ball isn't in a direct line with the pin's axis, but it doesn't affect the suspension's range of motion, or geometry. Sorry man, but you've heard wrong.
There are body options out there, outside the buggy realm, that wil allow you to cover the front shock tower. Trucks galore.

The front arms? YES, they're upside down like I said, you installed them backwards/wrong side - and it does affect the suspension's range of motion and geometry (it's why they have a slight bend in them). You should really check the manual, or them closely, they have (L or R) marks on them to designate which side they're to be installed on. Pretty obvious if you look.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:48 AM
kaycerc

My lipos aren't sliding around. I've put a layer of foam underneath the lipos. What I meant is the lipos can't handle the impacts as well as my detta on the landings.
Not sure what you mean. I've been using soft-side lipos in mine for years and never damaged a one. If you have them installed correctly, they really shouldn't move.
But, like I said, there are hard-case options out there now too.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:13 AM
megamanturbo

I know, but I'm not really interested in truck bodies. Unless a really nice one pops up... I'm not running my Vendetta in any "standard" form factor, the SC body is too narrow for my configuration, and the stock buggy body is too short. It's going to have to be something else, like the two LWB bodies I referenced.

And I'll take a leap of faith and humor you: I'll flip the arms. But in the years I've owned, modified, and repaired this truck, trust me I have noticed the "L" and "R". Just always preferred the arms like this.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:48 PM
dubluv

so i recieved my Sidewinder V2 finally, so it's going into the MERV, and mt detta ST is getting its ezrun 35A back. I've missed my ezrun/permax combo...
Old 10-08-2011, 01:03 AM
hyperscorpic

Not sure what you mean. I've been using soft-side lipos in mine for years and never damaged a one. If you have them installed correctly, they really shouldn't move.

You're just not bashing it hard enough haha
During some hard landings, I notice the battery tray would pop out from the front end, ejecting my lipos halfway. But then again, I take my detta to the skate park and jump the hell out of it

Old 10-08-2011, 06:45 AM
kaycerc

You're just not bashing it hard enough haha
During some hard landings, I notice the battery tray would pop out from the front end, ejecting my lipos halfway. But then again, I take my detta to the skate park and jump the hell out of it

1) It's amazing what can be fixed with a little ingenuity, like a hole in the front of the battery hold down and a zip tie.
2) I prefer not looking for ways to intentionally break my RCs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.