Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD **********

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 07:05 PM
megamanturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD **********

I just got rid of the front strap entirely and put a stand off with a screw for the front portion. Prevents it from popping out and is much tougher. And skate parks are loads of fun... Good way to learn how throttle control affects in-air attitude. I also frequent a nearby bike track.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:05 PM
megamanturbo

Hey guys I'm experiencing some sudden intense heat from both my ESC and Ammo motor, within a real short time frame, too. I haven't changed gearing, tires, or battery packs and suddenly it's mad crazy hot (5 second finger test) in a matter of ~4 minutes. Any suggestions?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:57 PM
rschoi_75

ORIGINAL: megamanturbo

Hey guys I'm experiencing some sudden intense heat from both my ESC and Ammo motor, within a real short time frame, too. I haven't changed gearing, tires, or battery packs and suddenly it's mad crazy hot (5 second finger test) in a matter of ~4 minutes. Any suggestions?
Go through your detta and see if anything is binding (including the motor... since ammos have lots of air holes). That's most likely the cause of sudden overheating.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:26 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

my ammo always has run hot... but i wouldn't be surprised if there was some binding in my driveline... i'm also getting a lot of cogging since i swtiched my esc i was running a turginty (hobbywing) 35a and i switched to a mamba micro pro and i get a ton of cogging until i get up to speed, my gearing is 16/45... (i think hasn't changed) on 2s once it gets moving it's fine...

the lug
Old 10-12-2011, 07:47 PM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: megamanturbo

Could be a lot of things, from a bearing (somewhere in the car) going bad, to a bad solder joint, batteries going bad, or even out-of-date (cogging) software on the mamba.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:09 PM
megamanturbo

Yeah those were my first ideas too. I checked for cold solder joints, none of the wires themselves get hot. Batteries are brand new, maybe ~5 runs on each, bearings are new, vehicle free-spins like a champ. I'm genuinely at a loss. =( Thanks for the suggestions guys. Right now I have the motor apart looking if anything crazy got inside through a vent.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:23 PM
tyhodge07

Any detta ppl have a sc drive shaft they want to part with, trade for an st one. Sell cheap?

Also, a new vendetta forum for all vendettas came onto the net beginning of the year. Looking to have a large community for the detta crowd. Check it out. Only me and a couple others there so far.

Http://vendettauniverse.forumotion.com
Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Tonehouseny

Hope someone will respond to this thread . Where can I get steel diffs, and pinions for my vendetta sc? Is there another mini that has parts that will fit? Running fuze dynamite brushless 3500 kv 60amp esc .. Also trying to find a metal spur gear an internals for drivetrain, can't find any dealer to buy hop ups as sc is discontinued . Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-18-2012, 07:15 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

http://www.thetoyz.com/Duratrax/Vend...he-Toyz/10259/

are those what you're looking for? the ball diffs are much stronger than the stock plastic units you'll need a ball diff to run those i believe, but i think those should help

the lug
Old 12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
rcphanatik

Hey guys, it's been a LONG time since I've been on rcuniverse, and I used to be involved in the 1/10th scale scene. I had a Rustler, a Jato 3.3, and a Redcat POS.

Now, I'm looking at getting my foot back in the door with an 1/18th scale, so I've come to you guys.

Firstly, I'd love to hear all of the best things and worst things about the Duratrax Vendetta ST.

But, Secondly, I'd like to know if this is a good deal (http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/3432201547.html) and what kind of ESC I should be looking at to replace it. Obvoiusly the original is discontinued. Also, I'm guessing that this isn't a common problem, and likely has to do with overpowering from the 2200 mah LiPo.

Suggestions? Thanks!