Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
Results 2,026 to 2,035 of 2035

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD **********

I just got rid of the front strap entirely and put a stand off with a screw for the front portion. Prevents it from popping out and is much tougher. And skate parks are loads of fun... Good way to learn how throttle control affects in-air attitude. I also frequent a nearby bike track.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys I'm experiencing some sudden intense heat from both my ESC and Ammo motor, within a real short time frame, too. I haven't changed gearing, tires, or battery packs and suddenly it's mad crazy hot (5 second finger test) in a matter of ~4 minutes. Any suggestions?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: megamanturbo

Hey guys I'm experiencing some sudden intense heat from both my ESC and Ammo motor, within a real short time frame, too. I haven't changed gearing, tires, or battery packs and suddenly it's mad crazy hot (5 second finger test) in a matter of ~4 minutes. Any suggestions?
    Go through your detta and see if anything is binding (including the motor... since ammos have lots of air holes). That's most likely the cause of sudden overheating.
    Of course I\'\'ll have coffee... I always have coffee when I\'\'m watching radar. Everyone knows that!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my ammo always has run hot... but i wouldn't be surprised if there was some binding in my driveline... i'm also getting a lot of cogging since i swtiched my esc i was running a turginty (hobbywing) 35a and i switched to a mamba micro pro and i get a ton of cogging until i get up to speed, my gearing is 16/45... (i think hasn't changed) on 2s once it gets moving it's fine...

the lug
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: megamanturbo

Could be a lot of things, from a bearing (somewhere in the car) going bad, to a bad solder joint, batteries going bad, or even out-of-date (cogging) software on the mamba.

- Just because your redneck buddy said so does not make it right.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah those were my first ideas too. I checked for cold solder joints, none of the wires themselves get hot. Batteries are brand new, maybe ~5 runs on each, bearings are new, vehicle free-spins like a champ. I'm genuinely at a loss. =( Thanks for the suggestions guys. Right now I have the motor apart looking if anything crazy got inside through a vent.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any detta ppl have a sc drive shaft they want to part with, trade for an st one. Sell cheap?

Also, a new vendetta forum for all vendettas came onto the net beginning of the year. Looking to have a large community for the detta crowd. Check it out. Only me and a couple others there so far.

Http://vendettauniverse.forumotion.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hope someone will respond to this thread . Where can I get steel diffs, and pinions for my vendetta sc? Is there another mini that has parts that will fit? Running fuze dynamite brushless 3500 kv 60amp esc .. Also trying to find a metal spur gear an internals for drivetrain, can't find any dealer to buy hop ups as sc is discontinued . Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.thetoyz.com/Duratrax/Vend...he-Toyz/10259/

are those what you're looking for? the ball diffs are much stronger than the stock plastic units you'll need a ball diff to run those i believe, but i think those should help

the lug
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys, it's been a LONG time since I've been on rcuniverse, and I used to be involved in the 1/10th scale scene. I had a Rustler, a Jato 3.3, and a Redcat POS.

Now, I'm looking at getting my foot back in the door with an 1/18th scale, so I've come to you guys.

Firstly, I'd love to hear all of the best things and worst things about the Duratrax Vendetta ST.

But, Secondly, I'd like to know if this is a good deal (http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/3432201547.html) and what kind of ESC I should be looking at to replace it. Obvoiusly the original is discontinued. Also, I'm guessing that this isn't a common problem, and likely has to do with overpowering from the 2200 mah LiPo.

Suggestions? Thanks!
    Next Best Thing to a real car! )

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182