Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

RC18T leaking Shocks????

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 02:33 PM
ryan the pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC18T leaking Shocks????

I just ordered an RC18MT, and have been reading forums and reviews trying to figure out which parts I should immediately buy or upgrade. I have a low budget and was wondering if there is a cheap way to fix the shocks without buying new ones. I'm a newbie so I would like an effective but easy way to fix the shocks. Thanks: Ryan
Old 06-21-2008, 03:31 PM
peelin_out

Default RE: RC18T leaking Shocks????

I dunno.. the 3racing seem to be the best imo hopup shocks.. they're about $25 on ebay.. but the stock shocks on my 18R didn't leak too much and did a great job of dampening.. you might be ok with the stock ones for a while... I would wait and see how they are after a few runs.

PS: I think the best right off the bat upgrades are

DP gear cover (but this is a fairly large job to install, you need to pull the rear gear box to get this in..)
DP draglink (steering upgrade, helps a lot)

and maybe some adjustable turnbuckles.. but I would wait, get the truck, drive it and then see what you think you need after a little while of ownership.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:35 PM
ryan the pro

I really don't want to spend that much money on the shocks. I really just want a cheap fix that will last a while.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:17 PM
fm2h3

My shocks leak time to time but very slowly you should super glue the plugs on the bottom on because they tend to pop off and spill every where.
But if they dont pop off they dont really leak. And i have been doin fine without a gear cover but it is a problem waiting to happen.
Recommended Upgrades to buy
Gear Cover
Motor and ESC Heat Sink
Better Battery Charger or more Batterys (as it comes with one battery and a 10 hour charger)
Extra antenna straws if possible
Old 06-22-2008, 01:23 AM
MonkeyFist

One thing you can do to help is to mount the shocks up side down. It helps some, but it's not a total fix.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:26 AM
rschoi_75

^+1

use associated green slime on the o-rings too.