Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini Open Classes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:21 PM
WackoWasko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mini Open Classes?

When you go race 1/18 cars (I'm talking about on-road, but if it applies to off-road, then thats cool, too), is it okay, or have you ever seen anyone with a 540 or 480 size motor racing in an open class? I know some of you will say go to your local track, but the only ones I know of are more than 30 minutes away, and I wouldn't really like making the trip just to watch.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Gex_61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Open Classes?

We have open mini classes on dirt oval and road coarse. Speaking from experience, a mamba 8k and 3cell lipo will compete with anything out there. Past that, any extra power won't be necessary, and you will be adding weight to the car with larger motors.

We have many different motor/battery combinations at our track, but everyone seems to keep up with each other. We all have excessive power. We had one guy running a 1/18 brushed motor that he wound himself. We have another guy who is running a 1/10 brushless system. I am running a mamba 8k and a 2cell lipo, and my name is almost always up there on the list. I would be set if I had a 3cell lipo.